Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, GFW, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, PWG, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
** Theme Song Of The Week **
This week's theme song is dedicated to the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore.
*** WWE ***
- Asuka's Debut: This past weekend at WWE No Mercy it was announced that Asuka will make her official debut with RAW at WWE TLC in four weeks.
- Jeff Hardy Injury: Sources have stated this past week that Jeff Hardy may be taking some time off soon for a nagging shoulder injury. Sources are also saying that the shoulder injury may require surgery and it's unknown when Hardy plans to take time off for the surgery.
- Mike and Maria Kanellis Expecting: Mike and Maria Kanellis announced this past week that Maria is with child and they will be expecting their first born some time around Wrestlemania season.
- The Club Make A Challenge: This past week, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson went to Twitter and challenged The Rock N Roll Express to a tag team match at WWE Starrcade in November. Ricky Morton responded back and is all for the match.
** 205 Live Recap **
This week's main event saw Neville battle Ariya Daivari in one on one action.
- Enzo Amore Promo: Enzo comes out on a crutch after his ass kicking on RAW. Enzo says he's a star and a champion despite getting beat down on RAW. Enzo mocks Neville and says Neville has to look in the mirror every morning and see that he's an ugly man. Enzo says his mother was in the crowd and cried when he got beat down on RAW. Enzo reminds everyone that he had a no contact clause, Neville attacked him and then the entire 205 Live roster attacked him after RAW. Enzo announces that it looks like he's going to be the WWE Cruiserweight Champion for a long time because there is no one left to defend it against, to end the segment.
Winner: Akira Tozawa, by pinfall.
- After the match, Drew Gulak marches around the ring and starts another protest. Gulak informs Tozawa that he's breaking Gulak's rules for a better 205 Live. Tozawa connects with a kick to shut up Gulak and sends him outside.
- Backstage, Ariya Daivari apologizes to Enzo for what happened to him on RAW, but Enzo doesn't accept the apology. Daivari says it was peer pressure from Neville that made him do it. Daivari continues to hype up Enzo as the next big thing, but Enzo says that Daivari has to prove himself. Enzo agrees to be in Daivari's corner tonight against Neville so Daivari can prove himself.
- TJ Perkins vs. Lince Dorado: The match never happens as Rich Swann hits the ring and beats down TJP. TJP escapes and retreats through the crowd.
Winner: No Contest.
- Backstage, Brian Kendrick and Jack Gallagher plot their next attack on Cedric Alexander.
Winner: Neville, by submission.
- After the match, Enzo attacks and smacks Neville with his crutch repeatedly. Enzo talks trash as he ground and pounds Neville. Officials finally pull Enzo off Neville to end the show.
*** GFW Impact Wrestling ***
** Impact TV Recap **
This week's show was the made for TV Victory Road event. The main event of the show saw Eli Drake defend his Impact World Heavyweight Championship against Johnny Impact.
- "Impact X Division Championship Match": Trevor Lee (c) vs. Petey Williams: The match closes out with Williams hitting a suicide dive on Caleb Konley outside and then hits the Canadian Destroyer on Lee. Konley pulls the referee out of the ring to stop the pinfall and the referee tosses Konley from ringside. While the referee is distracted, Lee grabs the title and nails Williams with it, but gets a near fall. Lee counters another Canadian Destroyer and hits a double foot stomp on Williams to score the pinfall and retain the title.
Winner: Trevor Lee, by pinfall, to retain the Impact X Division Championship.
- At LAX's lair, they mock oVe and look forward to more partying after their match tonight.
- "Six Women Tag Team Match": Rosemary, Gail Kim, and Allie vs. Taya Valkyrie, Sienna, and Taryn Terrell: The match closes out with Taryn in control and beating down Gail. Taya tags in and goes for the Road To Valhalla on Gail, but Gail counters with a DDT. Allie and Taryn both tag in and Allie unloads with a series of clotheslines and a corner drop kick. Sienna tries to get involved, but gets attacked and suplexed by Rosemary. Allie traps Taryn in a submission as Sienna blind tags in without Allie noticing. Taya takes Rosemary out on the floor as Sienna rolls up Allie, puts her feet on the ropes for leverage and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Sienna, Taya Valkyrie and Taryn Terrell, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Eli Drake says Johnny Impact will not take his title tonight. Tomorrow the papers will read that Slam Town is burning.
- At a restaurant, Grado is seen sleeping at a restaurant before awaking. Grado tells Joseph Park that he has had him working so hard with this new schedule. Grado gets his first paycheck from Park and appears to be disappointed with what he was paid.
