That is correct, it was in fact the final countdown for one of the two teams involved in last night's main event of Survivor Series. The Authority squared off with Team Cena in a traditional five on five elimination match. If The Authority lost, they would have to give up their control over the WWE. If Team Cena lost, everyone apart of Team Cena, except for John Cena, would be terminated from the company. Last night's show took place in St. Louis, Missouri, home of "The Viper" Randy Orton. Survivor Series also consisted of a traditional Survivor Series Elimination Divas Match. A.J. Lee defended her WWE Divas Championship against Nikki Bella. The Rhodes Brothers defended their WWE World Tag Team Championship in a fatal four way match. And Bray Wyatt battled Dean Ambrose. All that and more, let's get to last night's results!
*** Pre-Show ***
- Backstage Segment with The Miz and Damien Sandow: Miz is doing acting exercises, quotes the Karate Kid "You're The Best Around" song and talks about Miz and Sandow winning tonight. Sandow holds a frame and mimics everything Miz says, making it look like Miz is looking and talking to himself in a mirror.
- Bad News Barrett Returns: Barrett returns and stands at his podium. Barrett says if Cena's team loses everyone but Cena is fired except Cena. That is good but Barrett....HAS SOME BAD NEWS! Cena's life will be hell afterwards and he'll wish he was fired too. If The Authority loses they think the WWE will fall because they need The Authority in charge. Barrett......HAS SOME BAD NEWS! Barrett says if The Authority goes powerless then that will begin the era of Bad News Barrett.
- Backstage Segment with A.J. Lee: A.J. says the time for playing dress up is over, and plans on defeating Nikki Bella tonight.
- In Ring Segment with Cesaro, Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter: Cesaro comes out and says he's backing The Authority tonight. Colter and Swagger interrupt Cesaro, make jokes about Cesaro brown nosing Triple H and are supporting Team Cena tonight. Cesaro and Swagger have an impromptu match.
- The Pre-Show Ending: The Pre-Show ends with a limousine pulling into the parking garage. The camera zooms in and out steps the CEO of WWE, Vince McMahon.
*** Survivor Series 2014 ***
- Backstage Segment with Adam Rose, The Rosebuds, Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil: Shenanigans and arguing set up an impromptu tag match for later.
- Backstage segment with The Authority: Triple H and Stephanie promise fame and title shots, pumping up the team.
- Roman Reigns Via Satellite: Reigns says he's getting stronger and should be back exactly a month from now.
- Backstage Segment with Team Cena: They are all on the same page and will have no regrets if they lose and get fired.
** Show takes out Kane and Rollins next before tagging in Cena. It looks like we get a Wyatt Family showdown as Rowan and Harper are tagged in. It doesn't happen as Rollins tags in. Later in the match, Ryback and Kane go at it and Ryback scores a near fall after splashing Kane. Rusev and Ryback go at it next and Ryback plants Rusev with the spine buster then the "Meat Hook". Ryback goes for "Shell Shock" but Kane stops it. Both teams begin brawling all over the ring as Rollins hits a "Curb Stomp" on Ryback. Rusev plants a thrust kick, covers and pins Ryback. Teams are even at 4.
** Show, Cena, Harper, Kane and Rollins are all in the ring. Show, however, turns and knocks Cena out and causes Cena to get pinned by Rollins. Cena is eliminated and The Authority are ahead 3-2.
** Ziggler, all alone, begins taking a beating from Harper, Kane and Rollins. Kane goes for a super plex on Ziggler. Ziggler counters, hits a super kick, then a "Zig Zag", covers and pins Kane. The Authority lead 2-1.
** Harper hits a big boot and a suicide dive on Ziggler. Ziggler hits a super kick on Harper for a near fall. Harper gets a near fall with a sit down power bomb. Ziggler pulls a roll up out of nowhere and pins Harper. We are now even at one. Rollins vs. Ziggler with everyone's jobs on the line.
WOW!! I'm not going to lie, I marked out big time when I seen Sting appear and lay out Triple H! What a pay per view. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.