Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE ***
- WWE Hall of Famer Elected President: Unless you've been living under a rock since last Tuesday night, it was made official that WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump was elected the next president of the United States. This marks the first time in WWE history that a WWE Hall of Famer has been elected the President of the United States.
- Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan On RAW: Tomorrow night on RAW, Smackdown Live's Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan have been invited to appear on RAW by Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley. Shane and Bryan have accepted the invite and will be in attendance.
- The Edge And Christian Show: For all you fans of the first season of The Edge and Christian Show on WWE Network, there is some good news. The second season of The Edge and Christian Show has been green lit and is moving forward on the WWE Network. The former WWE World Tag Team Champions tweeted out the good news to the fans this past week.
- Edge Returning For 900th Smackdown Episode: Last week it was announced that The Undertaker would be making a special appearance on the 900th episode of Smackdown. This past Tuesday, it was announced that Edge would also be making a special appearance and will be hosting his The Cutting Edge talk show. Smackdown's 900th episode takes place in Wilkes-Barre, PA on November 15th.
- Hulk Hogan Return: TMZ recently caught up with Hulk Hogan's daughter Brooke Hogan this week. Brooke was asked if her father would ever return to the WWE. Brooke stated that "people" have been in contact with The Hulkster and are making plans of a return to the WWE soon, just in time for Wrestlemania 33. Hulk Hogan recently commented on the rumors and has stated that he has not talked to anyone yet, Brooke is only stirring the pot.
- Backstage Fight: There are rumors of Chris Jericho and Sin Cara being involved in a backstage fight during one of the WWE live events in England last weekend. MLW Radio indicated that Sin Cara knocked Jericho out during the brawl. One version of the fight going around has Cara striking Jericho first, according to PWInsider. Jericho then reportedly bit Cara before the two were pulled apart. Jericho was also reportedly yelling at Cara about how he wouldn't be working for the company anymore. Jericho responded to the MLW Radio reports of him being knocked out as being false journalism by stupid idiots.
- Sin Cara's Punishment: Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer stated that Sin Cara is being ordered by the WWE to undergo anger management classes. Meltzer also reported that Sin Cara has not been officially disciplined but the anger management classes are happening. Sin Cara has been involved in several fights over the years, most recently a fight with Simon Gotch backstage at a set of Smackdown tapings and now with Chris Jericho last weekend. There was a feeling that Sin Cara may be getting fired, but he has not as of yet.
- Rusev Going Babyface?: With Rusev's up coming WWE Live match against Brock Lesnar coming up and the current lack of enough baby faces on RAW, WWE is currently tossing around the idea of turning Rusev good. How could this be pulled off is the current question considering Rusev has always been anti America in his gimmick.
- New Cruiserweight Signed: This past Thursday, WWE announced that they have officially signed Ariya Daivari to a full time WWE contract. Daivari will be used on the new 205 Live Cruiserweight Division show that makes its debut at the end of this month on WWE Network.
- Roman Reigns Sent Home: Dave Meltzer mentioned on Twitter that Roman Reigns had been pulled from the current WWE European tour and won't be featured at any live events for the rest of the week. Meltzer also said Reigns was not sent home because of a Wellness Policy failure or injury and that everything is fine.
- Top 10 Wrestlemania Matches That Never Happened: This week while on Twitter I came across a top 10 list of dream matches that the fans wanted but never happened at Wrestlemania. Here is that top 10 list of matches, let's see if any of them were matches that you wanted to see.
#10: Steve Austin vs. CM Punk
#9: Randy Savage vs. Shawn Micheals
#8: Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair
#7: Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar
#6: Steve Austin vs. Goldberg
#5: Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk
#4: Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin
#3: Shawn Micheals vs. Eddie Guerrero
#2: The Undertaker vs. Sting
#1: Shawn Micheals vs. The Rock
*** NXT ***
- Tommy End Debuts: Recent WWE Performance Center recruit Tommy End made his NXT Live event debut last weekend in Ft. Pierce, Florida, with an in-ring promo. End stated that he came to NXT to burn an empire down.
- "NXT World Championship Match": Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Samoa Joe
- "NXT Women's Championship Match": Asuka (c) vs. Mickie James
- "NXT World Tag Team Championship, 2 Out of 3 Falls Match": The Revival (c) vs. DIY (Ciampa and Gargano)
- "Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Tournament Finals": Authors of Pain vs. TM-61
- Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger
If you can't catch NXT Takeover: Toronto on Saturday night, I will have the full recap on Sunday afternoon for you.
