Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, CZW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE/NXT ***
- WWE Returns Coming: Vince McMahon recently stated during the WWE's first quarter earnings business meeting that at least four wrestlers will be back from injuries by the end of June. McMahon mentioned John Cena, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton returning by the end of June. Cena's return has already been announced, but the other three have not been announced as of yet.
- Dana Brooke Debut: This past week on RAW, NXT women's superstar Dana Brooke, made her main roster debut. Brooke attacked Becky Lynch and rejoined her partner from NXT, Emma.
- When Will Brock Lesnar Return?: As of now WWE have no plans for a Lesnar return until around August for Summer Slam. WWE have been going back and forth on whether or not to have Lesnar feud with Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman when he returns. As of now WWE have no plans for any particular feud as of yet for Lesnar.
- More Releases Coming: Last week the WWE cleaned out the locker room and released eight superstars from its payroll. PWInsider has reported that the WWE are expected to make more releases sometime before the end of May.
- AJ Given Rest: WWE officials have reported that AJ Styles has been suffering from a few nagging injuries recently. WWE have already pulled Styles from all house shows from now until WWE Extreme Rules. The WWE obviously want Styles at 100% going into the main event at Extreme Rules vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
- New NXT Head Writer: Former Tampa Tribune writer Joe Belcastro was announced as the new head writer for NXT. Belcastro will be working directly under Triple H. Belcastro will be replacing Ryan Ward who did a great job with the company.
- Kenneth Crawford Update: Last week it was reported that NXT up and comer, Kenneth Crawford, slipped and hit the mat hard, attempting a springboard. Crawford has since been released from the hospital with all tests negative.
- WWE Live Hawaii Show: WWE have begun advertising for their June 29th live show in Honolulu, Hawaii. Local advertising have been announcing that there will be a double main event on the show. Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens and John Cena vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. For both matches It'll be the first time either have faced each other in a one on one match. Also advertised was Charlotte vs. Asuka, but this match also hasn't been made official yet. The show is already sold out and will be televised live on WWE Network.
- Vince Russo Comments On Chyna: Not only were the wrestling fans very vocal about Stephanie's comments about Chyna, but so was former WWE/WCW writer Vince Russo. Russo blogged the following after Stephanie's TMZ interview:
"It's so sad that Joan Laurer had to actually DIE in order to be recognized by the WWE. Honestly, mere words here cannot even start to describe how sad, pathetic and just out right disgusting that is. While she was on this planet Vince, Hunter and Stephanie didn't even have the decency to treat her like a human being, let alone someone who contributed to their overall success over the years. But in her death . . . she is SURE to get in the Hall of Fame."
*** TNA ***
-- Jeff Hardy demands Abyss and Crazy Steve to tell him who paid them to attack him. James Storm interrupts and cashes in his Feast Or Fired briefcase with Jeff Hardy as his tag team partner.
-- Abyss and Crazy Steve defeats James Storm and Jeff Hardy, by pinfall, with the Black Hole Slam, to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship. Someone dressed as Jeff Hardy's alter ego "Willow" appeared and distracted Hardy.
-- Drew Galloway and Bobby Lashley argue over respect and decide to face each other next week.
-- Drew Galloway defeats Eli Drake, by pinfall, with the Claymore.
-- Ethan Carter wants another shot at Mike Bennett. Maria Bennett claims that Billy Corgan said EC3 has to win a six sides of steel match against a mystery opponent later, in order to even possibly be considered for another shot at Bennett.
-- Jade vs. Gail Kim ends in a no contest, after Sienna attacks and beats down both ladies.
-- Al Snow says he's going to make wrestling amazing again.
-- Shera defeats Al Snow, by pinfall, after the Sky High. Grado helped by stopping Snow from using a weapon.
-- Jeff Hardy finds and attacks "Willow" backstage. A second "Willow" appears and attacks Hardy from behind.
-- EC3's mystery opponent is announced as Rockstar Spud.
-- EC3 defeats Rockstar Spud in a "Six Sides Of Steel Match", by pinfall, with the One Percenter.
- Ethan Carter Rips The WWE: Ethan Carter recently interfered in a match at at EVOLVE 61 show, helping Drew Galloway. But what grabbed everyone's attention is what happened after the match. Carter grabbed a microphone and went on a WWE tirade. Carter mocked the WWE Performance Center, NXT and former NXT coach Bill DeMott. Carter stated that both he and Galloway became World Champions on their own and that the "King of Kings" (Triple H) blew it on what he could've had in the WWE.
- New Television Champion: If you missed Global Wars 2016 this past Sunday, Bobby Fish was crowned the new ROH Television Champion, after defeating Ishii.
