Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Indians @ Angels (STO, 7 PM)
Rays @ Red Sox (ESPN, 7 PM)
Mavericks @ Spurs, Game 5, tied 2-2 (TNT, 7 PM)
Nets @ Raptors, Game 5, tied 2-2 (NBA TV, 7:30 PM)
Trail Blazers @ Rockets, Game 5, Trail Blazers lead 3-1 (TNT 9:30 PM)
Flyers @ Rangers, Game 7, tied 3-3 (NBC Sports, 7 PM)
Wild @ Avalanche, Game 7, tied 3-3 (CNBC, 9:30 PM)
Kings @ Sharks, Game 7, tied 3-3 (NBC Sports, 10 PM)
Arrow (The CW, 8 PM)
Revolution (NBC, 8 PM)
American Idol (FOX, 8 PM)
Modern Family (ABC, 9 PM)
Mixology (ABC, 9:30 PM)
Legit (FXX, 10 PM)
Nashville (ABC, 10 PM)
The Americans (FX, 10PM)
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Mariners @ Yankees (MLB Network, 7 PM)
Indians @ Angels (STO, 10 PM)
Wizards @ Bulls, Game 5, Wizards lead 3-1 (TNT, 8 PM)
Grizzlies @ Thunder, Game 5, tied 2-2 (NBA TV, 9 PM)
Warriors @ Clippers, Game 5, tied 2-2 (TNT, 10:30 PM)
Rangers @ Flyers, Game 6, Rangers lead 3-2 (NBC Sports, 7:30 PM)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 8 PM)
The Voice (NBC, 8 PM)
Glee (FOX, 8 PM)
The Originals (CW, 8 PM)
Faking It, Series Premiere (MTV, 9 PM)
Fargo (FX, 10 PM)
Chicago Fire (NBC, 10 PM)
What's up gang?! Welcome back to another edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. It's RAW Review Tuesday and what a RAW it was last night. Last night's RAW was the WWE Extreme Rules "go-home" edition and it took place in St. Louis, Missouri, "The Viper" Randy Orton's hometown. Let's get things started, shall we?!
Highlights of RAW:
- Daniel Bryan returned this week in a neck brace after his brutal attack from Kane last Monday. Stephanie McMahon publicly apologizes to Bryan after his vicious attack from Kane last Monday. Bryan says Steph is full of crap and that she's a liar. Steph gives Bryan's wife Brie Bella a WWE Divas Title Match trying to buy forgiveness. The match ends in a no-contest as Kane pops up through the ring, tries to grab Brie and drag her under. Bryan hits Kane with a monkey wrench however Kane gets back up and choke slams Bryan. The segment ends with WWE officials helping Bryan as Brie escapes another Kane attempted kidnapping and joins her husband. #devilsfavoritedemon #yesmovement
- The finals of the #1 Contender to the WWE Intercontinental Title took place with RVD facing Bad News Barrett. Barrett advanced to Extreme Rules to face Big E. for the IC Title after RVD was distracted by Cesaro who came to the ring to fight with Jack Swagger who also came out. RVD, Cesaro and Swagger all brawled with each other after the match.
- John Cena stands inside a steel cage and asks the WWE Universe why they voted a 3 on 1 Handicap Match last week and why do they side with Bray Wyatt after everything Cena has done for the WWE Universe. The fans rained down boos and "You Suck" chants. Cena is interrupted by a choir of kids surrounding the ring with sheep masks on and The Wyatt Family singing "Whole World In His Hands" Bray Wyatt rocks in his chair and laughs hysterically to close out the segment. Very creepy segment.
- The Usos defended the WWE Tag Team Titles against Curtis Axel and Ryback. Jey Uso hurts his leg diving over the top rope early in the match but fought through the pain.
- Hugh Jackman......yes actor Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman appeared to sell his new X-Men movie in a segment with Dolph Ziggler and Damien Sandow who was dressed as Magneto. Filler comedy skit.
- Adam Rose debuts next week.
- Ric Flair returned making Evolution a whole four again. Flair however turned his back on Evolution and let it be known he'd be supporting The Shield. Roman Reigns battled Randy Orton in the main event. The match ends in a no-contest as a brawl between the two factions breaks out. Evolution gains the upper hand and viciously attacks The Shield. The Shield fight back and chase Evolution from the ring to close the show.
Quick Match Results:
- WWE Tag Team Titles: The Usos (c) def. Curtis Axel and Ryback by pin to retain the tag team titles.
- Sheamus def. Titus O'Neil by pin.
- Cesaro def. Jack Swagger by pin.
- Alberto Del Rio def. Cody Rhodes by submission.
- Alexander Rusev def. Xavier Woods by DQ.
- 3MB def. Los Matadores by pin.
- WWE Divas Title: Paige (c) vs Brie Bella went to a no-contest.
- IC Title #1 Contender Finals: Bad News Barrett def. RVD by pin.
- Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton went to a no-contest.
WWE News and Rumors:
- Sources are saying that the USA Network is looking to keep WWE on board for RAW programming regardless of what other networks offer them. A recent Ad Age article stated that the WWE have profited over $1 billion dollars in the past two years for the USA Network. My only gripe is, push more talent in the 3 hour time slot or go back to 2 hours please.
- The hottest free agent in wrestling, CM Punk, was spotted last week at a Chicago Blackhawks playoff game with his real life girlfriend AJ Lee. Still unknown if Punk will ever return to the wrestling scene or if he's officially retired.
- Dean Ambrose is now the longest reigning WWE United States Champion under the WWE banner, clocking in at 344 days, as of April 28th. He'll actually defend that title for once (which he doesn't do often if ever) this Friday on Smackdown in a 3 on 1 Handicap Match.
- WWE has signed Leyvonna Zakari, an actress and model from California to a developmental deal with the company. She reported this week to the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. I've always hated this idea of WWE hiring non-experienced women wrestlers. 75% of them end up becoming horrible wrestlers, just my opinion.
And that's a wrap! I'll return with more WWE News and Rumors Saturday as I review WWE Smackdown. Until then tap or snap.
Monday, April 28, 2014
A's @ Rangers (ESPN, 8 PM)
Indians @ Angels (STO, 10 PM)
Heat @ Bobcats, Game 4, Heat lead 3-0 (TNT, 7 PM)
Hawks @ Pacers, Game 5, tied 2-2 (NBA TV, 8 PM)
Spurs @ Mavericks, Game 4, Mavs lead 2-1 (TNT, 9:30 PM)
Penguins @ Blue Jackets, Game 6, Penguins lead 3-2 (Fox Sports Ohio/NBC Sports, 7 PM)
Avalanche @ Wild, Game 6, Avalanche lead 3-2 (CNBC, 9 PM)
Sharks @ Kings, Game 6, Sharks lead 3-2 (NBC Sports, 10 PM)
WWE Raw (USA, 8 PM)
The Voice (NBC, 8 PM)
Dancing With The Stars (ABC, 8 PM)
The Following (FOX, 9 PM)
The Boondocks (Cartoon Network, 10:30 pm)
Welcome everyone to a pay per view only special edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon.
Last night TNA held their 9th Annual Sacrifice pay per view, live at The Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. Newly crowned TNA World Champion "EY" Eric Young defended his title in the main event against former champion, Magnus. We saw the return of Kurt Angle in tag team action, teaming with Jeff Hardy's alter ego, Willow. Current and former Beautiful People members met with the TNA Knockouts Title on the line. All that and many other highlights. So lets get down to business and get this review started, shall we?!
