- What will the Browns do with Josh Gordon? What should they do with Josh Gordon? What is Josh Gordon's future with the Browns? What is Josh Gordon's future in the NFL? Should the Browns cut him? There are a lot of questions, but not enough answers at this time. The initial shock of Gordon's failed drug/alcohol test by me was cut him. But then I started thinking to myself "Why cut him?" The Browns should be in no rush to make such a move. The NFL hasn't officially given notice to the Browns, the actual results or notification that Gordon has failed a drug/alcohol test. The league may wait weeks to make the results official to the Browns. It's not certain if top brass have made any attempts to talk to Gordon or his agent about the situation.
Now with that said, what if Gordon and his agent decide to appeal the positive test? What if Gordon's camp argues that he tested positive because he used mouthwash before he took the test? Maybe the league called him at the crack of dawn and told him he needed to test? Gordon simply took a shower, brushed his teeth, used some mouthwash and went straight to the testing location. This may all seem ridiculous and crazy but, remember Gordon tested positive for nano grams of marijuana from second hand smoke. Now the appeals process is exactly how it sounds, a process. It will only take a day or two to complete, but when will the appeal, if it happens, be scheduled? So if he wins the appeal, no harm, no foul. It's business as usual. But if he loses the appeal, do the Browns release him? My answer is NO! Gordon will not be collecting his salary from the Browns, he will not take up a roster spot on the team. He will still be apart of the substance abuse program in the NFL. No team will likely pick him up until the 2016 season. The Browns should retain his rights and see what happens in the 2016 season.
This year's crop of top wide receivers is very shallow. See what's out there for the next year or so. Gordon is still playing under his rookie contract, which is dirt cheap. The last thing I want him to do is sign with the Patriots and live that Patriot life like LaGarrette Blount. So there is no need to make any roster moves with Gordon at this time. R-E-L-A-X
- Andrew Luck should have a new target to throw the ball to next year in Duran Carter. WR Duron Carter, son of Hall of Fame WR and ESPN analyst Cris Carter, is closing in on an agreement with the Indianapolis Colts.
- In other former Browns moves, The Colts have agreed to a new contract naming Rob Chudzinski Associate Head Coach. Chud was rumored to be a candidate for a number offensive coordinator openings. His deal is for one year.
- The Cavs won their 7th straight with a 103-95 over the Detroit Pistons. Kyrie Irving scored 38 points, with 6 assists and 3 steals. LeBron James added in 32 points, 6 boards and 7 assists.
- The Indians announced their non-roster Spring invites yesterday: Francisco Lindor, Jake Lowery, Tyler Naquin, James Ramsey, Will Roberts, Ryan Rohlinger and Jordan Smith.
"I just wrote this so I don't get fined"