- Make that 11 in a row! Cavs take care of the Sixers in Cleveland, 97-84. Kyrie Irving racked up 24 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. LeBron James had 18 pts, 11 assist. Timofey Mozgov gave the Cavs 10 points, 5 blocks and Kevin Love added in 5 points, 15 rebounds. The Cavaliers are back on the floor Thursday night on National TV, at home against the Clippers.
- Kyrie Irving has been named Eastern conference player of the week. He averaged 31.5 points per game, 5.3 assists and 3.5 rebounds. Along with winning player of the week for the third time, he has officially been entered into the NBA 3 point contest for All-Star weekend in New York, February 13-15.
-Last Wednesday Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel entered a rehabilitation facility for unknown treatment. The facility he entered is somewhere in close to Cleveland, so his family and friends can support him. Yesterday, I said by Manziel entering rehab he would automatically be entered into stage one of the NFL substance abuse program. After further research, entrance into league substance abuse program is not automatic and professionals in charge of the program make that decision. The Browns released a statement fully supporting Manziel, his privacy and decision. In a statement from Nike "We support Johnny Manziel's decision in this personal matter."
The most watched TV shows in US history:
1. SB XLIX
2. SB XLVIII
3. SB XLVI
4. SB XLV
5. SB XLVII
6. SB XLIV
7. M.A.S.H. Finale.
Another crazy number: 64% of Americans DID NOT watch the Super Bowl. What the hell were they looking at?
- Overnight after the Super Bowl, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and the Falcons reached an agreement in principle for Quinn to be their next head coach.
- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman played the Super Bowl with torn ligaments in his left elbow and will need Tommy John surgery in the offseason.
- The Colts announced they’ve agreed to terms with wide receiver Duron Carter, the son of Hall of Famer Cris Carter.