- "Handicap Match" for the TNA Tag Team Titles: DJ Z and The Bro Mans (c) vs The Wolves. Before the match begins it's announced that MVP has made this match a "No DQ Match". This new stipulation almost costs The Wolves early as DJ Z uses laptops on The Wolves giving the Bro Mans the advantage. The match closes out with The Wolves hitting double running foot stomps and scoring the pinfall.
WINNERS: New TNA Tag Team Champions, The Wolves.
- "Committed Match": Mr. Anderson vs Samuel Shaw. Shaw does his best to avoid Anderson as the bell sounded. Shaw spends a lot of time being distracted by Christy Hemme and gives chase to her after choking Anderson out with his trademark choke hold. Anderson comes to and the brawl with Shaw goes all over the arena and out to the backstage area where the padded van is parked. The match closes out with Hemme low blowing Shaw and Anderson "Mic Checking" Shaw into the van for the victory.
WINNER: Mr. Anderson
- Kurt Angle and Willow vs ECIII and Rockstar Spud. Typical tag match, nothing special. ECIII tried to avoid Angle through most of the beginning. Willow and Angle hit a "Twist of Fate" "Angle Slam" "Swanton Bomb" trifecta to close out the match for the pin.
WINNERS: Angle and Willow
- TNA X-Division Title: Sanada (c) vs Tigre Uno. Good X-Division bout in match 3 of 3 between Sanada and Uno with the series tied at 1. Sanada hits his trademark moonsault for the pin to close out the match.
WINNER: Still TNA X-Division Champion, Sanada
- "I Quit Match": Gunner vs James Storm. Very intense hardcore match with a nice supply of weapons. Kendo sticks, ring steps, trash cans, trash can lids, chairs, stop signs. Storm at one point busted Gunner wide open after connecting with his beer bottle to the head. The match ends with Gunner superplexing Storm onto a guardrail set up on top of two chairs then rakes a piece of glass from the broken beer bottle across Storm's forehead until Storm announces that he quits.
- TNA Knockouts Title: Madison Rayne (c) vs. Angelina Love. Typical women's wrestling match between the former and current Beautiful People members. Rayne has Love pinned however Velvet Sky distracts the referee. As Rayne tries to get the referees attention back into the match, Rayne gets sprayed in the eyes by Sky allowing Love to grab the roll up pinfall.
WINNER: New TNA Knockouts Champion, Angelina Love
- "Tables Match": Bully Ray vs. Bobby Roode. Decent brawl and like any other table match, Ray and Roode set them up but fail to put each other through them. Ray puts Roode through a table for what should have been the victory however the referee was knocked out. Ray climbed to the top rope and attempted to put Roode through another table. A fan jumped onto the apron dressed in a hat and beard disguise and pushes Ray off the top rope and crashing through the tables set up on the floor. The referee sees Ray fall through the tables, calls the match and announces Roode the winner. The desguised fan revealed themselves to be Dixie Carter. Carter smiles at a broken Bully Ray and tells him to never double cross her ever again.
WINNER: Bobby Roode
- TNA World Title: Eric Young (c) vs Magnus. Young showed off his never give up attitude against the powerful Magnus. Young even though he was the champ he was clearly the underdog in the match. Young proved all the doubters wrong as he hit Magnus with the second of two piledrivers then dropped an elbow "ala Macho Man" from the top rope on Magnus to score the pin and retain the title.
WINNER: Still TNA World Champion, Eric Young
And that closes out the 9th Annual Sacrifice PPV. I'll be back Friday afternoon with more TNA News and TNA Impact results. Until then tap or snap.
-The Chicago Bulls were in Washington taking on the Wizards. This game was about making runs and turnovers. The Wizards started the game with a 14-0 run and at a point were up 20-4. Even without their center Nene, Washington was too strong for the Bulls winning 98-89 giving them a 3-1 series advantage. Trevor Ariza was a problem for Chicago ending the game with 30 points. John Wall added 15 points and 10 assists. Chicago's Taj Gibson was their only bright spot in scoring, with 32 points. Joakim Noah had a double-double, scoring 10 points with 15 boards. Game 5 is in Chicago on Tuesday as Washington tries to win their first playoff series since 2005.
-The LA Clippers wore their shooting shirts inside out and black arm bands, sleeves and socks in protest of the disturbing racial comments made by owner Donald Sterling. Unfortunately for the Clippers, it didn't motivate them to a win. The Warriors dominated the Clippers winning 118-97. Steph Curry had a game high of 33 points and 7 rebounds. He also added on 7 assists while shooting 7-14 from beyond the arc. Andre Iguodala had 22 points and a game high of 9 assists. For the Clippers, Jamal Crawford had 26 points coming off the bench. Blake Griffin contributed with 21 points and 6 rebounds. Golden State ties the series 2-2. Game 5 is in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Owner Donald Silver will NOT be in attendance.
-Toronto Raptors defeated the Brooklyn Nets 87-79 and tied the series 2-2. The Raptors were led in scoring by Demar DeRozan with 24 points, Kyle Lowery had 22 points. Guard play was too much for Brooklyn to handle last night. Paul Peirce was the Nets only glimmer of hope scoring 22 points.
-In another overtime game in these 2014 NBA Playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers held off the Houston Rockets 123-120. It was another very exciting, fast paced game that included what seemed to be a jump shooting contest between Nicholas Batum and James Harden. The Portland starters lit up the baskets. LaMarcus Aldridge led with 29 points and 10 rebounds. Batum had 25, while Damian Lillard and Wesley Matthews had 23 and 21 points, respectively. The Rockets also had four players in double digits, with Dwight Howard leading the charge with 25 and 14 boards. James Harden had 28, Chandler Parsons had 26 and rookie 3-point hot hand, Troy Daniels knocked down 17 points of his own. But in the end of overtime, it was Wesley Matthews who sealed the game with a steal of the ball off James Harden as the buzzer sounded. Portland leads 3-1 and can close out the series Wednesday in Houston.
-The brooms were out in San Francisco, as the Giants swept the Tribe with a 4-1 victory on Sunday. With the score tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 9th, Brandon Hicks hit a 3 run walk-off home run for the Giants. The Indians only scored 5 runs in 3 games. The Indians hit 2-20 with runners in scoring position with a .167 batting average for the series. The Tribe's next game will be tonight at 10 PM, as they take on the Angels in Anaheim.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Angels @ Yankees (ESPN, 8 PM)
Raptors @ Nets, Game 4, Nets lead 2-1 (TNT, 7 PM)
Rockets @ Trail Blazers, Game 4, Trail Blazers lead 2-1 (TNT, 9:30 PM)
Game of Thrones (HBO, 9 PM)
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (FOX, 9 PM)
Jim Gaffigan: Obsessed (Comedy Central, 10 PM)
Salem (WGN, 10 PM)
Mad Men (AMC, 10 PM)
Silicon Valley (HBO, 10 PM)
Veep (HBO, 10:30 PM)
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver, Series Premiere (HBO, 11 PM)
-The Giants were just to big for the Indians. With a 3-0 lead headed into the 5th inning, San Francisco's bats became GIANTS literally. They scored four runs on four hits to go up 4-3. Michael Morse singled to start the rally. Brandon Crawford singled to right, then Brandon Hicks loaded the bases. Pinch hitter Gregor Blanco hit a single to make the score 3-1. Later, Hunter Pence hit a two run double to take the lead 4-3. Buster Posey came up in the sixth inning and hit a solo shot off of CC Lee. Tribe pitcher Zack McAllister started off strong, putting out 12 of his first 13 batters he saw. McAllister went 5 innings with 5 hits and 4 earned runs. On a bright note, he did strikeout 6. Cleveland and San Francisco finish the series tomorrow with Ryan Vogelsong (0-1 7.71 era) facing Cleveland's Danny Salazar(0-3 7.85 era). If Salazar doesn't have a quality start his next game, I expect him to be demoted to AAA.
