It's the Weekend 3 Count, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE. The W3C, brings you news and rumors going on around the wrestling world. Whether it's WWE, NXT, TNA, GFW, ROH, Lucha Underground or the independent wrestling scene, I'll talk about it.
*** WWE and NXT News ***
- If you missed the WWE Money In The Bank pay per view on Sunday, be sure to check out my Money In The Bank recap edition.
- HERE COMES THE PAIN!: Brock Lesnar made his return this past Monday on RAW. Lesnar will face Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Battleground.
- Sheamus has gone to Twitter and asked the WWE Universe to be his eyes and ears, when it comes time to cash in his money in the bank briefcase. Sheamus is asking fans to tweet him on Twitter with the hash tag #cashinnow when they think he should try to cash in for the world title.
- WWE recently made the RAW commentary change putting Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton on air together. WWE has stated that Saxton may be the replacement at the moment until Booker T. finishes filming Tough Enough and returns.
- NXT newcomer Uhaa Nation worked an NXT dark match this week. His TV debut will be coming up shortly.
- NXT superstar Hideo Itami announced he will be back to wrestling in 3-4 months.
- NXT superstar Sami Zayn announced he'll be out the rest of 2015.
- WWE will also be releasing a new Sting DVD/BluRay set. The set will be released early to late October.
- The following is the listing for the DVD/Blu-Ray of The Kliq coming out soon this summer right HERE.
*** TNA News ***
- TNA announced the reason they dropped Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III at Slammiversary for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, was due to spoilers. TNA is currently taping Impact episodes that will air after Slammiversary. Which means the good old internet would have given away whether Angle or Carter was the champion before Slammiversary even takes place, which would have told us who wins at Slammiversary.
- Gunner tweeted out on his Twitter that he has left TNA and looking for any independent shows to work.
*** GFW News ***
- GFW have continued their Grand Slam tour of minor league ballparks, promoting the GFW promotion.
- Former TNA announcer and sales manager, Don West, has been hinting at possibly joining GFW.
- This past Wednesday on Ring Of Honor on Destination America. Jay Lethal and Jack Briscoe had their official contract signing. The match would take place at ROH's Best In The World pay per view. It'll be a 60 minute time limit one fall match, with Briscoe's ROH World Heavyweight Championship and Lethal's ROH Television Championship both on the line.
- This past Wednesday's show also saw Cedric Alexander defeat Moose in a one on one match. Moose's ROH undefeated streak has come to an end.
- This past Wednesday's show also saw Colby Corino take another beating, this time from War Machine. Corino's dad, ECW Icon, Steve Corino, looked worried for his son this time. Steve Corino even had words with BJ Whitmer after the match. Whitmer has been the one behind making Colby fight for him every week.
1. Cheeseburger defeated Will Ferrara, J. Diesel and Romantic Touch in a "Fatal Four Way Match".
2. Mark Briscoe defeated Donovan Dijack.
3. BJ Whitmer and Adam Page defeated Matt Sydal and ACH.
4. Dalton Castle defeated Silas Young.
5. War Machine defeated C&C Wrestle Factory.
7. AJ Styles and The Young Bucks defeated Adam Cole, Mike Bennett and Matt Taven.
8. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian defeated reDragon to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championship.
9. Jay Lethal defeated Jay Briscoe to retain the ROH Television Championship and win the ROH World Heavyweight Championship.
*** Lucha Underground News ***
*** Other Wrestling News ***
- Bill Goldberg made a surprise return at the Legends of Wrestling event this week. Goldberg got involved in the Scott Steiner vs. Rob Van Dam match. Goldberg speared Steiner and also hit the Jackhammer on Doc Gallows. You can check that video out here.
- Scott Hall announced that he has checked himself into rehab yet again. Hall is still fighting alcohol addiction.
- Former WWE Intercontinental Champion, Chyna, has gone on Twitter and started a campaign to get into the WWE Hall of Fame. In case you missed Triple H when he was on Steve Austin's podcast. Triple H basically made it clear that it would be almost impossible for Chyna to get in, due to past career choices.
- And speaking of CM Punk, his current UFC debut is now looking to be bumped up to early 2016, instead of the originally planned late 2015 goal.
And that's your Weekend 3 Count. Join me next Sunday afternoon for more news and rumors around the wrestling world.