Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, GFW, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, PWG, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
** Theme Song Of The Week **
This week's theme song goes to the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion Kalisto. Kalisto defeated Enzo Amore this past week on RAW to win the title.
*** WWE ***
- The Usos Win Tag Team Championship: If you missed WWE Hell In A Cell last weekend, The Usos defeated The New Day inside the Hell In A Cell to win the WWE Smackdown Live World Tag Team Championship.
- Baron Corbin Wins United States Championship: If you missed WWE Hell In A Cell last weekend, Baron Corbin defeated AJ Styles and Tye Dillinger to win the WWE United States Championship.
- Kalisto Wins WWE Cruiserweight Championship: If you missed RAW this past week Kalisto defeated Enzo Amore to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- The Shield Reunite: The Shield officially reunited this past week on RAW and took out The Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro and Braun Strowman.
- Sami Zayn Turns Heel: If you missed WWE Hell In A Cell last weekend, Sami Zayn made a heel turn as he assisted Kevin Owens in his victory over Shane McMahon.
- Bray Wyatt Introduces Sister Abigail: This past week on RAW, Bray Wyatt officially introduced Sister Abigail to Finn Balor. Bray appeared in a black veil and spoke in a demonic woman's voice. It appears that Bray will dress and act like Sister Abigail as his split personality.
- Neville Asks For Release: Rumors stated on Tuesday that Neville asked for his release from WWE after he was originally booked to face Enzo Amore and lose this past Monday on RAW. It's unknown if this is the main reason why Neville requested his release or if there is more reasons.
- Neville Update: As the week has gone on there has been no legit story as to whether or not Neville asked for his release and whether it's been granted or not. There have been many wrestlers on Twitter, however, trying to convince Neville to make the jump to either Ring of Honor or NJPW.
- Survivor Series News: According to sources, WWE may be planning a RAW vs. Smackdown Live theme for this year's event. Two matches that have already been talked about is a Non Title Champion vs. Champion match between Brock Lesnar and Jinder Mahal. Another match that has been talked about is Team Kevin Owens vs. Team Shane McMahon.
- Big Show News: According to sources, Big Show was originally stated to be retiring in January of 2018. Rumors are that Show is rehabbing his current injury and wants to make a return next year.
- Conor McGregor In Talks With WWE: Sources have stated that UFC fighter Conor McGregor is currently in talks with the WWE for a one time only appearance at Wrestlemania 34.
** 205 Live Recap **
The main event of the show saw WWE Cruiserweight Champion Kalisto and Mustafa Ali battle Enzo Amore and Ariya Daivari.
- Kalisto Promo: New WWE Cruiserweight Champion Kalisto is in the ring to celebrate his title win on RAW. Kalisto says it's a dream come true, he did it on Eddie Guerrero's birthday and he will bring honor and respect to the title. Enzo Amore interrupts. Enzo says he put 205 Live on his back, Kalisto can't do it and calls Kalisto a hypocrite for using Mustafa Ali to help him win the title. Enzo guarantees he's winning the title back at WWE TLC. Ariya Daivari tries to attack Kalisto from behind, but gets caught. Enzo and Daivari 2 on 1 beat down Kalisto until Mustafa Ali hits the ring for the save.
- "Two Out of Three Falls Match": Rich Swann vs. TJ Perkins:
** First Fall: Perkins goes for the knee bar submission on Swann, but Swann counters it and scores the pinfall to take the 1-0 lead.
** Second Fall: Both men take each other out with double clotheslines. Perkins cuts off Swann on the top rope. Perkins takes down Swann and applies the knee bar submission. Swann escapes and gets a near fall running Phoenix Splash on Perkins. Swann goes to the top rope and hits another Phoenix Splash to score the pinfall and sweep the match 2-0.
Winner: Rich Swann.
- Backstage, Drew Gulak applauds Enzo Amore for sticking to his guns. Gulak can't stand Kalisto and thanks Enzo for finally waking him up to this realization.
- Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak: Before the match can even start, Gulak attacks Tozawa on the stage. Gulak stomps on Tozawa, hits him with his protesting sign in the throat and sends Tozawa into the LED board before walking out.
Winner: No Contest.
- Backstage, Cedric Alexander is interviewed. Alexander says he's not afraid to get his hands dirty against Brian Kendrick and Jack Gallagher. He's not backing down and he will be ready for their next attack.
- Mustafa Ali and Kalisto vs. Enzo Amore and Ariya Daivari: The match closes out with Kalisto hot tagging and unloading on Enzo and Daivari. Ali and Kalisto hit double suicide dives. Back in the ring, Kalisto gets distracted as Enzo sends Ali face first into the ring post. Kalisto kicks out of a Daivari pinfall and hits Salida Del Sol for his own pinfall.