-Vinsanity is back! Vince Carter hit a crazy 3 at the buzzer to get the victory for his Mavs against the Spurs. Dallas takes a 2-1 lead after a 109-108 victory at home. Dallas guard Monta Ellis tied his playoff career high with 29 points with a clutch 12 in the fourth quarter. Tim Duncan had a team high of 22 points for the Spurs. Game 4 is Monday in Dallas at 9:30.
-The Indiana Pacers tied the series 2-2 with a 91-88 win over the Hawks. Paul George had a double-double, scoring 24 points to go along with his 10 rebounds. Paul Milsap went 3-6 from 3 point range and had 29 points, a playoff career high for Atlanta. Kyle Korver scored 15 points for the Hawks including 9 boards. This game shouldn't have been as close as it was. Atlanta shot a measly 35 percent versus Indiana. The Pacers will meet the Hawks again on Monday in Atlanta.
-Lebron James and the Heat took an overpowering 3-0 series lead with their 98-85 win over Charlotte. King James had team highs of 30 points with 10 rebounds. Dwyane Wade had a respectable 17 points for the Heat. Al Jefferson had the hot hand in the first quarter scoring 15 points, but only finished with 20 for the game. The "whiteout" by Charlotte's fans didn't do enough as it was more of a cry of "We Surrender". Miami looks to close out this series on Monday in Charlotte.
-Behind the strength of Reggie Jackson, not Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook, BUT Reggie Jackson, the Oklahoma City Thunder held off the Memphis Grizzlies, 92-89 in overtime. It was the third straight overtime in this series. Jackson lead with 29 points, while Durant and Westbrook struggled but chipped in 15 points apiece. Marc Gasol led the Grizzlies with 23 points and 11 rebounds. With the series tied, it now heads back to OKC Tuesday night for Game 5.
-At UFC 172, Jon "Bones" Jones defended his UFC light heavyweight title successfully for the 7th straight time, defeating Glover Teixera by decision after 5 rounds.
-The Columbus Blue Jackets fell 3-1 to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Pittsburgh takes a 3-2 series lead as the series heads back to Columbus on Monday. Game time is 7 PM.
-Sometime today I will drop a special piece about Bernie Kosar being taken off doing the Browns pre-season games.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Three words........HOUNDS OF JUSTICE!
Welcome to another edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. I will be reviewing WWE Smackdown and let me tell you it was quite a show. The Shield owned the whole show as they just delivered their brand of justice on the whole Smackdown roster, sending a serious message to their Extreme Rules opponents, Evolution.
Highlights of the show:
- The Shield!! Guess you could call this episode of Smackdown: The Shield Edition. At the beginning of the show it was announced that The Shield would be placed in an 11 on 3 main event match later in the evening, The Shield had other plans however. Kicking their night of justice off, The Shield attacked Jack Swagger in the ring and triple powerbombed the self proclaimed "All American". Later in the evening The Shield dismantled all three members of 3MB backstage, leaving the band broken. RAW GM Brad Maddox was the next one on the list as The Shield attacked Maddox in his office. Fandango probably suffered the worst of the attacks as The Shield jumped him, dragged him on the stage then proceeded to powerbomb him off the stage and through tables set up down below. The Shield then went on to close out the night by destroying Ryback, Alberto Del Rio, Titus O' Neil and Damien Sandow in the main event. Bad News Barrett was the only superstar of the 11 to escape unharmed. #believeintheshield #houndsofjustice
- More Wyatt Family mind games on John Cena as Bray Wyatt lowered a steel cage from the rafters and spoke what he felt was the truth and told what he felt were the lies that John Cena spoke of to the WWE Universe. Another sing along to "Whole World In His Hands" while sitting on the cage closed out the segment. #followthebuzzards
- Rhodes Family Feud? Twice this week Cody and Goldust have cost each other tag matches. There could be a turn coming soon I'm thinking. I know Goldust hinted at wanting a storyline with his brother for the past few years. WWE may be finally green lighting the idea.
- A debate over Cesaro's allegiance with Paul Heyman was held. A Zeb Colter and Paul Heyman argument over stealing Cesaro from Colter broke out. On a side note, Cesaro is one of my favorite wrestlers at the moment, I'm hoping they don't drop the ball with this "Heyman Guy" storyline.
- Cesaro def. Jack Swagger by pin
- Tamina Snuka def. Natalya by pin
- Curtis Axel def. Jey Uso by pin
- Luke Harper and Erick Rowan def. Goldust and Cody Rhodes by pin
- Santino Marella and Emma vs Fandango and Layla went to a no contest
- The Shield won their handicap match by pin, destroying all who were left of their original 11 opponents.
WWE News and Rumors:
- War Games returning? Inside sources have stated that WWE have been kicking around the idea of an Evolution vs The Shield "War Games Match" to take place at WWE Battleground. The idea for WarGames has come up many times in the past before so I'll believe it when I see it.
- NXT stars Bo Dallas and Sami Zayn worked dark matches this week, testing the crowd reaction before the jump to the main roster.
- WWE Divas Champion Paige has been stripped of her NXT Women's Championship due to making the full time roster jump to RAW. Paige defeated AJ Lee three weeks ago to win the WWE Divas Title.
- Sources are saying that Ric Flair will be making his return to TV this Monday on RAW. More then likely being involved with the Evolution/Shield storyline. Ric Flair served as a manager/wrestler in Evolution in the past.
- NXT has announced their next pay per view special. Thursday May 29th, NXT Takeover will air on the WWE Network at 8:00pm. After WWE had huge success with NXT ArRivaL in February, WWE is hoping to score big with NXT's second pay per view. Two matches have been confirmed so far:
- NXT World Title: Adrian Neville (c) vs Tyson Kidd
- NXT Women's Title: Charlotte Flair vs Natalya. Winner will be crowned new women's champion.
- #1 Contenders Match: Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze is also being rumored for the ppv but not made official yet.
That is all for this edition, I'll be back with more WWE News Tuesday with the RAW review. Until then tap or snap.
Friday, April 25, 2014
This edition I'll be reviewing TNA Impact and all TNA News going on within the company. Also be sure to check out TNA Sacrifice this Sunday, April 27th live on pay per view.
Highlights of the show:
- Magnus fires Abyss for not helping him retain his title against EY two weeks ago. Abyss says he's returning to the monster that destroys lives and he's starting with Magnus. MVP interrupts and reminds Abyss he's not under contract with TNA but will offer him his spot back if he can beat Magnus in a match in the main event.
- Madison Rayne continued her feud with her former Beautiful People sisters, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky. Love and Sky went old school as they beat down Rayne then placed the paper bag for ugly people over Rayne's head. Gail Kim made the save to set up the tag match for the evening.
- Kurt Angle wrestled his first match back, after returning last week. Ethan Carter III attacks Angle after the match and Jeff "Willow" Hardy makes the save.
- Roode and Storm teamed up in a Beer Money reunion.
- MVP and Austin Aries face off after Aries demanded more air time last week.
- Mr. Anderson visits Samuel Shaws home where a brawl between the two breaks out.
Quick Match Results:
- Kurt Angle def. Rockstar Spud by submission
- Bobby Lashley def. Kenny King by countout
- MVP def. Austin Aries by pin
- Beer Money def. Bully Ray and Gunner by pin.
