It's the Weekend 3 Count, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE. The W3C, brings you news and rumors going on around the wrestling world. Whether it's WWE, TNA, GFW, ROH, Lucha Underground or the independent wrestling scene, I'll talk about it.
- Brock Lesnar is being advertised to return to RAW on June 22nd. More than likely to build up a match at SummerSlam. Brock Lesnar has also been advertised to wrestle Kofi Kingston on July 4th in Tokyo, Japan at a house show.
- Brad Maddox and Layla, who've both been off tv for quite awhile, were at a live house show this week. It's unknown if we'll see Maddox or Layla back on tv. Layla always had great talent, I'm really surprised WWE haven't used her more.
- Big Show and Randy Orton are both expected to return to tv after Elimination Chamber, to build up the next pay per view, WWE Money In The Bank.
- Rusev looked to have injured his foot during this week's Smackdown tapings. Rusev was seen at an airport the night after the tapings in a wheelchair and a cast on his foot. It's unknown at this time if this will affect his Elimination Chamber Match on Sunday for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Rumors are pointing at Bray Wyatt possibly taking Rusev's spot if he's unable to go at Elimination Chamber.
- Now that Samoa Joe is in the WWE, it was made official WWE will allow Joe to use his Samoa Joe name and not change it into a WWE trademarked character name. It was made clear, however, that WWE will not use Joe's "Samoan Submission Machine" nickname and will instead trademark him the "Submission Specialist".
- Chris Jericho was the latest victim to have his Twitter account hacked this week. A group by the name of the Galvanize Mob, hacked into Jericho's account and began sending obscene tweets to Triple H and Vince McMahon and finished by quiting the WWE.
- Booker T. has released his comic book called G.I. Bro this week. G.I. Bro is based on Booker T.'s character he portrayed in WCW for a short run while he was apart of the Misfits In Action faction. G.I. Bro will be fighting bad guys throughout the world in different countries in the comic book series.
- Hulk Hogan has stated that he will be playing the villain in Expendables 4. There has been no official announcement of this or even a official announcement that there will even be a fourth Expendables movie.
- Sheamus will play Rocksteady in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- WWE has stated that their is a possibility that the NXT women will main event the next NXT Takeover pay per view.
- Rockstar Spud won the six man gauntlet match this past Friday on Impact to become a 2-Time TNA X-Division Champion.
- TNA announced that Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards have both signed new contracts with TNA. We'll be expecting more from The Wolves now.
- TNA also announced that Bram signed a new contract.
- Sources have said that Austin Aries' contract expires in June and TNA has yet to even offer him a new deal.
- Long time TNA Knockout, Christie Hemme, has put her notice in and will be leaving TNA soon.
*** GFW News and Rumors ***
- You can still get tickets at GFW.com for their summer grand slam tour. GFW will be hitting different minor league parks, throughout the U.S. and will be holding wrestling events after the minor league games finish.
- Shelton Benjamin who is currently apart of the GFW roster and wrestling in other premotions, stated that he came very close to signing with TNA at one time.
- Ring Of Honor wrestling have struck a tv deal with Destination America. ROH will be apart of Destination America's new "one two punch" block of wrestling on Wednesday night's. ROH will premiere on June 3rd at 8pm and will lead right into TNA Impact at 9pm. The deal is said to be a 26 week contract at the moment to see how ROH does.
- Good news for Lucha Underground. It appears the El Rey Network will be bringing LU back for a second season in October.
- Last Sunday, AAA Mexico presented the Lucha Libre World Cup on pay per view. The LLWC featured three men from eight different teams representing TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, Mexico and Japan competing in a six man tag team tournament. Rey Mysterio, Alberto El Patron and Myzteziz (First version of Sin Cara in WWE) came out victorious in the tournament, taking the World Cup back to Mexico.
- Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion and current NJPW World Heavyweight Champion, A.J. Styles, is rumored to now be on the WWE's most wanted list. The WWE is looking at running three brand tours next year, RAW, Smackdown and NXT and is looking to beef up all three rosters.
- Former Ring Of Honor TV Champion, Tommaso Ciampa, will be at the WWE Performance Center next week. WWE is said to be interested in Ciampa.
- Bully Ray/Bubba Ray Dudley still remain huge talents unsigned in the wrestling world. Bubba returned to the WWE for a one night only appearance at the Royal Rumble. Then returned as Bully to referee a TNA World Heavyweight Championship match in TNA. Both WWE and TNA haven't even offered Bully a new contract at all. Bully has stated on Twitter that he keeps getting asked by fans, when will he and Devon return to WWE. Bully has said that it's up to the WWE Universe to let it be heard within the WWE and he and Devon would be ready to get the tables again. Me personally would be all for a Dudley Boy reunion in WWE.
- UFC's Ronda Rousey has still made it clear that she would like to be apart of WWE again soon. Ronda feels that the angle she started with Stephanie McMahon at Wrestlemania 31 needs a conclusion.
- Tommy Dreamer and his House of Hardcore will have a busy 2015 ahead of them. House of Hardcore with debut in Australia in December. HOH will be working with Australian promotion, Outback Championship Wrestling. HOH will also debut in Canada this July.
- Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion and now UFC star Phil "CM Punk" Brooks has been training with UFC Middleweight contender Luke Rockhold and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans. Punk has still set the goal of late 2015 as being his UFC debut.
And that's your Weekend 3 Count. Join me next Sunday afternoon for more news and rumors around the wrestling world.