Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, Impact, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, PWG, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER, BEYOND, DEFIANT and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
*** WWE ***
- John Cena's Return: This past week on Monday Night RAW, John Cena returned to action as he battled Elias Samson. According to reports, Cena is expected to stick around for a few more weeks leading into the WWE Royal Rumble at the end of January.
- Jason Jordan Makes History: After winning the WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship this past Monday, Jason Jordan has made some history as well. Jordan currently is the first and only superstar to win the NXT World Tag Team Championship, the WWE Smackdown Live World Tag Team Championship and the WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship.
- Dolph Ziggler Stripped Of The WWE United States Championship: This past Tuesday on Smackdown Live, GM Daniel Bryan announced that Dolph Ziggler was being stripped of the WWE United States Championship, after Ziggler laid down the title in the ring, walked out and hasn't been heard from since.
- WWE United States Championship Tournament Announced: This past Tuesday on Smackdown Live, GM Daniel Bryan announced a tournament to crown a new WWE United States Champion. Bobby Roode defeated Baron Corbin and Jinder Mahal defeated Tye Dillinger to start it off. The winner of Aiden English vs. Xavier Woods will face Mahal and the winner of Zack Ryder vs. Mojo Rawley will battle Roode in the final four.
- Randy Orton Taking A Hiatus?: According to PWInsider.com, Randy Orton could be out of action for most of February and all of March and will also work a light schedule in January. Rumors are stating that this could be leading to Orton eventually stepping down into a part time role with the company as well with Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Chris Jericho.
- Dean Ambrose Update: The Tuesday before Christmas, Dean Ambrose underwent successful surgery to repair a high grade triceps tendon injury. The procedure was performed by Dr. Jeffrey Dugas in Birmingham, Ala., and took around 40 minutes. Ambrose has begun physical therapy, starting with light range of motion exercises. Ambrose is expected to miss Wrestlemania 34, as he will be out for at least 9 months.
- Brian Kendrick Injured: This past Monday on RAW, Brian Kendrick was sent to local hospital to be checked for a potential injury, after taking a stiff Go To Sleep from Hideo Itami during their match. After tests came back it was discovered that Kendrick suffered a fractured orbital bone and a fractured nasal bridge. It's unknown at this time how long Kendrick will be out for.
- Paige Injured: This past Wednesday night at a live WWE event, Paige suffered a kick to the back by Sasha Banks which caused the match to be stopped and Paige in need of assistance. According to fans in attendance, initially, a stretcher was brought out, but Paige was able to walk to the back with the help of the doctors.
- Go To Sleep Banned: It was announced this week that after Hideo Itami accidentally injured Brian Kendrick delivering the Go To Sleep, Vince McMahon officially has banned the move from being used.
- Possible Fastlane Main Event Spoiler: The Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio has recently announced a Fatal Five Way Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the Smackdown Live pay per view WWE Fastlane on March 11th. WWE have not confirmed this match to be true at the moment, but if it pans out to be true then it'll be WWE World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles defending his championship in the Fatal Five Way Match against Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.
** 205 Live Recap **
- Jack Gallagher vs. Hideo Itami: The first match of the night saw Gallagher looking to get revenge on Itami after Itami injured Brian Kendrick on Monday Night RAW. Itami locks in a submission on Gallagher and makes him tap out to get the victory.
- Tony Nese vs. Akira Tozawa: Earlier in the night Nese stated that he wanted to take out everyone in the Zo Train, but understands that Enzo Amore is the star of 205 Live and Nese has learned his place. Tozawa mocked Nese for that decision and ended up getting slapped in the face by Nese. The match closes out with Nese hitting the running knees on Tozawa and scoring the pinfall.
- Ariya Daivari and Drew Gulak vs. Cedric Alexander and Mustafa Ali: Earlier in the night, Cedric tries to talk sense into Gulak that Enzo Amore is just using him. The match closes out with Ali hitting the 054 Splash on Daivari and scoring the pinfall.
*** NXT ***
- Johnny Gargano New #1 Contender: This past week on NXT TV, Johnny Gargano officially became the new #1 Contender to the NXT World Championship, after defeated Aleister Black, Lars Sullivan and Killian Dain in a Fatal Four Way Match.
- NXT Takeover Philadelphia: With Johnny Gargano winning the Fatal Four Way Match, the official main event at NXT Takeover Philadelphia will be Andrade "Cien" Almas defending the NXT World Championship against Johnny Gargano. NXT Takeover Philadelphia will take place the night before WWE Royal Rumble.
- Shayna Bazsler Debuts: This past week on NXT TV, Shayna Bazsler made her official NXT debut, by attacking and choking out Kairi Sane.
- WWE Adds A 5th NXT Yearly Pay Per View: WWE announced this week that NXT will get a 5th yearly Takeover Pay Per View, starting this year. WWE will be including WWE Money In The Bank as their 5th main pay per view that will include all of RAW and Smackdown Live stars. NXT will get their pay per view the Saturday before Money In The Bank.
*** Impact Wrestling ***
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
- Katsuya Kitamura 10
- Hirai Kawato 8
- Tomoyuki Oka 6
- Shota Umino 4
- Ren Narita 1
- Tetsuhiro Yagi 1
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!