- The Beautiful People def. Madison Rayne and Gail Kim by pin
- Abyss def. Magnus by DQ
This Sunday's Sacrifice Card:
- TNA World Title Match: Eric Young (c) vs Magnus
- TNA Knockouts Title Match: Madison Rayne (c) vs. Angelina Love.
- TNA X-Division Match: Senada vs. Tigre Uno. Match 3 in best of 3 series.
- Tables Match - Bully Ray vs. Bobby Roode
- Committed Match - Samuel Shaw vs. Mr. Anderson.
- I Quit Match - Gunner vs. James Storm
I will be posting all the TNA Sacrifice results on a special Monday edition of Wrestling Lockup, so be sure to check that out!
TNA News and Rumors:
- Chris Sabin's contract with TNA officially expires in a few short weeks. Sabin has made it unknown if he is resigning.
- Christopher Daniels has officially left TNA as his contract is expired. Daniels made it official by announcing his free agency on his Twitter page.
- TNA officially announced they have signed a new contract with United Talent Agency which will deal with their tv shows. United Talent Agency is a premier global talent and literary agency representing many of the world's most widely-known figures in every current and emerging area of entertainment, including motion pictures, television, digital media, video games, books, music, theatre and live entertainment.
And that's a wrap. Again check out my special Monday edition as I will review TNA Sacrifice. Until next time, tap or snap!
-Former Ohio State Buckeyes cornerback Bradley Roby was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with OVI. Roby was reportedly found passed out in a parking lot behind the wheel in Columbus. It was has not been disclosed if the keys were in the ignition. When approached and questioned by Columbus police, Roby was cooperative and submitted to a field sobriety test. His BAC was recorded at .008 which is considered to be intoxicated in the state of Ohio. After being booked by Columbus Police, Roby was released on a personal bond. He is due in court today and most likely will plead not guilty, until his lawyer can get additional facts concerning his arrest. Bradley Roby is expected to be a first round draft pick in this years NFL draft. So the bigger question should be will his stock go down after this latest incident? Please note Roby was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assult in Indiana last July. Urban Meyer suspended Roby for one game last season. Those assault charges were later reduced in a plea bargain to disorderly conduct.
-Call him "Complete" Corey Kluber! Kluber improves his record to 2-2 and led the Indians to a 5-1 win over the Kansas City Royals yesterday afternoon. Kluber had a complete game while recording 11 strikeouts, 0 walks, while only throwing 101 pitches. Carlos Santana got his bat going in the 5th inning, hitting a double. Michael Brantley followed up with with a single, scoring Santana. Royals pitcher Bruce Chen walked Ryan Raburn, then Yan Gomes singled to load the bases. David Murphy comes up and hit a single of his own scoring Brantley and Raburn. Asdrubal Cabrera smacked a double to left. The Tribe won the series against Kansas City winning 3 out of 4. And return to .500 evening their record to 11-11. They will travel to San Francisco to open against the Giants. The series starts today with game time being 10:05pm.
-The Atlanta Hawks defeated the Indiana Pacers 98-85. Jeff Teague led all scorers with 22 points. Kyle Korver added 21 points for the Hawks. Lance Stephenson led Indiana in scoring with 21 points. Atlanta holds off the top seeded Pacers to seize a 2-1 advantage in the series. Game 4 will be Saturday at 2 PM in Atlanta.
-The Oklahoma City Thunder fell to the Memphis Grizzlies, to take a 2-1 series lead. Despite Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook's efforts (both had 30 point games), it just wasn't enough. Game 4 will be Saturday at 9:30 PM in Memphis.
-The LA Clippers held on to win against the Golden State Warriors 98-96, after a controversial no foul call in the final possession for the Warriors. Blake Griffin had 32 points, while his teammate DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds. High scorer for the Warriors was Klay Thompson with 26, while Steph Curry poured in 16 points and 15 assists.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Pacers @ Hawks, Game 3, Tied 1-1 (NBA TV, 7 PM)
Thunder @ Grizzlies, Game 3, Tied 1-1 (TNT, 8 PM)
Clippers @ Warriors, Game 3, Tied 1-1 (TNT 10:30 PM)
Bruins @ Red Wings, Game 4, Bruins lead 2-1 (NBC Sports, 8 PM)
Avalanche @ Wild, Game 4, Avalanche lead 2-1 (CNBC, 9:30 PM)
Sharks @ Kings, Game 4, Sharks lead 3-0 (NBC Sports, 10:30 PM)
Parks And Recreation, Season 6 Finale (NBC, 8 PM)
Hell's Kitchen (FOX, 8 PM)
TNA iMPACT Wrestling (SPIKE, 9 PM)
American Idol (FOX, 9 PM)
Saturday Night Live: SNL Shorts (NBC, 9 PM
Bad Teacher, Series Premiere (CBS, 9:30 PM)
The Challenge: Free Agents (MTV, 10 PM)
Black Box (ABC, 10 PM)
-The Browns 2014 schedule was released yesterday and it's possible they can start 0-3 before the Week 4 Bye Week. Cleveland will open the season in Pittsburgh, before coming home to host the New Orleans Saints and Baltimore Ravens. It's interesting to note that The Browns will play the Steelers again in Week 6 to complete the season series. They will face their in-state rival Cincinnati Bengals Week 10 and again Week 15. The Browns will end the season at Baltimore Week 17. For the complete schedule, click here.
-In other Browns news, Bernie Kosar has been ousted by WKYC and will not be doing the color commentary in the preseason. He has been replaced by what seems like a Cleveland staple in Solomon Wilcots. For all of the Kosar lovers, don't be afraid he will still be around. He is in discussions with clevelandbrowns.com and Cleveland Browns Daily for potential new segments.
The Browns have one primetime game on November 6th (@Bengals) with a later game in the season which can't be flexed into a Sunday Night Game.
-Johnny Manziel arrives in Cleveland yesterday. The Browns cannot work him out but expect a lot of white board work and film sessions.
-The April 15th Indians game that was postponed against Detroit due to weather has been rescheduled for a day-night doubleheader on July 19th in Cleveland.
-The Tribe finally broke their losing streak, defeating the Kansas City Royals at Progressive Field. The Royals scored first in the top of the 2nd when Salvador Perez hit a solo shot off of Justin Masterson. Royals led 1-0 when Mike Moustakas hit a solo shot to right field with back-to-back jacks for Kansas City, making it 2-0. Bottom of the 2nd inning, Michael Bourn hit a 2 out 2 run triple, scoring Mike Aviles and Asdrubal Cabrera, tying the score at 2. Let's fast forward to the 6th inning. Mike Moustakas hit a single to right, scoring Mike Hosmer. Jason Kipnis was credited with a error, turning the run into a unearned run which does not go against Masterson. K.C. went up 3-2. At the bottom half of the session, Michael Bourn stole second and due to 2 errors by K.C., the Tribe scored a run and tied the game. Bottom of the 7th inning, Jason Kipnis hits a 2 out double scoring Nick Swisher from 1st base. Tribe leads 4-3 going into the bottom of the 8th, when with the bases loaded, Lonnie Chisnenhall hit a 1 out blooper over 3rd baseman Mike Moustakas head to score David Murphy from 3rd making it 5-3 Tribe! John Axford came in at the top of the 9th to get his 8th save of the season and relief pitcher Brian Shaw gets his 1st win on the season. Michael Bourn went 3-5 with 3 RBIs. The Indians improve their record to 10-11 and finish the series with Kansas City today at 12:05pm. Pitching matchups are Corey Kluber vs Bruce Chen.
