The Weekend 3 Count is brought to you by Triple Threat CLE.
*** Weekend Flashback ***
- This week we're going back to 2002 and the very first TNA pay per view. Back when TNA first started, they showed weekly pay per views for $10, since they didn't have a TV deal yet. This match is the Gauntlet For The Gold, to crown the first ever NWA/TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
*** WWE News and Rumors ***
- This week's RAW brought in 4,492,000 viewers. Which is down from last week's 4,420,000 viewers for the interviews and rumble highlights "snowed in" RAW.
- Sources have said that Randy Orton has been ready to return to action the past few weeks, but WWE keeps deciding to hold him back from returning at the moment.
- WWE Hall of Famer, Ric Flair, will be on ESPN's "30 For 30" show. The show was taped awhile back and will be shown sometime this spring. The show will be about Duke and Christian Laettner. Flair gives his opinions on the NCAA basketball powerhouse.
- All of this month, WWE Network will be honoring black history month by showcasing events and matches involving the top African American talent that have competed in the wrestling business. One of my favorites growing up was "Iceman" King Parsons.
- Xavier Woods of The New Day will be out of action for a little bit as he was spotted at a WWE Live show with a leg cast on. No word on what the injury is yet.
- NXT will be in our hometown of Cleveland, Ohio, on March 6th for a live show at the Agora Theatre. Tickets go on sale February 13th.
- There were rumors this week that NXT superstar, Kalisto, was being looked at for a possible gimmick change. Kalisto, who's a masked wrestler, would be an unmasked gay hair dresser in his new gimmick. Sources have said that Kalisto debuted the gimmick already and did quite well with the character. WWE caught wind of this and immediately denied they were doing this character with Kalisto. We shall see what develops with this.
- Sources have stated that WWE may be interested in signing Ring of Honor's Mandy Leon and ex-NFL football player, "Moose" Quinn Ojinnaka.
- 2K Sports is asking for fan feedback on what to include in WWE2K16. You can head over to their website and reply there.
*** TNA News and Rumors ***
- Sources are saying that TNA will be offering a contract to Rey Mysterio as soon as WWE releases Rey.
- FAN CAM: Jeff Hardy took a sick bump at TNA Lockdown as he was crotched on the cage door and knocked off, landing on the steel steps below. You can watch that live right here in fan cam.
*** GFW News and Rumors ***
- Another quiet week this week in Jeff Jarrett land.
*** Other Wrestling News ***
- Sources have said that Ring of Honor wrestling is currently having financial issues. The issues are coming from Sinclair Broadcasting which owns Ring of Honor. Sources have said that Sinclair Broadcasting have not been backing Ring of Honor at all financially, which have caused a few wrestlers on the roster to be wrestling without a contract, but have stayed loyal to ROH.
- Ring of Honor is going to be running a show in Redwood City, California during Wrestlemania weekend.
- Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Diamond Dallas Page, is looking at building a performance center. The building will cost $2 million dollars and will be based in Atlanta, Georgia. The building will be DDP's full-time go to place for DDP Yoga. DDP also is expecting to be releasing a DDP Yoga app. for phones and tablets soon. You can check out DDP's big announcement here:
- Speaking of DDP, the former WCW World Heavyweight Champion, had a health scare Saturday morning. Page has been diagnosed with Subglottic Tracheitis and may have to have surgery on his throat. Page was having trouble breathing while the doctor was examining Page's throat and immediately called 911 to get Page to a hospital. Page used his DDP Yoga exercises to regain control of his breathing and took himself to the hospital. Page is currently in ICU and will be released once things are under control.
- Lucha Underground have been busy this week as they have signed former AAA Crusierweight Champion, Jack Evans. LU also signed independent wrestlers Shane Strickland and Willie Mack, former Olympic wrestler, Jeff Cobb and WWE Tough Enough contestant Martin Causus.
- Going to close things out with a short funny video. Here is WWE finishers when performed in public.
And that is this weekend's 3 Count. Join me every Sunday afternoon, where I give you the major stories in WWE, TNA, GFW and the independent wrestling scene. Till next time, tap or snap.