The Weekend 3 Count is brought to you by Triple Threat CLE.
*** Weekend Flashback ***
- This week we're going back to the first season of Monday Night RAW in 1993. The first of many, many, many five star matches that RAW showed. It's "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig vs. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. The loser has to leave RAW.
*** WWE News and Rumors ***
- After the ending to the Royal Rumble last Sunday left a sour taste in the WWE Universe's mouths, the fans fired back at WWE. Twitter lit up with the trending phrase #CancelWWENetwork. Many fans did attempt to do just that which caused the WWE Network page to not be able to load, due to all the traffic on the page. Fans made it clear during the Royal Rumble that they were not happy at all with the outcome as they booed, chanted obscenities and chanted for a refund after fan favorite Daniel Bryan was eliminated. Vince stated before the Rumble on Twitter that 2015 would be the best of WWE ever. After Royal Rumble happened, many fans feel this is not a great start to 2015 at all.
- WWE has announced that there will be another free month of the WWE Network for non-subscribers in the month of February. That's great, but when do the loyal subscribers that have been there since the launch last February, like myself, get rewarded with something?
- RAW and Smackdown were postponed this week due to weather. The east coast was pounded with a serious snow storm, which put a street ban on residents. RAW was moved to a Thursday live taping.
- During the special "Snowed In" highlights episode of RAW on Monday, Triple H made an announcement. John Cena will face Rusev at WWE Fast Lane. Triple H also called out Sting to meet him face to face in the ring at Fast Lane.
- The "Snowed In" episode of RAW, which showed a replay of the Triple Threat Match between Cena/Lesnar/Rollins, the Royal Rumble and interview segments with Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, did great in ratings. 4.420 million viewers watched and it was up from last week's RAW that drew 4.1 million viewers. It was also the most watched RAW episode since July of 2014.
- Tomorrow night's RAW, Triple H, has stated he'll make a huge announcement that will put an end to the Royal Rumble controversy. What controversy? Why is this a controversy? Roman Reigns, like it or not, won the Rumble fair and square. I don't understand why fans feel since the fan favorite Daniel Bryan was eliminated its now a controversy.
- Randy Orton is being advertised for tomorrow night's RAW. Orton, however, has been advertised to return for the past month so nothing is for sure.
- Daniel Bryan has been talked about for two possible Wrestlemania 31 matches this year.
- Beginning this year, Wrestlemania will no longer have the roman numerals follow on their advertisments. Vince McMahon stated that the event will just be called Wrestlemania now, because including the number makes the event seem too old. OK? So should the Super Bowl drop roman numerals too?
- UFC President, Dana White, recently stated that he talked to Brock Lesnar. When asked if he talked business with Lesnar, White stated he'd never talk business while Lesnar was under a current contract. White looked very guilty and sarcastic after making that statement. You can watch that quick minute question here:
- Sources are saying that Rey Mysterio is still waiting to be released from WWE.
- The following is the trailer for the new "Destruction of The Shield' DVD/Blu-Ray that hits stores February 17th.
- The Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens match at NXT Takeover in February will now be for the NXT World Title. That was made official during the contract signing on Wednesday.
*** TNA News and Rumors ***
- More great ratings news for TNA Impact. This past Friday's ratings rose to 517,000 viewers. Which is up from last week's 387,000 viewers.
- Former WWE Superstar, Drew Galloway (McIntyre), has signed on with TNA and will be making his debut during the TNA UK Tour.
- Dixie Carter announced that WWE Hall of Famer, Kevin Von Erich and his two sons Ross and Marshall Von Erich will be returning to TNA. The Von Erich family will be at Impact during the Impact Zone in Orlando tv tapings.
- Ethan Carter III and Tyrus take a shot at Tyrus' old Brodus Clay character in WWE, in this segment. Pretty funny.
*** GFW News and Rumors ***
- Now that TNA is off Spike TV, Jeff Jarrett is free to negotiate for a GFW TV show home. Spike TV may still be out of the wrestling business and not be interested in showing wrestling no longer.
*** Other Wrestling News ***
- UFC Legend, Royce Gracie, was on Submission Radio Australia and gave his opinions on CM Punk competing in UFC. You can check that out here:
- Former WWE Superstar, Justin Gabriel, did in fact quit the WWE last week. Gabriel has already been announced for a show with the independent wrestling organization, Pro Wrestling Syndicate. Gabriel will compete on January 31st with the company, under the name PJ Black. Gabriel stated that he knew the WWE had no plans for him besides NXT, Superstars and Main Event. Then the straw that broke the camels back, was when they pulled him from the Royal Rumble match, cause they were going in a different direction that wouldn't involve him.
And that is this weekend's 3 Count. Join me every Sunday afternoon, where I give you the major stories in WWE, TNA, GFW and the independent wrestling scene. Till next time, tap or snap.