Saturday, May 3, 2014
Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, 5.3.14: WWE Smackdown
Welcome back to another Saturday Smackdown recap of Wrestling Lockup with Brandon. Last night's Smackdown served as the last Smackdown before WWE Extreme Rules which takes place this Sunday May, 4th. Smackdown took place this week in Kansas City, Missouri. The main event of the show was announced on Main Event on WWE Network. Dean Ambrose would be defending his WWE United States Championship in a "Fatal Four Way Match" against Ryback, Curtis Axel and Alberto Del Rio. What's weird is this match was originally advertised as a 3 on 1 Handicap Match. Not sure if this was an error to begin with by WWE or if they just had no clue how to script it, causing the match stipulation change. Final buildup to the pay per view was mostly what last night's show was about. Nothing big really took place, just final matches before the big show Sunday for the wrestlers competing at Extreme Rules. Let's get the recap started shall we?!
Highlights of Smackdown:
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Daniel Bryan, cut one last promo on Kane, his opponent at Extreme Rules. Bryan says he'll make Kane pay for putting his hands on his wife, Brie Bella and take him straight to hell personally. Kane interrupts with fire pyro and cuts a promo on Bryan on the TitanTron. Kane says he likes hell and will give Bryan the tour when they get there together. #devilsfavoritedemon #yesmovement
- The Wyatt Family were victorious in their match, Bray Wyatt looks ahead to meet John Cena at Extreme Rules in the Steel Cage. #followthebuzzards
- Big E squared off with Titus O'Neil, as he prepped for his IC Title defense Sunday against Bad News Barrett.
- RVD, Cesaro and Jack Swagger continued their feud that will take place at Extreme Rules.
- Alexander Rusev continued his mission to destroy R-Truth and Xavier Woods.
- A contract signing took place for the first ever "WEE-L-C Match" between Hornswoggle and El Torito. The match will kick off the WWE Extreme Rules pre-show at 7:30pm. I'm assuming this will me a midget wrestlers version of a "T-L-C Match" involving tables, ladders and chairs? Guess we'll have to tune in on the pre-show and find out.
- Dean Ambrose successfully defended his WWE United States Championship in the fatal four way main event. The Shield sent a final warning to Evolution as they triple powerbombed Ryback to close the show. #houndsofjustice
Quick Match Results:
- The Wyatt Family def. Sheamus and The Usos by pin.
- Rob Van Dam def. Jack Swagger by pin.
- Alexander Rusev def. R-Truth by DQ. Xavier Woods interferes in the match.
- Dolph Ziggler def. Damien Sandow by pin.
- Big E def. Titus O'Neil by DQ.
- WWE U.S. Title "Fatal Four Way Match": Dean Ambrose (c) def. Ryback, Curtis Axel and Alberto Del Rio by pin.
WWE News and Rumors:
- The following have been announced for the WWE Network coming soon this year: WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014, The Monday Night War, WWE Total Divas. WWE Rivalries, WCW Clash of the Champions, WWE Saturday Morning Slam, Rock n' Wrestling (tentative), WWE Saturday Night's Main Event and WCW Nitro
- WWE Network is now available on XBox One video game and entertainment system.
- WWE officially announced the releases of the following: Mason Ryan, Oliver Grey, Danny Burch, and Shaul Guerrero.
- Rumor going around is that WWE may be interested in signing Japanese star, KENTA. KENTA has shown interest in the past of inking a deal with WWE.
- Bill Goldberg has stated that he may be interested in wrestling at Wrestlemania 31 for a one time deal. He has been in talks with Triple H and still on good terms with WWE. Goldberg who will be 48 by the time Wrestlemania season rolls around again, is still in great condition and works out everyday. #whosnext
- WWE is currently working on and will be releasing a new Batista DVD/Blu-Ray. #theanimal
- If you are a subscriber to DirecTV or Dish Network then as Bad News Barrett would say.....I'm afraid I have some BAD NEWS! DirecTV and Dish Network will not be showing WWE Extreme Rules this Sunday due to them claiming unfairness that WWE is showing their pay per views on their network. All about the money in simpler terms.
WWE Extreme Rules Card:
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane.
- WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E (c) vs Bad News Barrett.
- WWE Divas Championship: Paige (c) VS Tamina Snuka.
- "Six Man Tag Match": Evolution vs The Shield.
- "Steel Cage Match": John Cena vs Bray Wyatt.
- "Triple Threat Match": Cesaro vs Jack Swagger vs RVD.
- "Handicap Match": Alexander Rusev vs R-Truth and Xavior Woods.
- "WEE-L-C Match": Hornswoggle vs El Torito.
And that is a wrap my friends, I will be back for a special Monday edition as I recap WWE Extreme Rules. Till then tap or snap.