Winners: Kalisto and Mustafa Ali, by pinfall.
- New Undisputed Era Member: This past week on NXT TV, Taynara Conti was revealed as the fourth member of the Undisputed Era faction, as she arrived with Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly before attacking Nikki Cross.
*** Impact Wrestling ***
** Impact TV Recap **
This week's main event saw Johnny Impact battle Garza Jr. to determine a new #1 Contender to the Impact World Heavyweight Championship.
- LAX Promo: LAX are ready for their 5150 Street Fight Match against oVe at Bound For Glory. Santana wants to fight someone tonight. oVe arrives with steel chairs and state they fight tonight in any kind of match. Diamante says they're fighting all of them in a 5150 Street Fight Match at Bound For Glory and then slaps Dave Crist in the face. A brawl breaks out which ends with Dave getting laid out with a cutter on a chair and Jake getting tossed through a table.
- Rosemary vs. Anna Harper: The match closes out with Rosemary making quick work of Anna with the Red Wedding for the pinfall.
Winner: Rosemary, by pinfall.
- After the match, Rosemary invites Taya Valkyrie to come dance with the devil. Taya arrives and goes face to face with Rosemary. Rosemary attempts to mist Taya, but Taya blocks it and mists Rosemary in the face. Taya lays out Rosemary with Road to Valhalla to end the segment.
- Taryn Terrell Promo: Taryn mocks Gail Kim and her husband which immediately brings Gail out. Gail says the mind games won't work and karma will eventually slap Taryn in the face. Gail slaps Taryn and stomps away on her until she escapes the ring to end the segment.
- Backstage, Sienna plans to destroy Allie tonight. Texano promotes AAA Wrestling. Caleb Konley is out next and says their match tonight is dedicated to his friend Trevor Lee.
- In a parking lot, Grado seems to have more issues with Joseph Park as Park refers to Grado as being a meal ticket towards him.
- "Six Person Tag Team Match": Sienna, Caleb Konley, and Texano vs. Allie, Dezmond Xavier, and James Storm: The match closes out with Konley slapping Xavier. Xavier comes back and kicks Konley in the face. Xavier goes to the top rope, but gets tripped up by Trevor Lee. Storm hits the Last Call on Konley and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Allie, Dezmond Xavier and James Storm, by pinfall.
- At LAX's Headquarters, LAX laugh that they got oVe to accept their match at Bound For Glory.
- Moose is shown with former MMA fighter Stephan Bonnar, both with metal pipes and arriving at Bobby Lashley's MMA Fight Team's facility.
- "#1 Contenders Match": Johnny Impact vs. Garza Jr.: The match closes out with Garza going to the top rope, but gets kicked by Impact. Impact goes for a superplex, but Garza shoves him away. Garza gets a near fall drop kick on Impact. Both men trade offense and pinfall until Impact holds a pinfall for the victory.
Winner: Johnny Impact, by pinfall, to become the new #1 Contender to the Impact World Heavyweight Championship.
- After the match, Chris Adonis hits Impact in the back of the head with a piece of wood.
- At Bobby Lashley's MMA Fight Team's facility, Moose and Stephan Bonnar destroy the trophy cases, trophies and dump all their memorabilia on the floor before leaving to end the show.
- Global Wrestling Network News: This past week Impact Wrestling officially kicked off the Global Wrestling Network. GWN will highlight the entire 16 year history of NWA/TNA/Impact/GFW history. The cost for the network is 7.99 a month.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
** ROH TV Recap **
The main event of the show saw The Young Bucks and Hangman Adam Page defend the ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship against Silas Young, The Beer City Bruiser and Minoru Suzuki.
- "ROH Television Championship Match": Kenny King (c) vs. Josh Woods: The match closes out with Woods applying a choke hold on King. King is able to counter out of it and get the rollup pinfall to retain his title.
Winner: Kenny King, by pinfall, to retain the ROH Television Championship.
- After the match, King says he'll take on all comers and defend the title against anyone. Shane Taylor, Chuckie T, Punishment Martinez and Mark Briscoe all interrupt and demand title shots. King says they'll all have to bow down to the King if they want title shots.
- Jay Briscoe Promo: Jay Briscoe is about to explain why he attacked Bully Ray at Death Before Dishonor, but gets interrupted by Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer tells Jay old stories about how tough Bully Ray is, but after what Jay did to Bully at Death Before Dishonor, Bully's career may be over. Dreamer tells Jay that he messed up and this will come back on Jay and he has no idea what hell will come with it. Jay looks a little concerned and walks out to end the segment.
- "ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship Match": The Young Bucks and Hangman Adam Page (c) vs. Silas Young, The Beer City Bruiser and Minoru Suzuki: The match closes out with Hangman hitting the Indytaker on Young outside. Hangman hits the Rite of Passage on Bruiser and scores the pinfall to retain the titles.
