Friday, May 9, 2014
Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, 5.9.14: TNA IMPACT
What's up everyone, it's time for another TNA Impact recap edition of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. There was a lot of action and highlights from last nights show. We found out the main event of TNA Slammiversary and more feuds within the company continued.
Highlights of Impact:
- TNA World Champion, Eric Young, announces he wants to be a fighting champion so he challenges anyone to a title match. Bobby Roode throws out their history together and asks for one more shot even though he lost to Young last week. Young accepts with a handshake but it'll be Roode's last shot if he loses. MVP calls off the match and tells Young to take the night off and enjoy the title and he will have him a new opponent he's never faced lined up at Slammiversary. Roode pissed about his match being called off ends up brawling with MVP. MVP has Roode escorted from the building and finally announces Eric Young's Slammiversary opponent as none other then MVP himself as he suckerpunches Young and beats him down.
- Bully Ray's attempt at revenge on Dixie Carter continued as he drove around Nashville looking for Dixie to put through a table. Bully Ray takes over Dixie's office at TNA headquarters and makes it his own, after Dixie sneaks out. Rockstar Spud tries to make Bully leave, but it wasn't happening. Bully eventually power bombs Spud through a table and gets Dixie's home address out of Spud's phone. Looks like Bully may be making a house call next week.
- The Beautiful People battled Madison Rayne and Brittany in an "Evening Gown Match". More BP high jinks of flashing the referee and perfume spraying in the eyes to secure the win.
- Magnus' new friend, Graham, that appeared last week talked to MVP and got an iron clad contract. Graham interferes in Magnus' match with Willow. Graham handcuffs Willow and beats him down with a spare turnbuckle bolt.
- Kurt Angle appeared to blow his knee out in his match against Ethan Carter III. The referee threw up the X that signals real injury in wrestling. Angle refused forfeiting but got his knee clipped more by Carter who took the win. Angle is told he'll have to have surgery by the TNA medical staff.
- The debut of Knux's misfit faction called Menagerie. Knux faced Kazarian in his first match.
- The Wolves put the TNA Tag Titles on the line against The Bromans in a "Ladder Match". Very good match, probably the best match The Bromans have ever had in their careers.
- Mr. Anderson and James Storm face off next week.
Quick Match Results:
- "Evening Gown Match": The Beautiful People def. Madison Rayne and Brittnay by pin.
- Ethan Carter III def. Kurt Angle by pin.
- TNA Tag Titles, "Ladder Match": The Wolves (c) def. The Bromans by retrieving the titles.
- Knux def. Kazarian by pin
- Willow def. Magnus by DQ
TNA News and Rumors:
- TNA Knockouts, Taryn Terrell and Brooke Tessmacher, were both in Orlando, FL taking part in photo shoots for TNA this week. Rumor is they will be returning to TV soon. Taryn Terrell was at one time the official knockouts division referee and had just gotten into wrestling in matches till her personal leave of absence in July of 2013 due to pregnancy. Miss Tessmacher is a former TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion, a two time TNA Knockouts Champion and was voted Knockout of the Year in 2012. Tessmacher was last seen in December of 2013 as a member of Aces and Eights.
- Bully Ray, Magnus, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Mr. Anderson and Eric Young are all being advertised for next year’s TNA Maximum Impact 7 tour of the United Kingdom.
- One name that didn't make the list for the tour was Kurt Angle. Angle's contract will be expiring in the fall of this year and rumor is Angle will either be GFW or WWE bound. Angle has stated that he would love to help be one of the building pieces in making GFW a household name. Angle has also stated that he guarantees he'll retire in WWE. Only time will tell what Angle chooses.
And that's a wrap my friends. Join me again next Friday for another TNA Impact recap as we move closer to TNA Slammiversary. Until then, tap or snap.