- Greg Roman is officially off the table for the Browns. He will serve as offensive coordinator for Rex Ryan in Buffalo.
What's the next step for the Browns in hiring a new offensive coordinator? The Browns interviewed former Bears head coach Marc Trestman yesterday (a hire/interview I don't like) and Raiders QB coach John DeFilippo will interview Friday(a hire/interview I do like).
Other candidates that have been discussed are Anthony Lynn of the New York Jets, who had the Jets finishing third in the NFL in rushing with 142.5 yards per game in 2014, Cowboys assistants Bill Callahan and Scott Linehan, Raiders senior offensive assistant Al Saunders, and former Bills head coach Chan Gailey. Gailey has been highly recruited and is expected to be hired by new Jets coach Todd Bowles. The Browns will also interview their tight end coach Brian Angelichio.
- The 49ers parted ways with all of their assistant coaches except running back coach Tom Rathman. So that means former Browns head coach Eric Mangini is unemployed once again.
- Oregon QB Marcus Mariota announced he will forego his senior season and enter the 2015 NFL draft.
- Marc Bindel, who was J.T Barrett's offensive coordinator in high school, has been quoted as saying "Obviously it's nothing official, but right now J.T. told me that he expects both of them (Jones and Braxton Miller) to be back with him". That's the best problem a coach can have, a plug and play quarterback. If I were Cardale I would declare for the draft, If he feels that he's ready. If he wants another year of college under his belt, I would transfer to a D1-AA school and light it up there. Remember Steve McNair from Alcorn State?
- Ohio State officially hired Tim Beck who will serve as quarterbacks coach and co-offensive coordinator. Ed Warinner was promoted from offensive line coach to co-offensive coordinator.
- Nick Foligno of the Columbus Blue Jackets has been named team captain for All-Start weekend in Columbus. Team Foligno is going to be the home team and wear the black Reebok All-Star jersey.