- Backstage, Johnny Impact hypes his title match tonight and taking Eli Drake to Slam Town.
- James Storm Promo: Storm says he doesn't appreciate the wrestlers from AAA coming in and disrespecting him. Texano Jr. interrupts and Storm dares him to make a move. Texano tries to attack, but gets beat down by Storm. El Hijo del Fantasma hits the ring and helps Texano beat down Storm. Texano takes out Storm with his rope and whips Storm with it. Fantasma declares AAA the better organization as Texano grabs Storm's beer bottle. Ethan Carter hits the ring and saves Storm from the bottle attack and clears the ring. Storm and EC3 go face to face, show hesitation of trust, but then finally shake hands.
- In Jim Cornette's office, James Storm gets a tag team match made official for next week. It'll be Storm/EC3 vs. Texano/Fantasma.
- "Impact World Tag Team Championship Match": LAX (c) vs. oVe: The match closes out with Santana heading to the top rope, but gets caught by Dave Crist and oVe turns it into a superplex/power bomb combo for a near fall. Ortiz breaks up the pinfall and gets attacked by oVe. Ortiz fights back and delivers a super kick to both oVe guys. Ortiz picks up Jack Crist and hits a DVD right on top of Dave in the corner. Santana goes to the top rope, but gets tossed outside and lands on the steel steps. Jake hits a spinning kick on Ortiz and Dave follows with a DDT to score the pinfall and win the titles.
Winners: oVe, by pinfall, to win the Impact World Tag Team Championship.
- At American Top Team's training facility, Bobby Lashley's coach mocks Impact Wrestling and says Lashley will reach his full potential now that he's fully focused on MMA.
- Backstage, Johnny Impact, Scott D'Amore, and Dezmond Xavier congratulate oVe on their title victory.
- "Impact World Championship Match": Eli Drake (c) vs. Johnny Impact: The match closes out with Drake accidentally taking out the referee with a clothesline. Impact lands a kick and calls for a new referee as Chris Adonis slides the title to Drake. Drake hits Impact with the title, but gets a near fall as the second referee arrives. Drake knocks out the second referee as Adonis gets in the ring and helps Drake beat down Impact. Drake swings the title again, misses Impact and nails Adonis. Impact plants Drake face first into the title and covers as the first referee returns. Drake just kicks out at two and a half. Impact leaps off the top rope, but Drake shoves the referee into his path, causing Impact to switch coarse to avoid the referee. Drake kicks Impact below the belt, hits Gravy Train and scores the pinfall to retain his title.
Winner: Eli Drake, by pinfall, to retain the Impact World Championship
- After the match, Drake and Adonis beat down Impact, but Garza Jr. hits the ring to make the save. LAX suddenly hit the ring and beat down Garza and Impact. LAX attack officials and Konnan shoves a fan as Impact ends in chaos.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
** ROH TV Recap **
This week, ROH held a 20 Man Ring of Honor Rumble, with the winner receiving a future ROH World Heavyweight Championship match.
- Josh Woods vs. QT Marshall: The match closes out with Woods hitting a series of Superman Punches on Marshall, an overhead belly to belly, and a near fall running knee strike. Marshall with an enziguri and then takes Woods up top. Woods counters out and german suplexes Marshall off the top rope. Marshall power bombs Woods, but Woods counters with a triangle lock submission. Woods turns the triangle into a knee bar submission and gets the tap out win.
Winner: Josh Woods, by submission.
- Caprice Coleman Interviews Mark Briscoe: Mark talks about The Briscoes and Bully Ray splitting up and how his brother Jay is in a dark place. Caprice accuses Bully Ray of taking away The Briscoes' thunder. Mark says The Briscoes aren't going anywhere, but Jay may need an attitude adjustment.
- The 20 Man Ring of Honor Rumble: Cody Rhodes was on commentary for this match. The match closes out with Glacier returning at #20. Glacier unloads chops as War Machine eliminates Taylor. Glacier unloads on War Machine, but War Machine toss out Glacier and Chris Sabin. Bully Ray eliminates both War Machine men and we're down to Bully Ray, Kazarian, Jay Lethal and Flip Gordon as the final four. Flip and Bully trade shots. Flip attempts a springboard, but gets eliminated by Kaz. Lethal and Kaz brawl to the top rope where Lethal sends Kaz flying off. Bully and Lethal deliver the Whazzz Up on Kaz. Bully and Lethal go face to face, but Kaz eliminates Bully. Lethal almost eliminates Kaz and then hits the Lethal Combination. Christopher Daniels hits the ring and distracts the referees as Lethal hits the Lethal Injection and eliminates Kaz. Kaz gets back in the ring unnoticed by all as Lethal hits the Lethal Injection on Daniels. Kaz grabs Lethal and tosses him to the floor for the elimination and the victory.
