The Weekend 3 Count is brought to you by Triple Threat CLE.
*** Weekend Flashback ***
- From now till the Royal Rumble, I'll be flashbacking to some of my favorite moments in the Royal Rumble. This week, I'm highlighting some memorable one on one matches that took place at the Royal Rumble with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line.
- "Macho King" Randy Savage costs Ultimate Warrior the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Sgt. Slaughter: 1991 Royal Rumble
- Shawn Michaels gets revenge on "Psycho" Sid Vicious with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line: 1997 Royal Rumble
- The Rock faced Mankind in an "I Quit Match" for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: 1999 Royal Rumble. Mick Foley has said the only regret he's had about this match is letting his family watch it in person at the arena. This match made his wife upset and his kids cry because they thought Mick was going to die that night, as violent as it turned out.
- Former best friends Triple H and Shawn Michaels battle for the World Heavyweight Championship in a "Last Man Standing Match": 2004 Royal Rumble
- The Rock returns and ends CM Punk's 434 day reign as WWE World Heavyweight Champion: 2013 Royal Rumble
*** WWE News and Rumors ***
- WWE and MMA clothing company, Tapout, might be striking a deal together soon. Sources are saying that WWE and Tapout may be signing a license together that would allow Tapout to sponsor WWE and its superstars.
- Chris Jericho has signed a new WWE contract. Jericho, however, will only compete at non-televised events. There are no plans of Jericho returning to RAW, Smackdown or even wrestling at Wrestlemania 31 at this time.
- Legend's being advertised for the show are: Billy Gunn, Jimmy Hart, Ron Simmons, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair
- Heath Slater, who's been out of action due to a current case also, got some good news. The charges filed on Slater stating that he grabbed a female hotel worker in a chokehold and tried to force her into his hotel room during Wrestlemania 27 weekend have been dropped. Many WWE wrestlers that were present during that time frame have served as Slater's alibi. Stating that Slater was with his then fiancee when the alleged attack happened.
- Stephanie McMahon was asked recently why WWE dropped the Elimination Chamber pay per view. Stephanie stated that a lot of arenas now have huge scoreboards hanging from the ceiling, which makes it impossible to hang the 10 ton metal structure above the ring.
- WWE announced this week that their show Tough Enough will return to the USA Network soon. Tough Enough is a wrestling competition where unknowns can try out for the company and win a WWE contract.
- NXT will be having their next Takeover pay per view on WWE Network on February 11th. Rumor is Sami Zayn will defend the NXT World Title against Kevin Owens.
*** TNA News and Rumors ***
- The Hardy's became the new #1 contenders to James Storm and Abyss and the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
- Feast or Fired returns next week on Impact. Feast or Fired is a match with four briefcases on the line. Each briefcase could hold either a TNA World Title contract, a TNA X-Division Title contract, a TNA World Tag Team Title contract or a pink slip and the end of a TNA career.
- Bobby Lashley appears to have turned Face this past Impact, after taking a beat down from MVP's Beat Down Clan.
- Current TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley, suffered an injury and has been taken off of his Bellator 134 MMA fight. Lashley was supposed to have a rematch with James Thompson on February 27th. Lashley will be replaced on the card and the nature of the injury is still unknown.
- TNA is still working on trying to get Alberto El Patron (Del Rio) to sign with TNA. TNA thinks that they are very close at the moment.
- TNA have also been in talks with Bully Ray. TNA is trying their best to get Bully to return.
*** GFW News and Rumors ***
- Jeff Jarrett has also stated that he would like to bring back Jim Ross and Matt Striker for commentary for the next event as well. Jarrett, however, is looking at the expenses and might have JR and Striker call the pay per view from a studio in the U.S. instead of live in Japan.
*** Other Wrestling News ***
- Current WWE announcer, Booker T. has announced that he will reform the 10-Time WCW World Tag Team Champion team of Harlem Heat with his brother Stevie Ray in Reality of Wrestling. Harlem Heat will battle the New Heavenly Bodies for the ROW Tag Team Championship on February 21st. You can watch them reform here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhrTrJ6LsI
And that is this weekend's 3 Count. Join me every Sunday afternoon where I give you the major stories in WWE, TNA, GFW and the independent wrestling scene. Till next time, tap or snap.