Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, has returned with your TNA Impact Recap Edition.
TNA Impact was live in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, where they will be spending most of their time in the first half of the year. Impact made its official debut last week on Pop TV and finally crowned a new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. His name is.....Ethan Carter, who became a 2-Time TNA World Champion. Kurt Angle announced his official "Retirement Tour" and wants nothing but 5 star matches from now until his contract with TNA expires. Tonight his first opponent was Drew Galloway. Last week also saw the return of.....BEER....MONEY! James Storm and Bobby Roode reunited and immediately began feuding with Eric Young and Bram. And let's not forgot about the big "Miracle" last Tuesday. The debut of Mike Bennett and his stunning wife Maria, formally from Ring Of Honor wrestling.
*** TNA Impact ***
- Ethan Carter Promo: EC3 talks about winning the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, thanks Tyrus for being loyal and will grant Tyrus his #1 Contenders Match soon. Tyrus says he never doubted or left EC3's side. Jeff Hardy's music hits and out comes the oldest Hardy brother. Hardy says he can't stand EC3's voice, calls EC3 a spoiled brat, but gives EC3 the respect of being the champion and winning it fair. Jeff Hardy then reveals his doctor's note stating he's cleared to wrestle and immediately challenges EC3 to a World Title Match. EC3 says that's something he's wanted for a long time, but denies Hardy his request, because he came off the DL and has to earn it. EC3 then announces a young upstart named Shyron to face Hardy and says Shyron will destroy Hardy.
- Jeff Hardy vs. Shyron: The match closes out with, Shyron blocking Twist Of Fate and ends up on the apron with Hardy. Hardy and Shyron trade forearms until Hardy takes control. Hardy hits a back breaker and a Twist Of Fate to pick up the pinfall.
Winner: Jeff Hardy, by pinfall.
- Backstage, The Dollhouse state that the Knockout's Division needed a shake up and thank Awesome Kong for her help. Kong says she's glad she's hated cause this is her house, she does what she wants and will hurt Gail Kim. The Beautiful People interrupt and tell Kong she needs to worry about BP and not Gail. A brawl breaks out and The Beautiful People are left laid out.
Winners: Awesome Kong and Jade, by pinfall.
- "TNA King of the Mountain Championship Match": Bobby Roode (c) (w/James Storm) vs. Eric Young (w/Bram): The match closes out with, Roode hitting a spinebuster for a near fall. Roode goes for a superplex, but Young bites Roode’s face. Roode gets back up and hits EY with the Roode Bomb. Bram pulls the referee out of the ring, as Roode made the cover. Storm goes after Bram and spits beer in Bram’s face. Bram ends up in the ring where Beer Money double suplex him. EY drops Storm and low blows Roode. EY lands the piledriver on Roode and scores the pinfall, winning the TNA King of the Mountain Championship.
Winner: Eric Young, by pinfall, to win the TNA King of the Mountain Championship.
- Backstage, Mr Anderson announces his new talk show and will ask Matt Hardy how he feels choking in the TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match last week.
- Backstage, Mike Bennett and Maria congratulate Ethan Carter. EC3 says he heard Bennett's comments last week and he should stay away from EC3. Bennett says he's trying to be nice and the title looks good on EC3 for now.
- Drew Galloway Promo: Galloway says that when he came up in wrestling, he hoped that one day he would wrestle Kurt Angle. Galloway guarantees we'll see a spectacle tonight. Tonight Angle has to prove that he is the greatest.
Winner: The Wolves and Tigre Uno, by pinfall.
- Backstage, The Hardy Brothers meet up. Jeff encourages Matt. Matt says he knows he can do what he has planned for Ethan Carter and Reby Sky demands to talk to Matt.
- Ethan Carter and Matt Hardy Face To Face: Both men meet in the ring and Matt makes his offer. Matt talks about coming up in the business and EC3 got it handed to him. Hardy offers EC3 the opportunity to take Hardy out of the business. Hardy puts his career on the line for one more shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. EC3 says he doesn't respect Matt, his legacy or his family. EC3 agrees to the match next week, but wants Last Man Standing rules. Hardy agrees to the stipulation and both men shake hands.
Winner: Kurt Angle, by pinfall.
- That ended this weeks Impact.