- Cody Rhodes Signs A New Contract: Ring of Honor announced this past week that Cody Rhodes has finally signed a new contract with ROH. Cody tweeted out on Twitter that it was a contract that will keep him around for years to come.
- The Bullet Club Fake An Invasion: This past Monday, Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks, Marty Scurll and Hangman Adam Page were all at an autograph signing at Hot Topic in the same city WWE was at. The Bullet Club called out the WWE and even posed outside of the arena where WWE held RAW this week and threatened a takeover.
- The Young Bucks Served A Cease And Desist: This past week, the WWE served The Young Bucks a cease and desist order on the brothers for using and making money off of the "too sweet" hand gesture. WWE claims to own the copyright and have ordered The Bucks to stop using the hand gesture.
Last weekend ROH returned with their pay per view, Death Before Dishonor. All of ROH's titles were on the line in this jam packed card.
- "#1 Contenders, Six Man Tag Team Match": The Kingdom vs. The Briscoes and Bully Ray: The winner of this match was scheduled to battle Hangman Adam Page and The Young Bucks for the ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship later in the evening. The match closes out with Marseglia missing a senton as Jay Briscoe gets the knees up and tags in Mark. Marseglia swings at Mark and accidentally nails Taven. Bully Ray comes in, grabs Marseglia and drills him with the Bully Bomb. TK tries to get involved, but gets planted with a death valley driver. Bully places TK on his shoulders as Mark flies off the top rope, hitting the Doomsday Device. The Briscoes and Bully score the pinfall and advance to the title match later.
Winners: The Briscoes and Bully Ray, by pinfall, to become the new #1 Contenders to the ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship.
- After the match, Jay Briscoe looks irritated that he wasn't included in the finish of the match and throws a steel chair in TK O'Ryan's face.
Winner: Marty Scurll, by submission.
- "Street Fight Match": Punishment Martinez vs. Jay White: Steel chairs, garbage cans and garbage can lids played a huge part throughout this street fight. The match closes out with White getting a near fall on Martinez with a judo throw off the top rope. White hits the Kiwi Crusher, but Martinez kicks out at two and a half. White grabs a handful of steel chairs and starts tossing them into the ring. White stacks six steel chairs into a pyramid and goes after Martinez. Martinez low blows White and then power bombs White through the pyramid of steel chairs. Martinez hits the Psycho Driver on White on the steel chairs and gets another near fall. Martinez is stunned that White kicked out and goes to grab a bag of thumb tacks. Martinez dumps the tacks all over the ring and then sets White up for a choke slam. White breaks the hold, collapses and tries to grab a steel chair to defend himself. Martinez slaps White in the face, choke slams White on top of the pile of thumb tacks and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Punishment Martinez, by pinfall.
- "ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship Match": The Young Bucks and Hangman Adam Page (c) vs. Bully Ray and The Briscoes: Adam Page arrives with his hands tied and mouth tapped, mocking the fact that he's not allowed to use the nickname "Hangman" anymore, taking away his freedom of speech. The match closes out with Bully brawling with Matt and Nick Jackson, but falls victim to the Superkick Party, sending Bully outside. Page and Mark Briscoe brawl on the floor as The Bucks set Bully up for an aerial assault. Bully counters out and drills Nick with a mid air Bully Cutter. Bully holds Matt for Whazzz Up and Mark hits it, flying off the top rope. Bully calls for a table as Jay Briscoe goes to retrieve it. Jay returns, but shockingly turns and throws the table into Bully's face, knocking Bully out. Mark is stunned and asks his brother why he did that. As Mark and Jay face off, Page quickly covers Bully and scores the pinfall to retain the titles.
Winners: The Young Bucks and Hangman Adam Page, by pinfall, to retain the ROH Six Man Tag Team Championship.
- After the match, Jay tells Mark that they are the best damn tag team in the world, but they can't be that with Bully Ray holding them down. Jay walks out on his brother as Mark checks on Bully.
Winner: Kenny King, by pinfall, to win the ROH Television Championship.
- After the match, King celebrates with his daughter and gets a handshake from Kushida.
