Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count, or we can call it the W3C for short if you like to shorten things up. W3C will bring you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, CZW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE/NXT ***
- Tag Tournament Final Original Plans: Due to Enzo suffering a concussion, the match between Enzo/Big Cass and The Vaudevillains to determine new #1 contenders at WWE Payback was halted. Sources have said that the original plan for the match ending was to have The Dudley Boys cost Enzo and Cass the match, which would have made The Vaudevillains the #1 Contenders.
- Is The Big Guy Done?: According to PWInsider, Ryback has been pulled from WWE TV indefinitely. Reason being due to Ryback's contract. Ryback's contract is set to expire over the summer and both parties have not come to an agreement on a new contract. Ryback has stated in the past that he has become frustrated with the direction his character has been going in.
- Bobby Roode Update: Bobby Roode was announced by the WWE UK Twitter account as being apart of the NXT UK Tour in June. The tweet was quickly deleted, however, as Bobby Roode hasn't officially been announced as apart of WWE yet, even though rumors have said he officially signed with the company a couple weeks ago.
- Wesley Blake Injury: According to PWInsider, Former NXT World Tag Team Champion, Wesley Blake, will be out of action due to a MCL injury. No time table has been set yet for his return.
- Kenneth Crawford Injury: NXT Up and comer Kenneth Crawford was seriously injured at an NXT show this weekend. Crawford was attempting a springboard, but slipped and hit the mat hard. Crawford was communicating with NXT medical, but was not moving his arms or legs as they loaded him onto a stretcher.
- Tamina Snuka Surgery: WWE Women's superstar, Tamina, underwent surgery on Monday afternoon to repair ligaments that she tore during a match last week. Tamina's manager Dany Garcia tweeted out the news. No time table has been given of when Tamina will be back.
- Let's Get Hardcore: WWE announced that they will be releasing a new WWE Hardcore 24/7 DVD/Blu-Ray soon. The discs will include some of the most memorable WWE Hardcore Championship matches in the company.
- #1 Contenders: As of now, WWE have announced that AJ Styles is the #1 Contender to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Rusev is the #1 Contender to the WWE United States Championship. The Vaudevillains are the #1 Contenders to the WWE World Tag Team Championship. Nattie Neidhart is the #1 Contender to the WWE Women's Championship. All four get their title shots at the upcoming Extreme Rules pay per view.
- Cena vs. Taker at WM33?: According to the man himself, Vince McMahon, he wants John Cena vs. The Undertaker for the Co-Main Event at Wrestlemania 33. Taker supposedly told McMahon he was retired after defeating Shane McMahon at WM32. Many feel, however, with a match against Cena on the table, Taker will bite.
- Adam Rose Suspension Update: Adam Rose made wrestling news this week after tweeting out that the WWE knew about the medication he was taking for his ADHD. Rose was suspended for violating the WWE Wellness Policy in April. Rose posted his doctor's note on Twitter and stated that the WWE knew about his medication and approved it. No word has been stated from WWE and Rose has since deleted all his posts.
- Possible WWE Tournaments: Daily Wrestling News recently stated that the WWE have been putting together an all women's tournament for the WWE Network. The idea will include current talent and non-roster talent. Also WWE is looking at having a 2nd Annual Dusty Rhodes Memorial Tag Team Tournament. The first tournament which Finn Balor and Samoa Joe won was a huge success.
- Bob Backlund Returns: This past week on Smackdown, former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, returned to WWE TV and agreed to be Darren Young's life coach.
*** TNA ***
-- Drew Galloway gets jumped in the gym by Bobby Lashley, locked in an octagon cage and Lashley fights Galloway MMA style till they're separated.
-- Jeff Hardy and Mike Bennett go face to face which ends with a brawl and a signed match. Jeff Hardy defeats Mike Bennett by DQ, after Bobby Lashley interferes.
-- Dixie Carter announces a #1 Contenders triple threat match between Jeff Hardy, Mike Bennett and Bobby Lashley. Dixie also announces Drew Galloway as the special guest referee.
-- James Storm has a face to face with The Decay, which ends with Storm clearing the ring and getting a match against Abyss. Abyss defeats James Storm, by pinfall with the Black Hole Slam.
-- Maria Bennett brings in a new Knockout named Sienna to beat down Jade, after Jade refused to lie down and allow Maria to pin her for the TNA Knockouts Championship.