-The Miami Heat defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 101-97. Lebron James led all scorers with 32 points and also added 8 assists. The Heat go up 2-0 as the series resumes in Charlotte on Saturday.
-LaMarcus Aldridge was unstoppable again, pouring in 43 points and 8 rebounds as the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Houston Rockets 112-105. Portland leads the series 2-0, going home to The Rose Garden in Portland on Friday.
-The Dallas Mavericks tied their series with the San Antonio Spurs 1-1 winning 113-92. Monta Ellis had 21 points for the Mavs. Manu Ginobili scored 27 off the bench for the Spurs in the loss.
-The Columbus Blue Jackets came back to defeat the Pittsburgh Penguins in Stanley Cup playoff action, 4-3 in overtime. Series tied at 2.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Royals @ Indians (STO, 7 PM)
Yankees @ Red Sox (ESPN, 7 PM)
Bobcats @ Heat, Game 2, Heat lead 1-0 (TNT, 7 PM)
Mavericks @ Spurs, Game 2, Spurs lead 1-0 (NBA TV, 8 PM)
Trail Blazers @ Rockets, Game 2, Trail Blazers lead 1-0 (TNT, 9:30 PM)
Penguins @ Blue Jackets, Game 4, Penguins lead 2-1 (NBC Sports, 7 PM)
Ducks @ Stars, Game 4, Ducks lead 2-1 (CNBC, 8 PM)
Blues @ Blackhawks, Game 4, Blues lead 2-1 (NBC Sports, 9:30 PM)
Sportscenter Special: On The Clock (ESPN2, 8 PM)
2014 Draft Acadamy (ESPN 2, 9 PM)
Arrow (The CW, 8 PM)
American Idol (FOX, 8 PM)
Modern Family (ABC, 9 PM)
Nashville (ABC, 10 PM)
Legit (FXX, 10 PM)
The Americans (FX, 10PM)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Royals @ Indians (STO, 7 PM)
Yankees @ Red Sox (MLB Network, 7 PM)
Hawks @ Pacers, Game 2, Hawks lead 1-0 (TNT, 7 PM)
Nets @ Raptors, Game 2, Nets lead 1-0 (NBA TV, 7:30 PM)
Wizards @ Bulls, Game 2, Wizards lead 1-0 (TNT, 9:30 PM)
Lightning @ Canadiens, Game 4, Canadiens lead 3-0 (NHL, 7 PM)
Bruins @ Red Wings, Game 3, Tied 1-1 (NBC Sports, 7:30 PM)
Rangers @ Flyers, Game 3, Tied 1-1 (CNBC, 8 PM)
Sharks @Kings, Game 3, Sharks lead 2-0 (NBC Sports, 10 PM)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 8 PM)
The Voice (NBC, 8 PM)
Glee (FOX, 8 PM)
Fargo (FX, 10 PM)
Future replacement, Stephen Colbert is on Late Show with Letterman (CBS, 11:30 PM)
Welcome everyone to another edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon.
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter on Sunday. Me personally? I had a great Easter however, I would prefer not to see another piece of chocolate for the next month please! Let's get down to business shall we? This edition I'll be bringing you the RAW review from Monday's show this week. A lot of storyline buildup this week as we move closer to WWE Extreme Rules live on Sunday May 4th.
Important highlights of the show:
- Daniel Bryan returned from his honeymoon with Brie Bella only to be visciously attacked by Kane. Kane tombstoned Bryan three times, once on the floor, once on the ring steps and once more on the announcers table. Stephanie McMahon announced Daniel Bryan vs Kane at Extreme Rules for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship with a smile on her face as Bryan was taken out on a stretcher.
- The tournament to crown a number one contender to Big E's Intercontinental Championship continued as Bad News Barrett faced Sheamus and RVD faced Cesaro in the semi-finals. Barrett picked up the win on Sheamus by pin with the "bull hammer" and RVD picked up the win by countout on Cesaro after Jack Swagger got involved. Swagger and Cesaro fought each other after the match, possibly setting them up for a match at Extreme Rules. The finals will be RVD vs Bad News Barrett next week on RAW.
- The Shield's feud with Evolution heated up as both teams had a face to face in the ring over who was the most dominant faction in the WWE. Evolution seemed very confident for their match with The Shield at Extreme Rules. The Shield predicted that Triple H would do what's best for the WWE and didn't really care what happens to Evolution.
- Bray Wyatt continued to play mind games with John Cena by again accusing Cena of being a liar to the WWE Universe and Wyatt was taking his fans one by one each week as his own "followers". Cena faced off with The Wyatts in a handicap match in the main event. The match ended in a no contest after The Wyatts 3 on 1 attacked Cena. Bray hit "Sister Abigail" on Cena and sang "He's got the whole world in his hands" with the WWE Universe to close out RAW.
Quick Match Results:
- Barrett def. Sheamus by pin
- Los Matadores def. 3MB by pin
- The Usos def. The Rhodes Brothers by pin
- Emma def. Layla by pin
- RVD def. Cesaro by countout
- Paige def. Aksana by submission
- Rusev def. Sin Cara by submission
- Handicap Match: Cena vs The Wyatts went to a no contest
- On a final note this edition, be sure to check out "Warrior Week" on WWE Network. "Warrior Week" is a very well put together four part series on the life of The Ultimate Warrior. You'll witness Warrior coming up in the business, some of Warrior's best matches and Warrior's final days in the company before his passing. A WWE camera crew was on hand and followed Warrior around during Wrestlemania Weekend, which you can catch in part three. Very emotional when you look at his view on life in his final days, almost as if he knew his time on earth was almost up. R.I.P Warrior.
Until next time, tap or snap.
Monday, April 21, 2014
Royals @ Indians (STO, 7 pm)
Reds @ Pirates (ESPN, 7 pm)
Thunder @ Grizzlies, Game 2 (TNT, 8 pm)
Warriors @ Clippers, Game 2 (TNT, 10:30 pm)
Penguins @ Blue Jackets (Fox Sports Ohio/NBC Sports, 7 pm)
Avalanche @ Wild (NHL Network, 7 pm)
Blues @ Blackhawks (CNBC, 8: 30 pm)
Ducks @ Stars (NBC Sports, 9:30 pm)
The Voice (NBC, 8 pm)
Dancing With The Stars (ABC, 8 pm)
The Following (FOX, 9 pm)
WWE Raw (USA, 8 pm)
Archer, Season 5 Finale (FX, 10 pm)
The Boondocks, Season 4 Premiere (Cartoon Network, 10:30 pm)
Sunday, April 20, 2014
Orioles @ Red Sox (ESPN, 7 pm)
Wizards @ Bulls, Game 1 (TNT, 7 pm)
Trail Blazers @ Rockets Game 1 (TNT, 9:30 pm)
Game of Thrones (HBO, 9 pm)
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (FOX, 9 pm)
Salem (WGN, 10 pm)
Mad Men (AMC, 10 pm)
Silicon Valley (HBO, 10 pm)
Veep (HBO, 10:30 pm)
Happy 4:20 eeeeerrrrr Easter! I'm taking the day off today, but get ready for that hot fiya on Monday! I have the Cavs review in the works, and I'll recap this weekends NBA playoffs, and I have a Johnny "F'n" Football alert too!
Saturday, April 19, 2014
What's up gang?! Welcome to another edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. Today I'm going to share the TNA Impact results and the WWE Smackdown results.
Let's start things off with TNA Impact.
- Street Fight: Madison Rayne def. Velvet Sky.