- "Last Man Standing Match": Silas Young vs. Jay Lethal: Very hectic match between these two, as weapons and tables came into play. The referee's belt came into play as Lethal whipped Young. Beer City Bruiser gets involved and helped Young with the 2 on 1 advantage. Bruiser misses a frog splash and crashes through a table. Lethal hits a modified cutter on Young through another table. Young is able to get the referees belt and a steel chair and beats Lethal with both. The match closes out with Lethal trying to tie Young to the ropes, but Lethal gets kicked into the referee, bumps heads and Lethal is busted open. Young hits Misery on Lethal, but Lethal is up before the 10 count. Young hits his version of the Lethal Injection, but Lethal beats the 10 count. Lethal hits the Lethal Injection on Young, but Young is up before the 10 count. Lethal lays Young on a table and climbs a ladder. Young is up, zip ties Lethal to the ladder and then trades punches. The ladder tips sending Lethal and Young crashing through a table. Both men are out cold, but Young just beats the 10 count and wins the match.
Winner: Silas Young, by knockout.
- "ROH World Tag Team Championship Match": The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns: The match closes out with The Bucks unloading a super kick party and accidentally drop the referee too. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian hit the ring and attack The Guns. Daniels and Kazarian then attack The Bucks. The Guns and Bucks team up and chase Daniels and Kazarian from the ring. The Guns and Bucks continue the match and start brawling now that The Addiction are gone. The Bucks attempt More Bang For Your Buck, but it's countered. Matt Jackson gets released superplexed off the top rope allowing The Guns to score the pinfall and win the titles.
Winners: The Motor City Machine Guns, by pinfall, to win the ROH World Tag Team Championship.
Winner: Cody Rhodes, by pinfall, to retain the ROH World Heavyweight Championship.
- After the match, Cody makes Suzuki kiss his ring of honor before leaving. Suzuki knocks out an ROH official to close out the show.
*** Lucha Underground ***
** Ultima Lucha Tres Recap **
This week's episode of Lucha Underground was part 1 of the 4 part Ultima Lucha Tres season finale of Lucha Underground.
- "Texano's Contract On The Line: Texano vs. Famous B and Dr. Wagner Jr.: The match closes out with Famous B attacking Texano with his casted arm. Texano rips off the cast and tosses Famous B outside and into the steel steps. Texano with a senton on Wagner and then a power slam on Famous B, who tags back in. Texano hits a sit down power bomb on Wagner as Brenda tries to distract Texano. Texano grabs Brenda and plants a big kiss on her. Famous B rolls up Texano, grabs the ropes and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Famous B and Dr. Wagner Jr., by pinfall, winning Texano's Contract.
- "Hell Of War, 2 Out of 3 Falls Match": Dante Fox vs. Killshot:
- Match #1: First Blood Match: One point in the match, Fox smacks Killshot with a steel chair and hits a post moonsault while Killshot was laid on a ladder. More chairs and ladders come into play throughout the match. The match closes out with Fox landing a leg drop with chair on the face on Killshot. Fox grabs a sheet of glass and brings it to the ring. Fox with an enziguri, but Killshot returns with an Uranage. Fox hits the Lo Mein Pain on Killshot and then lays the sheet of glass on a stack of chairs. Both men fight up to the top rope where Fox back body drops Killshot right through the sheet of glass, ripping open Killshot's back and giving Fox the first fall.
- Match #2: No DQ Match: The match closes out with Fox hitting Lo Mein Pain on Killshot on a chair for a near fall. Fox lays Killshot on the ladder and hits a 450 splash. Killshot unloads a super kick and a DDT on Fox for a near fall. Killshot grabs a barbed wire board and places it in the corner. Killshot with a super kick, a series of running kicks and a double foot stomp on Fox for a near fall. Killshot powerbombs Fox into the barbed wire board and then hits the Storm Cradle Driver on the broken glass to score the pinfall and tie things at 1-1.
- Match #3: Medical Evac Match: Soldiers arrive with a stretcher and this match will basically be an ambulance match. Fox and Killshot brawl all over the arena and use the stretcher as a weapon as they get closer to the military ambulance. The match closes out with Killshot hitting a DVD on Fox, straps him to the stretcher and takes him to the military ambulance. Fox tries to escape, forcing Killshot to hit a double foot stomp on Fox while strapped on the stretcher. Fox escapes and brawls with Killshot into the crowd. Fox and Killshot brawl into the grand stand of the crowd and Fox chokes Killshot with a cable. Killshot busts a bottle over Fox's head causing Fox to fall off of the grand stand and land below through another sheet of glass laid out on a stack of chairs. Killshot picks up Fox and tosses him into the military ambulance to win 2-1.
Winner: Dante Fox, 2 falls to 1.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
NJPW returned with the last show of their Destruction tour. Kenny Omega, who's been battling a minor injury and actually had surgery on his knee, returned to defend his IWGP United States Championship against Juice Robinson.