Winners: The Young Bucks and Hangman Adam Page, by pinfall, to retain the ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship.
- After the match, Bruiser blames Suzuki for their loss and they begin brawling. ROH officials have to separate Young, Bruiser and Suzuki to end the show.
*** Lucha Underground ***
** Ultima Lucha Tres **
This week was part 3 of 4 of the Lucha Underground season finale.
- "Last Luchadora Standing Match": Taya vs. Sexy Star: The match closes out with both ladies brawling into the crowd. Taya unloads chops and then grabs a table. Taya stacks some tables and then trades kicks with Sexy. Both ladies fight into the upper balcony and trade chops. Both ladies fight into the camera deck area and both end up falling and crashing through the stacked tables. The referee counts to 10 with Sexy Star barely answering the count for the win.
Winner: Sexy Star.
Winners: The Mack, Dante Fox and Killshot, by pinfall, to win the Lucha Underground Trios Championship.
- "Lucha Underground Gift of The Gods Championship, Ladder Match": Pentagon vs. Son of Havoc: The match closes out with Havoc beating down Pentagon and then stacking steel chairs. Pentagon hits the package piledriver on the chairs. Pentagon sets up a bridged ladder against the ropes and then sets up a table. Havoc is laid on the table and then Pentagon climbs the ladder. Havoc cuts off Pentagon, Pentagon unloads kicks and both men brawl while on the bridged ladder. Pentagon tosses Havoc off and right through a table. Pentagon climbs the ladder and grabs the title for the victory.
Winner: Pentagon, to win the Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Championship.
- At Vampiro's Lair, Vampiro tells Prince Puma to defeat Johnny Mundo so he can save his career and win the title. Puma agrees with his mission. A mystery voice applauds Vampiro on doing a great job. Vampiro thanks the voice and calls it master.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
** King of Pro Wrestling **
NJPW returned with their King of Pro Wrestling pay per view. Kazuchika Okada defended his IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Evil. Tetsuya Naito defended his Wrestle Kingdom 12 briefcase against Tomohiro Ishii.
Winners: Sanada, Hiromu Takahashi and Bushi, by pinfall.
- Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto vs. Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr.: The match closes out with Yano and Suzuki brawling outside. Yano lands a low blow on Suzuki and beats the 20 count for the win.
Winners: Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto, by countout.
- "IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship Match": Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu): The match closes out with Ricochet getting a rollup into a double foot stomp. Roppongi 3K regain control, hit the double team Flatliner, score the pinfall and win the titles.
Winners: Roppongi 3K, by pinfall, to win the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship.
- "IWGP Tag Team Championship, Tornado Rules, Elimination Match": The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs. War Machine (Hanson and Rowe) vs. Guerillas of Destiny (Tanga Loa and Tama Tonga): KES score the first fall elimination on GOD. Loa crashes into a steel chair wedged in the corner and gets pinned with the Killer Bomb. The match closes out with War Machine attempting to put Archer through a table. Smith makes the save, KES hit a Killer Bomb right through the table, score the pinfall and retain their titles.
Winners: Killer Elite Squad, to retain the IWGP Tag Team Championship.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": Yoshi Hashi, Beretta and Jado vs. Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes and Marty Scurll: The match closes out with all six men brawling. Jado traps Scurll in a cross face submission. Scurll counters out of it, applies the chicken wing submission and gets Jado to tap out.
Winners: Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes and Marty Scurll, by submission.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson: The match closes out with Makabe going for the King Kong knee drop, but comes up empty. Juice hits Pulp Friction and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson, by pinfall.
- "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match": Kushida (c) vs. Will Ospreay: The match closes out with Kushida countering the OsCutter into the Hoverboard Lock submission. Ospreay escapes, counters Back To The Future, but gets hit with a Kushida Cutter. Ospreay catches Kushida with a flapjack and follows with the OsCutter to score the pinfall and win the title.
Winner: Will Ospreay, by pinfall, to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship.
- After the match, Hiromu Takahashi arrives but so does Marty Scurll, who breaks Takahashi's fingers. Scurll makes an open challenge to Ospreay.
- "WrestleKingdom 12 Briefcase Match": G1 Winner Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii: The match closes out with Naito countering a brain buster and gets a near fall Destino on Ishii. Naito hits a second Destino on Ishii and scores the pinfall, to retain his briefcase.
Winner: Tetsuya Naito, by pinfall, to retain the Wrestle Kingdom 12 Breifcase.
- "IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match": Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Evil: The match closes out with Evil countering the Rainmaker with a head butt and a near fall. Okada counters Everything Is Evil and hits the Rainmaker on Evil. Okada hits a Tombstone and another Rainmaker to score the pinfall to retain his title.
Winner: Kazuchika Okada, by pinfall, to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!