- “Cardale’s brand right now has never been stronger, might never be stronger again in his life,” said Ohio State coach Urban Meyer.
Cardale Jones passed up NFL dollars and decided to return back to school. He made the announcement at the Ginn Academy in front of national media and 98% of them thinking he was going to declare for the draft. Despite his rough upbringing in East Cleveland with little or no money, he wanted his education because he knows that will take him further in life than his NFL career will. You can always waste money, but you can never waste a chance for a good and free education. If the NFL is meant to be for him, it will happen next year. If not he will have a diploma that says THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY! What a great role model for inner city kids and kids in general. He wanted to show people it's not about the money, it's about the education. And he could overcome everything he went through, so can you!
- Help Wanted! Browns have parted ways with wise receivers coach Mike McDaniel after one season. McDaniel's previously served as wide receivers coach in Washington where Kyle Shanahan was the offensive coordinator.
- Browns CB Joe Haden has been named an NFL Pro Bowl captain. This shows the respect that his teammates and coaches have for him.
- Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer will appear on the Late Show with David Letterman tonight. The show taped yesterday evening so I would am going to expect Meyers first reaction to Cardale Jones' decision and possibly the first indication who will be the starting quarterback next season.
- Ohio State QB J.T. Barrett was named to the Football Writers of America Freshmen All-America team.