*** TNA ***
- TNA Recap:
-- TNA World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Edwards cuts a promo. Edwards brags about beating Bobby Lashley twice and will defend the title against anyone. Eli Drake interrupts and officially announces that he's cashing in his Bound For Gold title shot tonight. Ethan Carter interrupts, says Drake isn't ready to be champ and EC3 is betting everything on Edwards winning. Mike Bennett interrupts, says he's road blocking EC3 from ever being champ again, calls Drake a dummy and states that he will finally save TNA. Drake calls everyone dummies and a brawl breaks out. Drake and Bennett take control until Moose hits the ring and saves EC3 and Edwards.
-- "Winner Gets A #1 Contender Match": Mike Bennett vs. Moose: The match closes out with Moose and Bennett trading punches. Moose lands kicks, but Bennett hits a cutter for a near fall. Both men brawl on the floor. Moose misses a spear on Bennett and eats the steel steps. Bennett gets back in the ring and Moose is counted out. Bennett advances to the #1 Contenders Match.
-- Backstage, Al Snow says he's back and he and The Tribunal are having a celebration in the ring tonight.
-- At the Hardy Estate, Jeff Hardy finds Matt Hardy, still not remembering anything. Matt is building a second dining room. Jeff tells Matt that he's a tag team champion and has wrestled for 25 years. Matt says he's not a wrestler because it's too violent, he's an engineer and a hard working blue collar man. Reby tells Jeff to take Matt in the house because she might have something to make Matt remember his life.
-- The Tribunal Celebration: Basile Baraka says they're here to make a statement. Baron Dax says that he and Baraka are the judges and are here because of Al Snow. Snow says he brought The Tribunal into TNA and how they attacked The Hardy's for him. Baraka says they didn't do it for him, they did it for themselves. Baraka and Dax turn on Snow and beat him down. Mahabali Shera hits the ring and is hesitant on helping Snow and ends up getting beaten down too.
-- Outside the arena, Jesse Godderz is waiting to confront TNA Grand Champion Aron Rex when he arrives.
-- "Winner Gets A #1 Contender Match": Ethan Carter vs. Abyss: The match closes out with Abyss countering the One Percenter and choke slams EC3 for a near fall. Abyss grabs a steel chair and attempts to hit EC3 with it. EC3 counters and traps Abyss in a sleeper submission. Abyss taps out and EC3 advances to the #1 Contenders Match.
-- At the Hardy Estate, Reby, Jeff Hardy and Senor Benjamin sing the Obsolete Song. Matt Hardy smiles and starts to sing Ironic by Alanis Morisette, calls Reby Debbie and Brother Nero Brother Hero. Jeff asks Matt to take a ride with him, but refuses when he learns Jeff drives a dirt bike.
-- "Triple Threat, Winner Gets A #1 Contender Match": DJ Z vs. Rockstar Spud vs. Trevor Lee: The match closes with all three men brawling. DJ Z hits repeated springboards on Lee and Spud. DJ Z goes for the ZDT, but Lee blocks it and then Spud low blows DJ Z. Spud goes for the roll up pinfall on DJ Z, but Lee breaks it up. Lee hits a Fishermen's Buster on Spud and scores the pinfall to advance to the #1 Contenders Match.
-- Backstage, Brandi Rhodes asks Allie to help her battle Maria and Sienna and how Allie needs to stick up for herself. Allie apologizes to Brandi and says she can't do it because she works for Maria.
-- "Handicap, Winner Gets A #1 Contender Match": Bobby Lashley vs. Robbie E and Grado: The match closes out with Robbie and Grado hitting a double suplex on Lashley and begin to celebrate, thinking they're going to win. Lashley spears both Robbie and Grado and scores the pinfall to advance to the #1 Contenders Match.
-- Aron Rex arrives to the arena and is confronted by Jessie Godderz. Godderz says he's kicking Rex's ass. Rex tells Godderz to calm down and smile more. Godderz attacks Rex, chases Rex around the parking lot and into nearby production trailers. Rex rakes Godderz in the eyes, escapes into his car and his driver drives Rex away.
