Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the WWE Survivor Series Recap.
The weekend of wrestling action continues into day 2, as WWE brings us Survivor Series. WWE Survivor Series took place at the Air Canada Centre, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This year's Survivor Series brought us three traditional Survivor Series Elimination Matches as Team RAW battled Team Smackdown Live, bringing their best men, women and tag teams to the dance. "THE MAN" Goldberg made his return to the ring after a 12 year hiatus and battled "THE BEAST" and mayor of Suplex City, Brock Lesnar. Smackdown Live's WWE Intercontinental Champion, Cleveland's own, The Miz, put his title and the titles show rights on the line against RAW's Sami Zayn. RAW's WWE Cruiserweight Champion Brian Kendrick put his title and the titles show rights on the line against Smackdown Live's Kalisto. Pre-Show Survivor Series action saw TJ Perkins, Rich Swann and Noam Dar battle Drew Gulak, Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari in a Six Man Tag Team Match. Also, Kane battled The Wyatt Family's Luke Harper.
WWE Survivor Series brings you The Weeknd's "False Alarm" as the shows theme song. Give it a listen and read on with my Recap afterwards. Thanks!
** WWE Survivor Series Pre-Show **
- Backstage, Becky Lynch compares Nia Jax to the giant in Game of Thrones. Charlotte and Dana Brooke interrupt. Nikki Bella tells Charlotte that she's been looking forward to wiping the stupid smile off Charlotte's face and tonight Nikki's Squad burns down Charlotte's Kingdom. Charlotte says to never look over your head because you never know who's going to strike.
- Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho In The Social Media Room: Owens changes the Social Media Lounge name to the Kevin Owens Show. Owens is singled out by interviewer Todd Phillips for wearing Smackdown Live blue colors, even though it's a Toronto Maple Leafs shirt. Owens says Phillips' iPad password is "Disgusting". Jericho says it should be "2112"(Shout out to Toronto's own, the band Rush). Owens and Jericho mock Phillips, promise to beat up James Ellsworth, call Phillips a bully and finally Jericho puts all the stupid idiot question asking fans on "The List".
Winner: TJ Perkins, Rich Swann and Noam Dar, by pinfall.
Winner: Kane, by pinfall.
** WWE Survivor Series 2016 **
- "Survivor Series Elimination Match": Team RAW (Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox) vs. Team SmackDown Live (Nikki Bella, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch and Naomi): Nikki Bella no shows, it's announced that someone attacked her backstage and she is unable to compete. Daniel Bryan lets Nattie Neidhart take Nikki's spot in the match.
** First Elimination: Alicia Fox dodges a Bronco Buster by Carmella and unloads a series of strikes to the back of Carmella. Alicia hits the ropes, drops Carmella with the scissors kick and scores the pinfall. RAW leads 5-4.
** Second Elimination: Alexa Bliss immediately takes control and drops Alicia to the mat. Alexa goes to the top rope and hits Twisted Bliss on Alicia to score the pinfall. Tied 4-4.
** Third Elimination: Naomi hits a drop kick on Nia, a cross body block and then a leg lariat. Nia takes Naomi, throws her face first into the ring post and tosses her off the apron to the floor. Naomi gets counted out. RAW leads 4-3.
** Fifth Elimination: Nattie plants Charlotte with a sit down power bomb, but Nia stops the pinfall attempt. Nattie traps Charlotte in the Sharpshooter submission, but Dana Brooke helps Charlotte reach the ropes from the outside. Charlotte drills Nattie with a running boot and scores the pinfall. RAW leads 3-2.
** Sixth Elimination: Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss begin to argue with each other and Nia Jax looks to take advantage. Nia blocks a double team suplex and suplexes both Alexa and Becky. Becky continues to argue with Alexa, but then catches Nia, traps her in the Dis-Arm-Her submission and makes Nia tap out. Tied 2-2.
** Eighth Elimination: Becky goes for the Dis-Arm-Her submission on Bayley, but Bayley escapes and plants Becky with a suplex. Becky fires back and again goes for the Dis-Arm-Her submission, but Bayley again escapes, hits the Bayley To Belly and scores the pinfall for the victory.
** After the match, Charlotte attacks and beats down Bayley. Charlotte tosses Bayley into the barricade and then plants a running boot to Bayley's face. Charlotte and Dana Brooke celebrate and leave ringside.
Survivors: Team RAW, Charlotte and Bayley.
- Backstage, The Club mock James Ellsworth until Mick Foley arrives and tells them to get lost. Foley asks Ellsworth to join RAW, but he says he's dedicated to Smackdown Live. Braun Strowman arrives and asks Ellsworth if he knows him, cause he looks firmiliar. Ellsworth gets scared and runs away.
Winner: The Miz, by pinfall, to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
- Backstage, Dean Ambrose and AJ Styles start taunting and arguing with each other. Shane McMahon arrives, tells them to knock it off and get on the same page because Smackdown Live can't afford another loss tonight.