-- Bram defeated Eddie Edwards, Jessie Godderz, Eli Drake and Andrew Everett in a King of the Mountain Match to retain the TNA King of the Mountain Championship.
-- Matt Hardy claims he can never wrestle again due to spinal injuries caused by Jeff Hardy.
-- Ethan Carter congratulates Mike Bennett for backing up his words and beating EC3. EC3 promises they will meet again.
-- Bobby Lashley defeated Jeff Hardy and Mike Bennett in a triple threat match, by pinfall after spearing Hardy, becoming the #1 Contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Drew Galloway and Bobby Lashley brawl after the match to end Impact.
- TNA Financial Troubles: According to Pro Wrestling Report, Bobby Roode and Eric Young both left TNA this past month due to TNA's financial issues. PWR reported that Roode and Young were still owed a combined six figure pay check and TNA had no way of paying their two veterans of TNA at that time. As of now TNA have paid Roode and Young everything they were owed and have gone separate ways.
- Re-Structuring Contracts: With the possible sale of TNA coming soon, TNA officials have been trying to re-structure contracts for all of their key talents that play huge roles in the company. The idea is for the company to control all of the talents bookings before the sale takes place. With everyone under an exclusive deal it could give them more of an asset value.
- Wrestlers Re-sign: TNA have announced that Jessie Godderz, Robbie E, Eli Drake and Crazy Steve have all signed new TNA contracts. Also Sienna and Caleb Konley have signed TNA contracts.
- Best Of The Asylum: TNA announced that they will be releasing a Best Of The Asylum Years Vol. 2 soon. The DVD/Blu-Ray will include more memorable matches from when TNA filmed in The Asylum from 2002-2004, before moving to Universal Studios and the Impact Zone.
*** Ring Of Honor ***
- ROH TV Results 5/1/16:
-- Tomokai Honma, Moose, Michael Elgin and Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated The Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Cody Hall, Yuriko Takahashi and Tama Tonga), by pinfall in an eight man tag team match, after Moose speared Cody Hall.
- ROH Debut: ROH recently debuted Kamaitachi (Hiromu Takahashi) last weekend and was happy to announce that Kamaitachi has signed a full-time deal with ROH.
- B.J. Whitmer Update: ROH announced that Whitmer has been cleared to return to wrestling after suffering a concussion back in April.
- Upcoming Pay Per View: On May 8th, ROH will again team up with NJPW and present Global Wars 2016. The main event will be ROH World Champion, Jay Lethal, defending the title against Colt Cabana. I'll have a full recap for this event on Triple Threat CLE.
*** LUCHA UNDERGROUND ***
- Lucha Underground TV Results 5/4/16:
-- Catrina tells Dario she's denying Mil Muertes a rematch. Dario announces Muertes vs. Matanza next week in a "Grave Consequences Match".
-- Mack defeated Marty The Moth, by pinfall, with two stunners to win a medallion.
-- Famous B interrupts Melissa Santos to introduce his new client, Mascarita Sagrada.
-- Cage defeated Mascarita Sagrada, by pinfall, with an F-5. After the match, Chavo Guerrero stole Cage's medallion.
-- Sexy Star defeated Mariposa, by submission to a cross armbar in an "I Quit Match". The talk of this match was when Sexy Star was trapped in a submission hold and the referee asked her if she quit, her response loud and proud was "F*** You!".
*** GFW ***
- GFW Signings: After the list of names that WWE released from the company on Friday, GFW swooped in and signed Hornswoggle and Zeb Colter.
*** NJPW ***
- Title Changes: NJPW held their NJPW Wrestling Dontaku wrestling event this week. Wrestling Dontaku had a couple title changes on the card. Matt Sydal and Ricochet defeated Roppongi Vice to become IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. Kenny Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin and Yos--tatsu to become NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions. Yuji Nagata defeated Katsuyori Shibata to become NEVER Openweight Champion.
*** OTHER NEWS ***
- The Brain Hospitalized: "Mean" Gene Okerlund tweeted out on Wednesday that Hall of Famer, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan had been hospitalized after suffering a major fall. Heenan is known for being probably one of the greatest managers of all time in the wrestling business. Get well Brain.
- Kurt Angle Indy Match: Revolution Pro Wrestling is happy to announce that Kurt Angle will main event their next show on June 12th. Kurt Angle will battle Zack Sabre Jr. one on one.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!