- Wisconsin basketball coach Bo Ryan announced he is going to retire after next season. Ryan has led the Badgers to back to back Final Four appearances. His hope is longtime assistant Bob Gard succeeds him in Madison. Ryan informed his players and assistants Monday morning, with numerous sources indicating he would have retired in the spring if the Badgers defeated Duke in the national championship game. Prior to taking over at Wisconsin for Dick Bennett, Ryan spent two seasons at Milwaukee. He was at Division III, Wisconsin-Platteville for 15 seasons.
-According to various sources the Cleveland Cavaliers are prepared to offer Kevin Love a 5-year, max contract worth $110M on July 1st.
- Cavs forward Mike Miller has opted into his $2.8M deal for 2015-16.
- The Hockey Hall of Fame class of 2015 will include Chris Pronger, Nick Lidstrom, Sergei Federov, Phil Housley, Angela Ruggiero, Bill Hay, and Peter Karmanos.
Wade to Cleveland is really not as crazy as it sounds. Wade wants to recoup the money he left on the table from Miami. Not the team he could potentially sign with. Miami is in rebuilding mode. By the time they get good, it will be time for him to retire. If he wants another ring or two and wants to play with his friend LeBron James, he would take the pay cut and give his friend a solid.
- In other Heat news, Luol Deng has opted in to his contract and is staying with the Heat this upcoming season. He is scheduled to make $10.1M this season.
- The Brooklyn Nets and Memphis Grizzlies have discussed a potential trade that would send Joe Johnson and his $24M contract to Memphis.
- Major League Baseball has accounted a new format in the home run derby. The format will include bracket play that is timed in 5 minute intervals. Additional time will be added for distance and home runs. The bracket below will explain the format.