- The Browns announced quarterback Josh McCown has passed all tests in the NFL concussion protocol and is cleared to resume team activities. McCown returned to practice on Wednesday and will get the start Sunday against the Raiders. McCown was close to returning last week against the Titans,but failed one of the final tests administered by the independent neurologist Friday. In Mike Pettine's press conference yesterday he said "Josh McCown has done everything we've asked of him. We think he gives us best opportunity to win on Sunday." "I solicited the opinions of Flip and Kevin (O'Connell) and we were all in agreement'' on starting Josh. Manziel was if he thinks the Browns still expect him to become the long-term starter one day, Manziel said, “I’ve been told, whether [it was] our GM, our owner, from everything that I’ve heard, that’s still the case.”
- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger beat out Tom Brady for AFC Offensive Player of the Week. He Threw for 369 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT in a 43-18 win over the 49ers. Brady threw for 466 yards vs. the Bills, most ever allowed by Buffalo.
- Darrell Revis was named AFC defensive player of the week. Revis forced 3 turnovers,had 2 fumble recoveries,and 1 interception.
- Larry Fitzgerald was named NFC offensive player of the week. He caught 8 passes for 112 yards and 3 touchdowns as Arizona defeated Chicago 49-23.
- Sean Lee was named NFC defensive player of the week. Lee recorded 14 tackles including 2 tackles for loss and a interception to secure the Cowboys a win.
- Cardinals rookie David Johnson was named NFC special teams player of the week. Johnson returned a kickoff 108 yards for a touchdown. He also had a rushing touchdown in the game.
A link from the prosecutors report has been provided HERE.
- Urban Meyer announced Cardale Jones will start Saturday at quarterback against Western Michigan. "It’s not him. The offense right now is in a funk", said Meyer. “He is the guy. Unless he doesn’t perform well.”
- Oklahoma City Thunder General Manager Sam Presti says Kevin Durant has been cleared to play in the upcoming season opener. "He's been playing without restriction, five on five, competing as normal", said Presti.
The NBA released the 2016 finals schedule on Wednesday (* if necessary):
Game 1 June 2
Game 2 June 5
Game 3 June 8
Game 4 June 10
Game 5 June 13*
Game 6 June 16*
Game 7 June 19*