Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, GFW, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
** Theme Song Of The Week **
With WWE Extreme Rules live tonight on WWE Network, this week's song will be the official theme song of WWE Extreme Rules, "Hellfire", by Barns Courtney.
*** WWE ***
- First Ever Women's Money In The Bank Made Official: Shane McMahon officially announced the first ever Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match to take place at WWE Money In The Bank between Charlotte, Carmella, Becky Lynch, Nattie Neidhart and Tamina.
- Lana Wants Included In Money In The Bank: This past week after Shane McMahon made the huge announcement of the first ever Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match, Lana went to Twitter. Lana tweeted the Smackdown Live commissioner and asked to be included in the ladder match. Shane has yet to comment.
- Who's Attacking Enzo?: For the past two weeks, Enzo has been attacked from behind and left laid out backstage, but has no clue who did it. As of right now WWE is going with two options as the attacker. The first idea is The Revival and the second and the one that is rumored to be the one they will go with is Big Cass. Sources are saying that Cass will be revealed as the attacker of Enzo and begin a heel run. Enzo, meanwhile, is being rumored to being moved over to 205 Live.
- Lince Dorado Possibly Injured: This past week while wrestling Drew Gulak, Lince Dorado may have suffered an injury. Dorado appeared to have landed bad on his knee after a tilt-a-whirl and looked to be legitimately injured. No official word has been announced yet.
- Possible Hulk Hogan Return: According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE has opened an internal dialogue regarding the possible return of Hulk Hogan to the WWE. WWE distanced itself from Hogan after he was caught making derogatory racial remarks, but apparently they considered bringing him back for WrestleMania 33 before deciding against it.
** 205 Live Recap **
Rich Swann/Sasha Banks build up their feud with Noam Dar/Alicia Fox leading into WWE Extreme Rules. Austin Aries also builds up his feud with WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville as they will also do battle at WWE Extreme Rules.
- Noam Dar/Alicia Fox Promo: Both mock the new friendship between Rich Swann and Sasha Banks, calling them friends with no benefits. Swann and Sasha interrupt and call Noam and Alicia a hot mess. Sasha and Alicia trade verbal shots with each other, forcing Swann and Noam to hold the ladies back before they start fighting. Noam and Swann decide to have a singles match to kick off 205 Live.
Winner: Noam Dar, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Cedric Alexander says karma will get Noam Dar and Alicia Fox. Alexander says he returned from his injury to make up for lost time not reopen his past relationship with Alicia Fox.
- Cedric Alexander vs. Corey Hollis: The match closes out with Alexander connecting with a forearm, a handstand enziguri and a springboard clothesline. Alexander hits the Lumbar Check on Hollis and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Cedric Alexander, by pinfall.
Winner: Drew Gulak, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Drew Gulak says that he just proved that high flying will cost you matches and staying grounded is the way.
- Final Card For Tonight's WWE Extreme Rules: The following matches will be shown tonight at WWE Extreme Rules. If you can't catch the event, no worries, just check in to Triple Threat CLE Monday afternoon and I'll have the full recap of the show.
- "#1 Contenders Fatal Five Way Match": Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt.
- "WWE Intercontinental Championship Match, If Dean Ambrose Gets DQ'ed He's Loses The Title": Dean Ambrose (c) vs. The Miz.
- "WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship, Steel Cage Match": The Hardy Boys (c) vs. Sheamus and Cesaro.
- "WWE Cruiserweight Championship, Submission Match": Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries.
- "WWE RAW Women's Championship, Kendo Stick On A Pole Match": Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Bayley.
- "Mixed Tag Team Match": Rich Swann and Sasha Banks vs. Noam Dar and Alicia Fox.
*** NXT ***
- Tommaso Ciampa Injury Update: PWInsider reported this week that Tommaso Ciampa has suffered a torn ACL and will need surgery. No timeline on how long Ciampa will be out are available at the moment, but surgery and recovery time for a torn ACL isn’t usually a quick turnaround.