- TNA Tag Team Titles: The Wolves def. Bro-Mans (c) via DQ (Bro-Mans retain as titles never change on DQ's).
- Handicap Match: Willow def. Rockstar Spud & EC3
- Best of 3 Series Match #2: Tigre Uno def. Sanada to tie the series 1-1.
- Open Invitational Tables Match: Bobby Roode def. Gunner
- TNA World Title Monsters Ball Match: Eric Young (c) def. Abyss to retain the title.
- MVP and Austin Aries had a back stage verbal altercation over Aries not being pushed anymore. MVP challenged Aries to a match next week.
- Kurt Angle returned to make the save for Jeff "Willow" Hardy. Cut a promo saying that he's back.
TNA News: James Storm, Gunner, Rockstar Spud and Robbie E. all accepted contract extentions.
Moving on over to WWE Smackdown.
- Big E defeated Alberto Del Rio by DQ.
- Paige beat Aksana.
- El Torito beat Hornswoggle.
- Alexander Rusev beat R-Truth. Then destroyed Xavier Woods again after the match.
- Santino Marella (w/Emma) defeated Fandango (w/Layla).
- Batista defeated Sheamus.
- Triple H cut a promo to officially announce Evolution vs The Shield at Extreme Rules.
- Paul Heyman cut a promo reminding us that Brock Lesnar is the ONE in Undertaker's 21-1 Wrestlemania record.
WWE News: WWE will be releasing 3 new DVD/Blu Rays soon: The first being a Paul Heyman video, the second being a Sting video and the last being a Brothers of Destruction video.
That wraps up this edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, until next time tap or snap.
-Heeeeeeeere's Johnny! The Browns coaches are officially in Texas and depending on when you are reading this, are working out Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. I wasn't able to confirm at the time of this post if team officials had dinner with him last night or will have lunch with Manziel today after his workout. Don't expect any news to come out of this lunch/dinner meeting as the Browns will wait until Manziel comes to Cleveland next week to really pick his brain.
-The Browns have finally hired their new head physician Dr.James Voos. Dr. Voos is the former team physician of the Kansas City Chiefs, and the final piece of the new partnership between University Hospitals and the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland ended their 40 year partnership with the Cleveland Clinic in January.
-The Indians dropped a tough game against the Blue Jays last night 3-2. Justin Masterson went 6.1 innings giving up 6 hits and getting 9 strikeouts and only 2 earned runs. Masterson left the game tied 2-2 in the 7th inning when he was replaced by Marc Rzepczynski. Rzepczynski gave up the go ahead run after allowing 2 hits. With the Jays up 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th with bases loaded Michael Brantley grounded out to 1st base. Jason Kipnis had the hot bat for the Tribe going 3-4 scoring 1 run. Cleveland had 3 cold bats Yan Gomes 0-4, Carlos Santana 1-4, Michael Bratley 0-5. The Indians left 21 men on base and the Jays left 16. Marc Rzepczynski took the loss for last night. Cleveland will face Toronto again today, with game time at 1:05pm.
-The Columbus Blue Jackets will face the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Pittsburgh leads the series 1-0
-The NBA playoffs begin today! 4 games on tap as the Brooklyn Nets face the Toronto Raptors at 12:30 on ESPN. Followed by the Golden State Warriors facing the Los Angeles Clippers at 3:30pm on ABC. The Hawks of Atlanta will pound it out with The Indiana Pacers at 7pm on ESPN. Tonight's PRIMETIME game of the day will be the Memphis Grizzlies versus the Oklahoma City Bobcats at 9:30 on ESPN.
-I'm still working on the Cavs season review and will get that posted by Monday.
-The team at TripleTreatPodcast would like to wish you all a Happy Easter and we do appreciate your support! Have fun, be safe and TURN UP!
-And my athlete video of the week goes to Nick Young aka Swaggy P (with rapper girlfriend Iggy Azalea), who also channeled his inner "Birdie", played by Tupac Shakur in the 1994 basketball film "Above The Rim". Bruh, if you don't laugh at this you have a problem. Hell, he kind of acts like me coming out the club.
Friday, April 18, 2014
-Jason Kipnis gets tossed and the Indians lost. Cleveland split a weather shortened 2 game series with Detroit, as they drop the latest game 7-5. Tribe pitcher Danny Salazar stays winless, pitching 4.2 innings,giving up 5 earned runs on 6 hits. The Indians were up 3-1 going into the bottom of the 5th when Salazar gave up 4 runs. The Indians had one last surge in the top of the 7th scoring 2 runs, 1 run was credited to Michael Brantley with his homerun. Brantley only went 2-5 but also drove in 4 RBIs. Justin Verlander got the win for Detroit, improving his record to 2-1 for the season. Cleveland heads home to open a 3 game series with the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday. Carlos Carassco (0-2, 7.84 era) is expected to start tonight's game for the Tribe.
-The Cavs came home to clean out their lockers and seemed to be very positive about next season. Dion Waiters and Kyrie Irving expect Mike Brown to return as head coach next year. The Cavs had a good second half of the season and seemed to learn how to play defense. We will review the Cavs season and key free agents soon here on this site.
-36 year old wide receiver Chad "OCHOCINCO" Johnson signed a 2 years contract with the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes. Terms of his salary have not been disclosed. Montreal's general manager Jim Popp says Johnson told him "I just want to play." Johnson was last signed by the Miami Dolphins, but was released in training camp following his domestic violence arrest.
-Duke Blue Devils 6'8" small forward Jabari Parker announced he will declare for the 2014 NBA draft. Parker is expected to be a top 3 pick in the draft. In his lone season at Duke, he averaged 19.1 points and 8.7 rebounds. He also earned first team All-American honors, along with winning the Wayman Tisdale Award which is given to the nations top freshman.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Welcome everyone to another edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. This edition I'm going to be talking about the new upstart company Global Force Wrestling. Now there is not much to go on but from what I've dug up it sounds like its going to be an interesting company. Let's keep an eye on this company and maybe one day they will be that #2 company to give WWE a fight in the ratings.
The mastermind behind Global Force Wrestling is former founder of TNA Wrestling, Jeff Jarrett and his wife Karen. Jeff Jarrett is a third generation wrestler and a multi time TNA and WCW World Champion. Jarrett had a huge part in TNA's success when it first started out as he filled a Triple H type role in the company, performing on TV and running the business off camera.
Just recently Jeff Jarrett and his wife Karen unveiled their latest creation and stated the following about their new brain child, Global Force Wrestling: "Because of new media, new technology and more ‘in-tune’ fans than we’ve ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s. What we’re going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they’ve never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for".
So who is supplying money to help out the Jarrett's in their new adventure? Answer...Toby Keith...yes the same Toby Keith that is on the country music charts yearly with his patriotic and beer drinking songs. Toby is a huge wrestling fan and good friends with the Jarretts.
Next question, will it get TV time? Well a little bit of good news arrived this week as it was announced that Global Force Wrestling has a TV producer. 25/7 Productions and Dave Broome signed up to be the producers of all TV shows. Global Force Wrestling has no TV deal yet, however, rumor going around is Spike TV's contract with TNA expires this year and they loved doing business with Jeff Jarrett.
Lastly, who will we see in Global Force Wrestling? Though no one has officially signed on yet, the Jarretts are looking at a sea of talent throughout the U.S., Mexico, Japan, free agents and even current WWE and TNA stars. One guy Jeff Jarrett stated that he would love to have as the face of his company when it kicks off is A.J. Styles. A.J. is currently wrestling for New Japan Wrestling and would be a great choice for a number one pick for Global.
I'll be keeping a close watch on this new company on the rise and keep you posted. Until next time tap or snap.