-- At the Hardy Estate, Jeff shows Matt his favorite boat Scarsguard, but Matt still doesn't remember. Jeff tells Matt to cleanse and heal himself in the water, but Matt says it's too cold. Jeff tries to push Matt in, but Matt won't budge. Jeff says he'll go fight The DCC alone than. Matt says violence isn't the answer.
- Billy Corgan Stock: Although Billy Corgan is no longer with TNA, Corgan is still letting his hatred toward TNA be heard. Corgan, who is still owed millions of dollars that he loaned to TNA, recently went to social media. Corgan is threatening to sell the 36% of TNA stock that he still owns to Vince McMahon and the WWE. There has been no comment from WWE as to whether or not Corgan has in fact contacted them yet.
- Anthem Funding TNA: According to sescoops.com, during Wednesday's TNA conference call with talent, Anthem Sports and Entertainment, CEO Leonard Asper revealed that Anthem was receiving a new investment imminently, and it was a factor in their current expansion, which includes funding TNA. Asper then said that he was fine with the news of the investor going public, but couldn’t share their identity as of yet. It will take “about…probably 20 to 30 days” before there’s an official announcement. Anthem’s expansion includes the acquisition of Game TV as well as the funding of TNA. Asper also stated that there may be a TNA streaming service in the near future coming as well, similar to the WWE Network.
- Anthem Repaying Billy Corgan: After taking over for TNA, Anthem announced on Friday that they have promised to pay off all of TNA's financial problems, one of them being Billy Corgan. Corgan stated in the above report I posted that he was seriously going to sell his stock in TNA to the WWE if he wasn't paid back the money he loaned to TNA. Anthem has promised to pay Corgan back his money that is ranging between $1.8 to $2.7 million dollars.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
- ROH TV Recap:
-- Michael Elgin vs. Toru Yano: The match closes out with Yano nearly stealing a pinfall, after sending Elgin into an exposed turnbuckle, that Yano exposed earlier. Yano hits his low blow/inside cradle combo, but Elgin kicks out at two and a half. Elgin beats Yano with one of the turnbuckle pads and then hits The Elgin Bomb for the pinfall.
-- "Proving Ground Match": Bobby Fish vs. Dragon Lee: The match closes out with Lee hitting two straight rolling Northern Lights Suplexes and follows that with a brainbuster for a near fall on Fish. Fish fights back and goes for a brainbuster on Lee, but Fish's rib injuries cause him to not make the execution. Lee capitalizes on the injury and does The La Magistral cradle on Fish for the pinfall. Dragon Lee has earned a future ROH Television Championship Match against Bobby Fish at a later date.
-- Matt Tavern Promo: Tavern says that he has finally returned after nearly a year gone. Tavern promises that he will be creating a bigger and better The Kingdom faction.
-- "ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship Tournament Match": The Bullet Club (Adam Cole and The Young Bucks) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Tavern, TK O'Ryan and Vinny Marseglia): The match closes out with The Bucks and Cole going for a double Indy Taker, but The Kingdom broke it up. O'Ryan hits a jumping tombstone piledriver on Cole. Taven hits The Climax on Matt Jackson and Marseglia follows with a senton bomb off the top rope. Taven covers Matt and scores the pinfall, advancing The Kingdom in the tournament. The show closes out with The Kingdom celebrating.
- New Signees: Ring of Honor announced on their official website that Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll have signed exclusive deals with the company. The promotion noted that both Scurll and Ospreay would be appearing at the United Kingdom tour.
*** Lucha Underground ***
- Lucha Underground TV Recap:
-- Catrina tells Mil Muertes that she wants Muertes to end Prince Puma's life tonight and if Muertes fails, Catrina will not use her powers to bring him back from the dead.
-- "Believer's Backlash Match": Mascarita Sagrada vs. Famous B: The Believers (fans) are armed at ringside with many weapons, ranging from stop signs, mops, ropes, football shoulder pads and a helmet, a toolbox, shoes, food and other household appliances. The match closes out with Son of Havoc hitting the ring and attacking Dr. Wagner Jr. During the distraction Sagrada busts a framed portrait over Famous' head and then chokes Famous with his own tie. Havoc and Wagner brawl backstage as Sagrada lands a plancha on Famous. Brenda tries to help Famous, but Sagrada shoves a pie in her face. Sagrada gets tossed over the announcers table, but grabs Matt Striker's shoe and hits Famous with it repeatedly. Sagrada hits a tornado DDT off the top rope on Famous and scores the pinfall. After the match, Son of Havoc returns, destroys a cardboard cutout of Famous B and then gives Sagrada a leather vest, symbolizing that he has received his patch from Son of Havoc.