- Ember Moon Returns: If you missed this past weeks NXT episode, Ember Moon was officially cleared to wrestle by her doctors and will be returning soon. Ember was out for a month with a shoulder injury.
*** Impact/GFW Wrestling ***
** Impact TV Recap **
This week's main event saw Alberto El Patron defend his GFW Global Championship against Ethan Carter in Six Sides Of Steel, with the winner going on to Impact Slammiversary to battle Bobby Lashley for the Impact World Championship.
- Ethan Carter Promo: EC3 kicks off the show with a barbershop quartet in the ring. The quartet play music about how great EC3 is and being the #1 Contender. The quartet then play a song about Bobby Lashley and him saying goodbye to his Impact World Championship. Alberto El Patron interrupts as does Bruce Prichard with Tyrus, Karen Jarrett and Dutch Mantell. Prichard announces that tonight EC3 will battle Alberto El Patron for the GFW Global Championship in Six Sides Of Steel, with the winner going on to face Bobby Lashley at Impact Slammiversary.
- "Impact Grand Championship Match": Moose (c) vs. Eli Drake: Drake takes Round one 30-27. Moose takes Round two 29-28. The third round ends with Moose landing forearms on Drake. Chris Adonis reaches in and grabs Moose's leg, distracting Moose. Drake hits his finisher and covers Moose, but time runs out in Round three. After judges decision, Moose is rewarded the round and the victory to retain the title.
Winner: Moose, by decision, to retain the Impact Grand Championship.
- Backstage, Allie asks Rosemary why she helped her last week. Rosemary says she lost her Decay family, but she is here to protect those in danger.
- Allie vs. Amber Nova: The match closes out with Allie hitting an Allie Valley Driver on Amber to score the pinfall.
Winner: Allie, by pinfall.
- "GFW World Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals, No DQ Match": LAX vs. The Veterans of War: The match closes out with Diamante getting involved and distracting the referee. Mayweather goes after Diamante, but gets smacked in the leg by Konnan with a bat. Homicide hits the ring and smacks Wilcox in the head with the Impact World Tag Team Championship. LAX hit their double team power bomb, score the pinfall and win the GFW World Tag Team Championship.
Winners: LAX, by pinfall, to win the GFW World Tag Team Championship.
- Backstage, Jeremy Borash is terrified of Scott Steiner and is dropping out of the tag match at Impact Slammiversary. Joseph Park says he'll train JB and tries to give him a motivational speech. JB tells Park he's lost his mind.
- "Impact X Division Championship Match": Low Ki (c) vs. Andrew Everett: Sonjay Dutt is on commentary with an eye patch on. Dutt thinks that Low Ki purposely tried to blind him last week. The match closes out with Everett missing the Shooting Star Press, as Low Ki gets his knees up for the block. Low Ki hits a running double foot stomp and then Warrior's Way to score the pinfall and retain his title.
Winner: Low Ki, by pinfall, to retain the Impact X Division Championship.
- Rockstar Spud returns and viciously attacks Swoggle, who's sitting in the crowd, with a hammer. Swoggle is left busted open by Spud.
- "GFW Global Championship, Six Sides Of Steel Match": Alberto El Patron (c) vs. Ethan Carter: The match closes out with Patron countering the TK3 and traps EC3 in the cross arm breaker submission. EC3 escapes and hits the TK3 for a near fall. EC3 hits a Liger Bomb on Patron for another near fall. EC3 mocks Patron with a salute and then climbs the cage wall. Patron follows where both men trade shots from the top of the cage. EC3 ends up in the tree of woe and Patron hits the double foot stomp by leaping off the cage. Patron goes to the top rope and hits a frog splash on EC3 to score the pinfall and retain his title.
Winner: Alberto El Patron, by pinfall, to retain the GFW Global Championship and become the new #1 Contender to the Impact World Championship.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
** ROH TV Recap **
This week's main event saw Cody Rhodes battle Frankie Kazarian. The Bullet Club officially welcome Marty Scurll to the group.