-The Cleveland Cavaliers finished the season with a 114-85 win over the Brooklyn Nets. Tyler Zeller led the team in scoring with 22 points in addition to his 10 rebounds. Dion Waiters had 19 points and Kyrie Irving added 15 of his own. The Cavs starters sat most, if not all of the 4th quarter. Cleveland had 7 players score in double figures mostly in garbage time. The Cavs finish the season 33-49 as they head into the offseason preparing for the draft and free agency.
-The Tribe won the 1st of 19 meetings with the Detroit Tigers last night with a 3-2 victory. Indians pitcher Zack Mcallister improves his record to 2-0(2.04 era) with 6 innings pitched, giving up only 4 hits and 1 earned run. Catcher Yan Gomes had the hot bat going 2-4 with 2 RBIs. Closer John Axford recorded his 5th save of the season. This has to be a confidence booster for Axford. He blew his last save attempt on April 13 against the Chicago White Sox. The Indians will play the final game of this series today at 1:00 pm.
-The Johnny Manziel watch is on. He is expected to hold a private workout for the Browns this weekend. Alabama quarterback A.J McCarron worked out for the Browns yesterday and will visit the team sometime next week. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray will also visit the Browns next week and will workout with them the week after.
-The Columbus Blue Jackets lose game 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs,to the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3. Game 2 will be on Saturday, the puck drops at 7pm
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Welcome everyone to the first edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. I’ll be your source to everything going down in the wrestling scene, whether it’s WWE, TNA or GFW news. This week’s edition I’ll kick off with a review on this past Monday’s RAW Ultimate Warrior Tribute Show.
RAW began with a tribute to the passing of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior, as every WWE superstar and Diva stood on the stage, all sporting some kind of Ultimate Warrior memorabilia. A video package was played on the TitanTron of The Warrior, showcasing his life. The arena went silent and respects were paid to The Warrior as the ring bell rang ten times. The segment closed out with WWE COO, Triple H, beginning a “Warrior” chant with the crowd as Warrior’s iconic theme music played out.
An eight man tournament to crown a new #1 contender for Big E’s Intercontinental Championship kicked off tonight with 8 of WWE’s top mid-carders competing. Mark Henry vs Cesaro, Rob Van Dam vs Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus vs Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett would kick off the first round action.
Rob Van Dam defeated Alberto Del Rio with the Five Star Frog Splash in the first match of the evening. Rob Van Dam is still the crowd favorite and Del Rio is stuck in mid-card status on the roster now it seems.
Michael Cole mentioned that WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Daniel Bryan, was not in attendance tonight. Bryan was enjoying his honeymoon with his new bride, Brie Bella. Lucky guy!
An Ultimate Warrior vs Honky Tonk Man video segment was played showcasing Warrior’s quick 39 second victory and first Intercontinental Championship win.
COO Triple H, met with Randy Orton and Batista in his office to try to get them all on the same page in their current feud build up with The Shield. Orton and Batista stated that all they both cared about was the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and that Triple H was on his own.
Curtis Axel and Ryback defeated The Rhodes Brothers in tag team action after Ryback countered Cody’s “Disaster Kick” with a mid air “Meat Hook” clothesline to score the pin. Possible future tag team title opponents for The Usos maybe? We’ll see.
A segment with former NXT World Champion Bo Dallas played as he wanted all of us to “Bo-Lieve”. Interesting to see how Dallas will fit into the main roster. They should definitely keep him in heel fashion to start out.
Newly crowned WWE Diva’s Champion, Paige defeated Alicia Fox by submission with the “Scorpion Cross Lock”. I’m a huge Paige fan, I’m hoping with Paige and Emma being used on the main roster now, we’ll be seeing an improved Diva’s Division soon. I’m really missing the Trish Stratus/Lita days of the division.
The Usos vs Randy Orton and Batista in a non-title match went to a No Contest. Before the match could even get going, The Shield arrived. Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins attacked Randy Orton and Batista. Reigns delivered a big “Superman Punch” to Batista before Orton and Batista retreated up the ramp. I’m actually excited about this feud and loving the face Shield currently.
Another Ultimate Warrior video segment was aired as we witnessed highlights of the Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan match at Wrestlemania 6 where Warrior defeated Hogan to capture the WWE World Title.
Cesaro defeated Mark Henry in match #2 of the #1 Contenders Intercontinental Title Tournament. Cesaro finished Henry off for the pinfall with “The Neutralizer”. Before the match Cesaro’s new manager Paul Heyman bragged some more about Brock Lesnar beating the streak at Wrestlemania 30. Paul Heyman is definitely one of the top three managers in wrestling history and can anger a crowd beautifully.
We next see a segment with COO Triple H and the Mrs., Stephanie McMahon telling RAW G.M. Brad Maddox (He’s still around? Why?) to tell The Shield that they will be in the main event tonight in a 6-Man Tag.
Alexander Rusev destroyed Xavier Woods in under a minute, making Woods tap to the “Camel Clutch”. R-Truth then got a beat down from the Big Bulgarian Nightmare after the match. If pushed right I could see Rusev being the WWE’s version of Samoa Joe but let’s not hold our breath on that.
Ultimate Warrior tribute video #3 was shown as we witnessed The Ultimate Warrior defeat “Ravishing” Rick Rude in a “Steel Cage Match”.
Sheamus defeated Jack Swagger in match #3 of the #1 Contenders Intercontinental Title Tournament. Swagger tried working on Sheamus’ leg during the match, even locking on the “Patriot Lock” at one point. Sheamus delivered the “Brogue Kick” for the three count.
A video for new NXT rookie Adam Rose and his Exotic Express played.
Next segment saw Damien Sandow in the ring stating that he is the most deserving man in the WWE. Big Show interrupted Sandow to his disliking. Sandow continued demanding respect and stating that the WWE Universe should be begging to touch and see him. This went on until Big Show heard enough and knocked out Sandow with the “Big Show Punch”.
Next segment built up the ongoing feud between John Cena and Bray Wyatt. Bray cut another creepy promo claiming to be a mentor to us all and not a liar like John Cena. Cena used pictures of the Wyatt Family on the TitanTron as a comedy act for his rebuttal before challenging Bray Wyatt to a “Steel Cage Match” at Extreme Rules. Wyatt accepted the challenge by singing “He’s got the whole world in his hands”.
The new dancing couple Fandango and Layla defeated Santino and Emma in close to a minute. Basic buildup to Fandango and Layla being together now.
The next segment saw Stephanie McMahon giving Kane his evaluation on his performance as the Director of Operations. Stephanie called Kane weak and pathetic and wondered what happened to the devil’s favorite demon. Kane tossed a chair, grabbed his old mask that was on display inside a glass case and promised to send Daniel Bryan to the “Depths of Hell”. Masked Kane coming soon possibly?
More Bo Dallas and Adam Rose segments played.
Bad News Barrett defeated Dolph Ziggler in the last of the #1 Contender Tournament matches for the Intercontinental Championship. Barrett hit the “Bull Hammer” on Ziggler for the three count.
Main Event Time saw The Shield go 11 on 3 against Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Fandango, 3MB, Titus O’Neil, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Alexander Rusev and Bad News Barrett. This match if you could call it that was basically a beat down on The Shield as right when they had offense they were soon ganged up on, ending the match in a no contest. After The Shield was laid to waste, Motorhead’s “Line in the Sand” began to play as Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista stood together on the ramp obviously reforming their past faction Evolution. Evolution entered the ring after Triple H ordered everyone else out and viscously attacked The Shield. Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins all received finishing moves from Evolution. RAW closed out with Triple H, Orton and Batista celebrating together in the ring over the fallen Shield members.
