TNA Bound For Glory, taking place at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan. This event is TNA's first ever pay per view to take place in Japan. TNA partnered with Japan's Wrestle-1 organization to make this pay per view possible. There will be a nice mixer of TNA and W-1 talent on tonight's card. TNA will not be defending the TNA World Title on tonight's card which is always a staple for pay per view cards. TNA and W-1 have promised to deliver with the TNA talent we know and get a look at some of what Japan has to offer with their W-1 talent. Here is tonight's card:
- The Great Muta and Yoshihiro Tajiri vs James Storm and The Great Sanada: James Storm insulted The Great Muta, calling him a horrible mentor towards Sanada. Sanada defended Muta's honor only to turn on his mentor and join with Storm. Storm created his own stable of men, has trained them as his own students and re-debuted Sanada as The Great Sanada. Yoshihiro Tajiri arrived in TNA to join in the battle, siding with his friend Muta. This match is being advertised in Japan as the main event.
- Team 3D's TNA Hall of Fame induction ceremony: One of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame, Team 3D, Bully Ray and Devon. Counting ECW, WCW, WWE, TNA and New Japan, Team 3D are 23 time World Tag Team Champions. Like I said one of the greatest tag teams of all time!
- "Hardcore Match": Tommy Dreamer and Abyss vs. Team 3D: After Team 3D is enshrined in the TNA Hall of Fame, they will get hardcore. Team 3D will take on their best friend and fellow ECW alumni, Tommy Dreamer and his partner TNA's king of hardcore, Abyss.
- "TNA X-Division Championship": Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayashi: The first of two title defenses on the card. The Samoan Submission Machine, Samoa Joe renews his rivalry with a man that he's had many wars with, Low Ki. Mixed in is W-1's own, Kaz Hayashi. Hayashi is a two time New Japan World Junior Heavyweight Champion and is looking to add his first TNA X-Division Championship to his resume.
- Ethan Carter III vs Ryota Hama: ECIII claims to have done it all and beaten all the legends who have stood in his way. Hama an ex-sumo wrestler is next up for ECIII to face. Hama was the fastest to win Japan's Triple Crown Championship. Hama looks to continue his wrestling legacy, ECIII looks to continue to make a name for himself by defeating an ex-sumo wrestler.
- "TNA Knockouts Championship": Havok (c) vs Velvet Sky: The second TNA title match will see the Knockouts in action. Havok, has been destroying every knockout to get in her path, even putting down former champ, Gail Kim, with a separated shoulder. Velvet Sky of the Beautiful People looks to finally derail the Havok Express and take home the title.
- MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto: The biggest mouth in TNA, MVP, is in singles action tonight. Kazma Sakamoto will represent W-1 in this match. Sakamoto has a mixed arsenal of power and submission moves and is best known for his tag team wrestling. Sakamoto is a four time Strongest-K Tag Team Champion. Can Sakamoto shut MVP up once and for all?
- Manik vs. Minoru Tanaka: Manik, another recruit of James Storm's stable takes on Minoru Tanaka, representing W-1, in singles action. Tanaka is a veteran of the sport and is a four time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion and a five time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion. In a upstart vs veteran battle who will come out on top?
- Andy Wu and Hijo Del Pantera vs Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro and Yusuke Kodama: W-1 will be showcasing four wrestlers from their roster in this tag team match. If you're into Japanese wrestling or want to get a look at how important Japan sees their wrestling, than this match is a must see.
And that's the card for this year's TNA Bound For Glory. Come back on Monday afternoon as I will have the BFG recap.
Tap or snap