- The Bullet Club Promo: The Young Bucks officially welcome Marty Scurll to The Bullet Club, Scurll thanks them and promises big things for The Elite of The Bullet Club. Adam Cole interrupts, tells Bullet Club they were stupid to kick him out because he's the ROH franchise. Hangman Adam Page challenges Adam Cole to a match and promises to run Cole out of ROH. Cole accepts and we have a match for a future show.
- Josh Woods vs. David Starr: The match closes out with Woods unloading a knee strike on Starr and taking control of the match. Woods applies a rolling knee bar submission and makes Starr tap out.
Winner: Josh Woods, by submission.
- Silas Young/Beer City Bruiser Promo: Young says he's sick of Jay Lethal getting all the attention, considering Young beat Lethal a month ago because he has Lethal's number. Jay Lethal interrupts and brings a referee so he can shut Young's mouth tonight. Young backs down and volunteers Bruiser to fight tonight.
- Jay Lethal vs. Beer City Bruiser: The match closes out with Lethal suplexing Bruiser. Bruiser rolls outside as Lethal goes to the top rope. Lethal leaps off and takes out Bruiser with a cross body outside. Lethal then attacks Young and the referee throws out the match. Young and Bruiser double team Lethal until Bobby Fish hits the ring and makes the save.
Winner: No Contest.
- Cody Rhodes Promo: Cody says he should be ROH World Champion, but Christopher Daniels stole the win. Cody then blames ROH management, stating they don't want a free agent like Cody as their champion. Cody goes on about how he had Lethal pinned during the triple threat match, but they gave the win to Daniels. Kazarian finally interrupts and it's main event time.
- Cody Rhodes vs. Frankie Kazarian: The match closes out with Kazarian hitting a springboard cutter for a near fall. Kazarian counters Cross Rhodes and the Disaster Kick and connects with a heel kick. Cody rakes Kazarian in the eyes and connects with Cross Rhodes to score the pinfall. After the match, Hangman Adam Page attacks and beats down Kazarian until Christopher Daniels hits the ring and makes the save.
Winner: Cody Rhodes, by pinfall.
- Dalton Castle Contract News: Rumours have begun that ROH wrestler Dalton Castle may be heading to the WWE this summer as his ROH contract expires in June. WWE have apparently shown major interest in Castle. Rumors are stating that Castle will make the jump unless ROH offers a nice size contract.
*** Lucha Underground ***
** Lucha Underground TV Recap **
- "Lucha Underground World Championship, All Night Long Match": Johnny Mundo (c) vs. The Mack:
** First Fall: Mundo and Mack battle on the top rope. Mundo sends Mack to the mat and then hits End of the World to score the pinfall. Johnny Mundo leads 1-0.
** Second Fall: Mundo and Mack trade springboard leg lariats with each other. Mundo gets a cradle pinfall in on Mack, uses the ropes for leverage and steals another win. Johnny Mundo leads 2-0.
** Third Fall: Mack hits a release Exploder suplex on Mundo, forcing Mundo to roll outside. Mundo with a springboard cross body on Mack, but Mack catches Mundo in mid air and power bombs Mundo to score the pinfall. Johnny Mundo leads 2-1.
** Fourth Fall: Mundo hits Mack with a corkscrew plancha off the ropes and to the floor. Mundo, however, lands wrong on his leg and appears to have seriously injured it. Mack gets pushed back as medics check on how severe Mundo's injury is. Mundo is unable to continue as medics get ready to load Mundo onto a stretcher. Mundo suddenly pops up, low blows Mack and gets the pinfall. Mundo does jumping jacks, showing off his fake injury and takes a 3-1 lead.
** Fifth Fall: A very angry Mack beats down Mundo, chases him up The Temple's staircase in the crowd, straps Mundo onto the stretcher and then shoves him down The Temple's flight of stairs. Mundo is trying to unstrap himself at the bottom of the steps, but Mack flips Mundo off the stretcher, tosses him into the ring and then hits the Stunner on Mundo to score the pinfall. Johnny Mundo leads 3-2.