That concludes the first edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon till next time...
-The Browns signed former Cincinnati Bengals fullback Chris Pressley. He is billed at 5'11 260lbs. He is expected to make a Lawrence Vickers impact for Ben Tate.
-The Ohio State Buckeyes men's basketball team landed Trevor Thompson. Thompson is a transfer from Virginia Tech. Thompson will be a force to be reckon with, but not until the 2015-2016" season, as per NCAA transfer rules. Trevor averaged 5 points per game with 4.7 boards. He will offer the body in the middle that OSU was lacking. He can legally practice with the team and Thad Matta is excited about the future of the program.
-The Tribe game against the Motor City Kitties was cancelled do to rain/snow. Expect a doubleheader within the series or the next time the Indians travel to Detroit.
-Tonight the Cavs will finish the season in Cleveland with Fan Appreciation Night. So go support the Cavs and get a chance to get a jersey, shoes or stinky socks. Regardless it might be autographed.
-My last nugget is the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics did not reach the playoffs this season. This is the first time in NBA history that one of these teams were not in the playoffs.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
What a great tournament. Even though most big names did not make the cut for the weekend, The Masters still was a intense filled action packed event.
Props to the kid Jordan Spieth. He was your leader on the front 9 on Sunday. Eventually though the young gun succumbed to the pressure of The Masters. He was 3 under on that front 9 with a hole out on a par 3 from the bunker which created a roar like someone named Tiger. I want everyone to remember this kid just turned 20 years old. TWENTY. Think about that. He put up a great effort and I think he will have a excellent career moving forward.
Bubba Watson was nails. After faltering early on the front 9 with a bogey, the 2012 Masters Champion dug in and looked like a seasoned vet after that to become now the 2014 Champion. He was smashing his driver 350+ feet on the regular. Hitting fairways, greens in regulation, and sinking birdie putts. He was calm, cool, and collected. And, for that earning his second green jacket. The best moment was after making his last putt on the 18th green his infant son Caleb was on the fringe walking toward his Dad. That my friends is what golf is all about. That moment Bubba picked up his son with tears of joy in his eyes was priceless. That picture is with out a doubt worth 1000 words!
Until next year friends The Masters tournament will be upon us. I'm looking forward to the rest if the majors and the Summer even though it snowed today.
And remember when on the course to hitter long and straight!
Monday, April 14, 2014
The Indians struck first after Michael Brantley's solo homerun in the top of the 4th. After a 45 minute rain delay, the Sox scored a run of their own after a botched throw to first by Asdrubal Cabrera, which brought in Connor Gillespie from 3rd base. After being knotted up 1-1 through 8, Corey Kluber gave up a solo shot to Marcus Semien to put the Sox ahead 2-1. Heading into the 9th inning, Michael Brantley scored after a single from Yan Gomes to tie the game 2-2. Gomes came in to score from 3rd base after a wild pitch from White Sox closer Matt Lindstrom. But in the bottom of the 9th, Alexei Ramirez crushed a 2-run homer off of Indians closer John Axford to give the White Sox a 4-3 victory.
-The Cavs had the night off as they prepare for their season finale at home against the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday. The Cavs final home game is also fan appreciation night, with tickets still available.
-"Draft Day" the movie about the Cleveland Browns, starring Kevin Costner, raked in $9.8 million dollars in its first weekend of release.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
-The Indians won yesterday afternoon, despite Justin Masterson giving up 6 runs in 4 2/3 innings. The final score against the Chicago White Sox was 12-6 Tribe.
Friday, April 11, 2014
-The Aulstarilan Prime Minister says they have recovered what they say is the "blackbox". Reports state that the search has been narrowed down to 500 square miles.
-According to national reports and local sources, Chris Lee has confirmed the Browns will match the offer sheet of $42 million dollars that the Jacksonville Jaguars have offered to center Alex Mack. The deal would be between $18- $20 million in the first 2 years, with Mack having the option of opting out after the 2015 season. Even at that point, the Browns can still place a transition or franchise tag on him. IMO Mack will be a Brown.
-The Tribe lost 7-3 despite Danny Salazar's 10 strikeouts in 3.2 innings pitched.
-The Cavs didn't lose last night. Thank God, because they didn't play. The Cavs will visit the Milwaukee Bucks with the game starting at 8:30est. The game will be on TV on FoxSports Ohio and radio AM 1100 WTAM Cleveland!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Welcome to Augusta, GA . It's time for The Masters. A tradition unlike anyother.
This golf tournament is legendary. It also indicates that Summer is right around the corner!!
Out of all the majors the Masters is my favorite. So much history. So many memorable moments from Arnie, Jack, Tiger, and Phil. From the fist pumps to jumping up and throwing clubs in celebration, the masters brings out the best in the best.
This years Masters Tiger is not playing. Although he hasn't won a major in a while he still is a great draw. This years tournament is wide open. I personally am rooting for Wrong way Rickie Fowler representing that Puma brand. He finished at -1 today. I also like the 20 year old phenom Jordan Spieth. Dude can play. Could you imagine playing in the grandest golf tournament ever at 20!?! Yeah, me neither. He also finished at -1. The leader is at -4 Billy Haas followed by the defending champ Adam Scott.
The next 3 rounds will be legendary! If you love golf like I do watch it!
Until next time friends!
-As I reported yesterday the Jacksonville Jaguars offered Browns center Alex Mack a contract. Monetary terms of the deal have not been disclosed. But looking at past deals signed by offensive linemen and most recent,Carolina's Ryan Kalil signed a 6 year deal worth $49 million dollars and $19 million guaranteed. The Browns have 5 days to match the deal as Cleveland placed the transition tag on Mack. Jimmy Haslem made it clear Tuesday night "We want Alex to be a Brown". Haslem also stated he is very optimistic that Mack will be a Brown for the long term future. Which means to me the Browns will match the Jags offer. The bigget obstacle for the Browns is should the Browns offer more guaranteed money up front or give him less money guaranteed and backload his salary to make sure Mack retires as a Brown.
-The Cavs defeated the Pistons 122-100 but have been officially eliminated from the playoffs as the Hawks defeat the Celtics. Dion Waiters scored 22, Tyler Zeller scored 18,rookie Matthew Dellavedova had 14 points and 12 assists and Spencer Hawes added 15.
-The Indians lose the 2nd game of their doubleheader yesterday 2-1. The lone run was scored by DH Yan Gomes. -The Tribe also optioned RHP Vinnie Pestano to Triple-A Columbus to recall RHP C.C Lee. No relation to Chris Lee j/k
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
-NCAA championship game 2014 Connectiut defeats Notre Dame in the paint and on the floor 79-58. Breanna Stewart scores finals MVP honors while putting up 21 points and 9 rebounds -Connectiut coach Geno Auriemma wins his 9th national title in 20 seasons
-The Cleveland Indians defeat the S.D Padres at home 8-6 -Browns owner Jimmy Haslem is very optimistic center Alex Mack will be with the team for a very long time to come.Despite reports that the Jacksonville Jaguars plan to offer Mack a contract today.
-WWE superstar and 2014 Hall of Fame inductee Jim Helping aka the Ultimate Warrior passed away at the age of 54 on Tuesday.
-Hillary Clinton says she is thinking about 2016 presidential run.
WWE.com's Report On Warrior's Passing
Ultimate Warrior's Last Appearance, WWE Raw April 7, 2014
Ultimate Warrior's Wrestlemania 6 Promo