- New World Tag Team Champions: Only one day removed from the Global Wars pay per view and new world tag team champions were crowned. The Addiction, Daniels and Kazarian defeated War Machine, in what many have consided an upset
- New Additions To The Bullet Club: If you missed Global Wars 2016 this past Sunday, The Bullet Club added a new member. Adam Cole joined the BC and joined in on the show takeover at the pay per view end. Also during ROH tapings for the week, Adam Page officially joined after helping The Bullet Club hang Chris Sabin from a noose.
- Nick Jackson Possible Injury: Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks was injured in TV tapings this past Wednesday according to F4Wonline. Nick was scheduled to wrestle in the main event, but did not due to a possible broken rib.
- Moose and Roderick Strong's Contracts: ROH recently stated that both Moose and Roderick Strong's ROH contracts are expiring soon and both have yet to resign with the company. Rumors are that WWE, TNA and NJPW are all interested in signing Moose.
- Cedric Alexander Says Goodbye: This past Friday, Cedric Alexander announced that he has left Ring Of Honor after five years with the company. It is unknown why he left or if he plans to join a new organization.
*** LUCHA UNDERGROUND ***
-- Dario meets with his employers investigator.
-- Joey Ryan defeated Cortez Castro and Mr Cisco, by pinfall, in a triple threat match, to win an Aztec Medallion.
-- Catrina says Mil Muertes will win tonight and become immortal. Dario, meanwhile, sneaks into Muertes' shrine.
-- Rey Mysterio, Prince Puma and El Azteca defeated Ivelisse, Son of Havoc and Johnny Mundo, by pinfall, after Puma splashes Havoc, to retain the Lucha Underground Trios Championship. Taya attacks Ivelisse after the match.
-- Matanza defeated Mil Muertes, in a Graver Consequences Match, after hitting Wraith of Gods on Mil into a casket. Mantanza knocked out Catrina with a steel chair shot, put her into a casket, but she mysteriously disappeared.
-- Lucha Underground ends with a limo arriving.
- King Cuerno Injury: Lucha Underground recently announced that King Cuerno sustained a back injury and will be needing surgery. He'll be out for at least two months while he recovers.
*** GFW ***
- Damien Sandow Signs: GFW officially announced that Damien Sandow will be apart of the June 11th GFW show. This will also be the same show that Hornswoggle and Zeb Colter will debut at. All three were released by WWE last week.
- House Of Hardcore 14 Recap:
-- Bull James (Bull Dempsey) defeated Eddie Kingston.
-- CJ Mirror, Psycho Mike and Hacker Scotty defeated Beta, Adam Brooks and Ben Ortiz in a "Six Man Tag Team Match".
-- Colt Cabana defeated Chris Hero.
-- Magnus defeated Cody Deaner, after Magnus revealed himself as Deaner's mystery opponent.
-- Rhino defeated Moose.
-- Tony Nese defeated RJ City and Alex Reynolds in a "Double Elimination Triple Threat Match".
-- Tommy Dreamer and Mickie James defeated Pepper Parks and Cherry Bomb, in an "Intergender Tag Team Match". TJ Marconi interfered after the match, but local bodybuilder Mindi O'Brien made the save for Dreamer and James.
-- Bobby Roode defeated Eric Young in an "All Ontario Match". Jimmy Korderas served as special guest referee.
*** OTHER NEWS ***
- Kurt Angle Indy Match: Last week it was announced that Angle would face Zack Sabre Jr. on June 12th. This week Angle himself announced he will be competing for a IWC show in Glasgow, Scotland at IWC Fear and Loathing IX. The event takes place on November 20th. As of this writing, Angle's opponent is still unknown.
- Bobby Heenan Update: Last week it was reported that Bobby "The Brain" Heenan had been hospitalized due to a fall. It has been reported that Heenan has since been released and is back at home. The doctors have said that Heenan suffered from low blood pressure, which caused him to fall.
- Andre The Giant Biopic: Entertainment Weekly announced that Lion Forge Comics and producers Scott Steindorff and Dylan Russell are developing an Andre The Giant biopic. The film will be based on Andre's graphic novel biography, entitled Closer To Heaven. The film will chronicle Andre growing up as a farm boy and becoming the huge WWE icon that we knew him by. Andre's daughter, Robin Christensen-Roussimoff, will also consult on the film.
- Update On Dolph Ziggler's Brother: A few weeks back, Donald Nemeth (Brother of Dolph Ziggler) was wanted for murder in Cleveland, Ohio. Nemeth was arrested on April 28th and indicted on May 6th. Nemeth appeared in court on May 12th and pleaded "not guilty" to aggravated murder, murder, kidnapping and felonious assault charges, in the death of Marine Corps veteran Joshua Mascol, at a downtown Cleveland hotel, during a botched drug deal. Nemeth currently is being held on $1 million dollar bond and Cleveland police are looking for a possible second suspect.
- Marc Mero Health Issues: Former WWE and WCW superstar Marc Mero was diagnosed with heart problems this past week. Mero will be in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday to receive heart surgery. Mero has been fighting heart issues since 2007.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!