- Miami Heat All-Star forward Chris Bosh will miss the rest of the season with blood clots on his lungs. Bosh was admitted into a Miami hospital after meeting with a doctor Thursday night. His initial test proved to be inconclusive. Further testing took place and showed clots on his lungs. He will be treated with blood thinners for pulmonary embolism. Here is a great article by Alex Kennedy about his experience and the Cavaliers own Anderson Varejao.
Mayweather announced the fight with Pacquiao via selfie app Shots. With the SD (standard definition) pay-per-view going for $89.95 and HD format going for $99.95, this fight is expected to generated $400 million dollars. While both boxers are expected to make over $100 million apiece, the purse will be split 60-40 with Mayweather claiming the majority. This will be the highest grossing boxing match in history. Floyd Mayweather's record is 47-0, 26 K.O and Pacquiao is 57-5-2, 38 K.O
- Major League Baseball announced Friday their ideas for the pace of play rule changes to help speed up the game. The average baseball game lasts 3 hours and 8 minutes,with most games starting between 7:05pm-7:10. MLB experimented with the speed up rules in the Arizona Fall League and it was found successful in shortening games.
1. Managers must challenge replays from dugout.
2. Batters must keep one foot in box unless an established exception occurs
3. Play to resumes promptly once broadcast returns from commercial break.
Full details on rule changes can be found HERE.
I'm totally for anything to speed up the game of baseball. The Cleveland Indians are also experimenting starting games at 6:05pm in April and May. Hopefully this increases attendance for the early season games, while allowing parents to take their kids to weekday games during the school year.