** First Elimination: Fandango starts off the match for his team, but wastes time playing fashion police and passes out fashion violation tickets to everyone. Kofi takes advantage and scores a quick pinfall on Fandango. RAW leads 5-4.
** Second Elimination: Jey Uso catches Kofi off guard and drops him with an Uso Kick, scoring the pinfall. Tied 4-4.
** Third Elimination: Ryder takes control and unloads on The Club. Gallows pulls Anderson out of the way, as Ryder went for the Broski Boot. Ryder hits drop kicks on The Club, but Anderson finally lands a knee to the head of Ryder. The Club drop Ryder with the Magic Killer and score the pinfall. RAW leads 4-3.
** Fourth Elimination: The Shining Stars tag in and double team Gable for a near fall. Epico hits three straight suplexes on Gable and gets another near fall. Gable scores a surprise pinfall and The Shining Stars are gone. Tied 3-3.
** Fifth Elimination: Cesaro grabs Jordan and spins him in the Cesaro Swing, but Gable stops it and a brawl breaks out on the floor. Jordan tosses Gable onto everyone outside. Jordan goes for a suicide dive, but Gallows comes out of nowhere and boots Jordan. The Club drop Jordan with the Magic Killer and score the pinfall. RAW leads 3-2.
** Sixth Elimination: Gallows unloads elbows on Slater, then sends his own partner Enzo off the apron and acts like it was an accident. Gallows and Big Cass argue as Rhyno tags in. Rhyno hits the Gore on Gallows and scores the pinfall. Tied 2-2.
** Seventh Elimination: Cass hits the ring and lays out Slater and Rhyno with boots. Enzo goes to the top rope and Enzo and Cass hit the Rocket Launcher to score the pinfall and eliminate Slater and Rhyno. RAW leads 2-1.
** Ninth Elimination: Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing on Jey and spins him around. Cesaro goes for the Sharpshooter submission next, but takes a Uso Kick from Jimmy, right in the leg. Jimmy takes out Sheamus, as Jey locks Cesaro in the Tequila Sunrise leg lock submission. Cesaro counters out and locks Jey in the Sharpshooter submission. Sheamus stops Jimmy from breaking the submission and Jey taps out, giving RAW the win.
Survivors: Team RAW, Sheamus and Cesaro
- Backstage, Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley are celebrating their win and announces The New Day vs. Sheamus and Cesaro for RAW on Monday night.
Winner: Brian Kendrick, by DQ, to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- Backstage, Daniel Bryan confronts Baron Corbin and is furious that Corbin cost Smackdown Live the Cruiserweight Division. Corbin says little pests like Kalisto need to be dealt with. Bryan tells Corbin to leave and he'll deal with him on Tuesday.
** First Elimination: Styles and Ambrose clear the ring and then start shoving each other. Shane comes in and orders them to stop. Ambrose tackles Styles as Shane tries to pull Ambrose off Styles. Styles gets a shot in from behind on Ambrose, as Strowman grabs Ambrose, power slams him and scores the pinfall. RAW leads 5-4.
** Second Elimination: Orton and Bray work over Strowman and lay him on the announcers table. Shane leaps from the top rope to the announcers table and elbows Strowman right through it. Reigns and Rollins brawl with Orton and Bray, as Styles helps Shane back into the ring. Strowman tries to get back in the ring, but doesn't make the 10 count as James Ellsworth holds onto Strowman's leg. Tied 4-4.
** Third Elimination: Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho on Styles, but gets rolled up for a near fall. Styles unloads on Jericho, until Owens busts Styles in the back with Jericho's "The List" clipboard and takes the DQ. Owens plants Styles with a pop up power bomb before finally leaving. Smackdown Live leads 4-3.
** Fifth Elimination: Shane unloads on Reigns and hits a DDT. Shane drops Rollins and then sends Reigns into the ring post. Shane sets Rollins up for the coast to coast drop kick and climbs the ropes. Shane leaps at Rollins, but Reigns spears Shane in mid-air, knocking Shane out cold. Shane somehow kicks out at two and a half, but the referee checks on Shane and decides to eliminate Shane, due to stoppage, as WWE Medical also check on Shane. Smackdown Live leads 3-2.
** Seventh Elimination: Luke Harper hits the ring and attacks Reigns. Rollins hits a Sling Blade on Bray and a suicide dive on Harper. Rollins lands an enziguri on Orton and a super kick on Bray. Rollins goes for a frog splash, but Orton catches Rollins in mid-air with the RKO outta nowhere. Orton covers Rollins and scores the pinfall. Smackdown Live leads 2-1.
Survivors: Team Smackdown Live, Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt
Winner: Goldberg, by pinfall.
- Survivor Series ended with Goldberg celebrating with his family in the ring.