The Weekend 3 Count is brought to you by Triple Threat CLE.
*** Weekend Flashback ***
This week's flashback will be a highlight video of two up and coming superstars in the WWE. One is the current Mr. Money In The Bank and possible future WWE World Heavyweight Champion. The other made his name in Japan and on the independent scene and is currently wrestling on NXT.
Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) vs. KENTA (Hideo Itami) Ring of Honor 2006
*** WWE News and Rumors ***
- The major story of the week is the "Icon" Sting. Unless you've been living under a rock all week, I'm sure you've heard that Sting made his debut for the first time ever in a WWE ring. Sting arrived and helped Team Cena defeat The Authority at last Sunday's Survivor Series.
- My opinion on Sting? I'd like both matches please. I was thinking they should keep Sting as a pay per view appearance only character with maybe one or two RAW appearances. Here's what I would do if I was booking Sting. At WWE TLC, I'd have Sting get involved with a Seth Rollins match and cost Rollins the match, keeping the screw The Authority angle going. Royal Rumble in January, we'd get Sting's first ever WWE match as he faces a pissed off Triple H. Sting beats Triple H and reappears at WWE Fast Lane in February and plants the seeds for his Wrestlemania match with Taker. We get one or two RAW appearances by Taker and Sting to build the match then get the payoff match at Wrestlemania. Now who wins that match, really doesn't matter to me with the streak gone. But I'm thinking WWE would put their guy over (Taker) before an outsider (Sting). WWE could possibly induct Sting into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, as a reward for losing to Taker.
- As for who is running RAW with The Authority gone now? It appears WWE is going back to the surprise GM of the night angle again at the moment. Daniel Bryan was this past RAW's GM and and tomorrow's RAW will be the return of the Anonymous GM that emails his decisions throughout the show.
- Tomorrow's RAW will be entitled "Cyber Monday". The WWE Universe not only gets the Anonymous GM computer calling the shots but also gets to vote on matches and stipulations throughout the evening by the WWE app.
- This week's Smackdown finally seen the debut of Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods. The trio are calling their faction The New Day.
- There was a new WWE Divas Champion crowned at Survivor Series last Sunday. Nikki Bella defeated A.J. Lee in under 10 seconds to take home the gold. Also at Survivor Series, The Miz and Damien Sandow walked out the new WWE World Tag Team Champions. Be sure to head back and read my Survivor Series Results.
- Rumors were circulating that A.J. Lee may have asked for her release from the company, after the way she lost the WWE Divas Championship at Survivor Series. According to sources close to A.J., these rumors are false and she is planning on finishing out her contract. A.J.'s contract with WWE expires after the WWE TLC pay per view in December.
- Speaking of the Divas. Rumors are saying that WWE may be moving current NXT Women's Champion, Charlotte Flair, to the main roster in December. WWE have been very happy with Charlotte's progress and feel it may be time to use her on the big stage.
CM Punk interview
- Ryback, who was one of the men that Punk took shots at in the Podcast, responded on Twitter with a picture of eight Ryback action figures, surrounding a CM Punk action figure, which was put through a table. Ryback has since deleted all Twitter posts directed at Punk.
- And how does WWE feel about Punk's podcast? The boys in the locker room are happy this leaked. Vince, Triple H and all the higher ups, of course are denying all of it and are pretty pissed off with Punk right now. I think it is safe to say that CM Punk not only burned his bridge with WWE, but he blew the thing up.
- Bad News Barrett had some good news this past week. Barrett finally received his green card. Which gives him the right to compete in the United States without issues. Barrett has had issues in the past with his work Visa not letting him in the United States to compete at wrestling shows.
- Bully Ray was interviewed recently this week. Bully stated that he would be open for a WWE return and do a singles run. Bully stated that he would love to wrestle Brock Lesnar and John Cena. If used right, Bully could be a good addition to any storyline with his "I don't give a damn" attitude.
*** TNA News and Rumors ***
- TNA is making plans in doing a reboot when they premiere on Destination America. Not sure if that means they are rebooting champions or just rebooting the layout of the company.
- One change TNA is being rumored to be making, is at the announcers table. Sources are saying that TNA may be replacing Mike Tenay with former WWE announcer Josh Matthews.
- TNA is also discussing doing their first show on Destination America live. Honestly, TNA needs to do all their shows live. I really hate knowing what's going to happen two months before it actually happens. For example, if you read spoilers, we all knew Bobby Roode was going to win the TNA World Championship, Samoa Joe was vacating the TNA X Division Championship and James Storm and Abyss were going to win the TNA World Tag Team Championship, two months before it happened. Knowing this, for example, took a little bit out of that great series of matches for the tag titles that Team 3D, The Hardys and The Wolves delivered. We all knew The Wolves would retain after it was all said and done. All I'm saying, if you want to compete with the WWE then TNA needs to treat Impact like it is their RAW and go live every week.
And that's this weekend's 3 Count. Join me every Sunday afternoon as I post news around WWE, TNA and GFW. Till next week, tap or snap.