-- Killshot confronts his brother Dante Fox. Killshot says that he understands why Dante attacked him, but he's still happy to see him. Killshot offers friendship. Dante accepts and tells Killshot that tonight, they will stay united just like old times.
-- "Ten Person Tag Team Match": Mariposa, Ivelisse, Marty The Moth Martinez, The Mack and Jeremiah Crane vs. Killshot, Dante Fox, Argenis, Texano and Cage: The winning team will gain access to the Aztec Warfare battle royal next week. The match closes out with Fox and Killshot double teaming everyone. Killshot plants a kick on Ivelisse and goes for a suplex. Ivelisse counters and gets a near fall hurracanrana. Ivelisse looks to have twisted her ankle as Marty attacks Killshot. Fox comes in to save Killshot, but turns on him instead, laying Killshot out with a brain buster. Marty covers Killshot and scores the pinfall, advancing his team to Aztec Warfare.
-- "Grave Consequences Match": Mil Muertes vs. Prince Puma: The match closes out with Puma and Muertes trading punches on the top rope. Muertes grabs Puma by the throat and choke slams Puma through two tables. Muertes drags a casket to the ring. Muertes hits the Flatliner on Puma and tosses Puma into the casket for the victory. Puma is carried off in the casket to end the show.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
-- Power Struggle was live in Osaka, Japan at the EDION Arena. Power Struggle was NJPW's last big pay per view until January's Wrestle Kingdom 11.
-- In the Pre-Show, Juice Robinson, Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Teruaki Kanemitsu, Manabu Nakanishi and Yuji Nagata, in a Six Man Tag Team Match. Juice was able to hit Pulp Friction on Kanemitsu to score the pinfall.
-- David Finlay, Ricochet, Tiger Mask and Jushin “Thunder” Liger defeated Fuego, Titan, Andel De Oro, and Ryusuke Taguchi, in a Eight Man Tag Team Match. David Finlay was able to hit The Kamikaze on Fuego to pick up the pinfall.
-- The Bullet Club (Bone Soldier, Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi) defeated YOSHITATSU, Tomoaki Honma and Togi Makabe, in a Six Man Tag Team Match. Takahashi hits The Pimp Juice on Yoshi Tatsu to score the pinfall.
-- "IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match": Guerillas of Destiny (c) defeated Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI. GOD hits a Stun Gun to score the pinfall and retain the titles.
-- "Super Jr. Tag Team Tournament 2016 Finals Match": Roppongi Vice defeated ACH and Taiji Ishimori. Baretta hits the Strong Zero on ACH to score the pinfall. After the match, Vice challenge The Young Bucks for their IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 11. The Bucks appear and accept the challenge.
-- "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match": KUSHIDA defeated BUSHI (c), to win the title. KUSHIDA traps BUSHI in the Hoverboard Lock and forces BUSHI to tap out.
-- The video warnings of Time Bomb coming to NJPW finally come to an end, as Kamaitachi is revealed as Time Bomb. Kamaitachi challenges KUSHIDA to put his newly won IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship on the line at Wrestle Kingdom 11.
-- The Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Adam Cole and The Young Bucks) defeated Gedo, Will Ospreay, Hirooki Goto and Kazuchika Okada, in an Eight Man Tag Team Match. Omega hits the One Winged Angel on Okada for the pinfall.
-- "NEVER Openweight Championship Match": EVIL defeated Katsuyori Shibata (c), to win the title. EVIL knocked out the referee and attacked Shibata with the title and with a steel chair. EVIL then hits the STO to score the pinfall.
-- Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated SANADA. Tanahashi hits two High Fly Flows and scores the pinfall.
-- "IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match": Tetsuya Naito (c) defeated Jay Lethal, to retain the title. Naito hit the Destino to score the pinfall. After the match, Hiroshi Tanahashi arrives and challenges Naito to a Championship Match at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Naito appears to accept the challenge to end the show.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!