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Hirai Kawato defeated Katsuya Kitamura and Tomoyuki Oka, by submission, after Tenzan locked Oka in an Anaconda Vice and got the tap out win.
Winners: Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Hirai Kawato, by submission.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": Togi Makabe, Tiger Mask, Jushin Thunder Liger, Ricochet and Ryusuke Taguchi defeated Takashi Iizuka, Desperado, Taka Michinoku, Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru, by pinfall, after Makabe hit the King Kong Knee on Michinoku.
Winners: Togi Makabe, Tiger Mask, Jushin Thunder Liger, Ricochet and Ryusuke Taguchi, by pinfall.
- Yoshi-Hashi and Hirooki Goto defeated Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens, by pinfall, after Yoshi counters a package piledriver and hits Karma on Owens for the pinfall.
Winner: Yoshi-Hashi and Hirooki Goto, by pinfall.
- Baretta defeated Yujiro Takahashi, by pinfall, after Takahashi sent Baretta into the corner, but Baretta came back and hit a flying knee on Takahashi to score the pinfall.
Winner: Baretta, by pinfall.
- "IWGP Tag Team Championship, Triple Threat Match": The Killer Elite Squad defeated War Machine (c) and The Guerillas of Destiny, by pinfall, after TKS hits the Killer Bomb on Hanson and scores the pinfall to win the titles.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi and Michael Elgin defeated Kota Ibushi and David Finlay, by pinfall, after Elgin hits a lariat on Finlay then hits the Buckle Bomb and Elgin Bomb for the pinfall.
- After the match, Tanahashi and Ibushi had a stare down.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and Rocky Romero defeated Tetsuya Naito, Sanada and Bushi, by pinfall, after Ishii hits the brain buster on Bushi.
- After the match, Ishii and Naito brawled.
- Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay defeated Evil and Hiromu Takahashi, by pinfall, after Okada hit the Rainmaker on Evil and Ospreay hit the Ozcutter on Takahashi for the pinfall.
- "IWGP United States Championship Match": Kenny Omega (c) defeated Juice Robinson, by pinfall. Omega kicked out of Pulp Friction, forcing Robinson to attempt another Pulp Friction. Omega counters into the One Winged Angel and scores the pinfall to retain his title.
*** EVOLVE ***
EVOLVE was back in action this month with their usual double header weekend shows. EVOLVE 92 kicked off the weekend with the EVOLVE World Tag Team Champions The WorkHorsemen defending their titles against The Troll Boyz.
- Zack Sabre, Jr. defeated Jason Kincaid, by submission, with the Young Boy Killer.
- Austin Theory defeated Stephen Wolf, by pinfall, with the Theory KO.
- "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams defeated Darby Allin, by pinfall, with an eye rake, a lariat and a cheap pinfall.
- Fred Yehi defeated DJZ, by submission, with the Koji Clutch.
- Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson and Jaka) defeated Keith Lee and Matt Riddle, by pinfall, with a Doctor Bomb into a folding press by Dickinson onto Riddle.
- "EVOLVE World Tag Team Championship Match": The Troll Boyz (ACH and "All Ego" Ethan Page) defeated The WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and James Drake) (c) by pinfall, after ACH hit the Buster Call on Henry to win the titles.
EVOLVE returned for their second weekend show, EVOLVE 93. The main event of the show saw WWN World Champion Matt Riddle defend his title against "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams. Also EVOLVE World Champion Zack Sabre Jr. defended his title against Keith Lee.
- Fred Yehi defeated A Local Talent, by submission, with the Liu Kang bicycle kicks.
- Jason Kincaid defeated Anthony Henry, by submission, with Compassionate Release.
- Austin Theory defeated James Drake, by pinfall, with the Theory KO.
- "Freelance Championship, Fatal Four Way Match": Stevie Fierce (c) defeated Bryce Benjamin, GPA, and Matt Knicks, by pinfall, after Fierce hit the Unprettier on Benjamin.
- Darby Allin defeated DJZ, by pinfall, with the Last Supper.
- "EVOLVE World Tag Team Championship Match": Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson and Jaka) defeated The Troll Boyz (ACH and “All Ego” Ethan Page)(c), by pinfall, with Death Trap on Page to win the titles.
- "EVOLVE World Championship Match": Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) defeated Keith Lee, by pinfall, after reversing Ground Zero into a pinfall to retain his title.
- "WWN World Championship, Anything Goes Match": Matt Riddle (c) defeated “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams, by submission, with the Bromission retaining his title.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!