- With Josh McCown questionable to start Sunday, the Browns have added quarterback Matt Blanchard to the practice squad. Blanchard is the third QB signed by the team in the last month. Pat Devlin was cut on September 5th & Austin Davis is in line to back up Johnny Manziel in Sunday's home opener against the Tennessee Titans.
Blanchard, an NFL journeymen quarterback, has previously played for the Chicago, Carolina and Green Bay. He has a college football record of 45-0 playing for DIII University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
- Browns outside linebacker Scott Solomon will miss 4-6 weeks with an ankle injury suffered early in the game last Sunday versus the New York Jets. Barkevious Mingo replaced Solomon in that game. Along with that, Nate Orchard missed Sunday's game with a back injury.
- Former Browns nose tackle Ishmaa'ily Kitchen met with the Houston Texans on Tuesday. The Texans have just five defensive linemen on the 53 man roster and ideally want six.
- WR Terrelle Pryor worked out for the New England Patriots on Monday. The team wanted to work him out to have him on the emergency list of players just in case a injury occurs during the season.
- LeBron James showed off a sneak peak of his "LeBron 13" shoes on the recent cover of Slam magazine. When released, the MSRP will be $200.00.
- Carlos Carrasco has been nominated for the Roberto Clemente Award for the Cleveland Indians. Each year MLB teams with Chevrolet to give the award to a player "Who best represents the game of baseball through positive contributions on and off the field, including sportsmanship and community involvement".