** Sixth Fall: PJ Black arrives and helps Mundo attack and beat down Mack with a kendo stick. Son of Havoc hits the ring and lays down stick shots of his own on Mundo and Black. Havoc gets beer from Dario Cueto and uses it to revive Mack. Mack unloads stick shots on Mundo and Black after coming to. Mundo and Black make a comeback, beat down Havoc and Mack, set up tables and then demand the in house Mariachi Band to play victory music. One of the Mariachi Band members hit a cross body on Mundo and Black and reveal themselves as Sexy Star. Mack grabs Mundo and hits a leaping Blue Thunder Driver through two tables and scores the pinfall. Johnny Mundo and The Mack are tied 3-3.
** The Last Fall: Mack lays down Mundo on a table and then climbs a ladder with 1 minute left. Ricky Mandel hits the ring and grabs Mack by the foot. Havoc and Sexy hit the ring again, where Havoc hits a springboard moonsault on Mandel. Mack frog splashes off the ladder and puts Mundo through the table with 30 seconds left. Mack can barely cover Mundo and when he finally does the match ends with the referee only getting a two count. The match ends tied 3-3.
Winner: No Contest
- Dario Cueto Promo: Cueto arrives, compliments both men on one hell of a match, but there are no ties in Lucha Underground. Cueto announces that next week the match will be restarted with the first person to score the pinfall winning the Lucha Underground World Championship. And if it goes all night until a victor is crowned, so be it. Mack hits a Stunner on Mundo and poses with the title to end the show.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
- Best Of Super Juniors 24 Tournament Finals Announced: NJPW has been having their nightly shows the past few weeks to determine this year's Best of the Super Juniors winner. This year's Finals will be last year's winner Will Ospreay taking on KUSHIDA for the Super Juniors Trophy. I'll be sure to keep you posted on the winner of this match.
*** Defy Wrestling ***
Defy 3: Swerve City was live in Seattle, Washington. CZW World Champion Lio Rush defended his title against Davey Richards, as CZW worked out a deal with Defy Wrestling to allow the CZW World Championship Match to take place at the event.
- Moose defeated Mike Santiago, by pinfall.
- The Cunninghams defeated Los Sexi-Mexis, by pinfall.
- Davey Richards sends a warning to CZW that if they want their World Championship back then they'll have to come back to Seattle and try to get it from him.
- Taya defeated Christina Von Eerie, by pinfall.
- Shane Strickland defeated John Morrison, by submission.
*** CZW Wrestling ***
- Davey Richards Sets A Record: This past week at Defy 3: Swerve City, Davey Richards defeated Lio Rush to win the CZW World Championship. Davey Richards is now the only wrestle to become a CZW World Champion, PWG World Champion and an ROH World Champion.
- Noam Dar Making A Special Appearance: ICW announced that current WWE Cruiserweight Noam Dar will make a special appearance at ICW Shug's Hoose Party 4 on July 29th. Dar will team up with Sha Samuels and battle Grado and ICW World Champion Joe Coffey.
- Kevin Nash Named Commissioner For One Night Only: Former WWE and WCW World Champion Kevin Nash announced this week that he will be at the ICW Fear and Loathing 10 event on November 19th. Nash will be the honorary Commissioner of ICW for that night at the event.
*** 5 Star Wrestling ***
- Tournament Canceled: 5 Star Wrestling made news again this week for the third week in a row, but it's not good news this time. 5 Star Wrestling has officially cancelled their huge 128 man tournament they had scheduled for this summer. The company stated that they will attempt to kick off the tournament in February of 2018. 5 Star Wrestling made news two weeks ago when they offered CM Punk $1 million to wrestle in the tournament, which Punk turned down. They again made news last week when they were able to sign Rob Van Dam for the tournament.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!