Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, brings you the TNA One Night Only Recap Edition.
TNA held a live One Night Only pay per view, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, on Friday night to kick off the new year. Just three days removed from TNA's return on Pop TV, TNA finally have a TNA World Heavyweight Champion crowned and his name is Ethan Carter. EC3 defeated Matt Hardy in the Finals of the World Title Series to be crowned the new champion. Now we move forward back within the Ethan Carter Era and take in tonight's One Night Only event.
*** TNA One Night Only ***
- "TNA X-Division Championship, Fatal Four Way Elimination Match": Tigre Uno (c) vs. DJ Z vs. Mandrews vs. Crazy Steve: Mandrews lands a standing Shooting Star Press on top of Crazy Steve and Tigre Uno, covers Steve, scores the pinfall and eliminates Steve from the match. Steve, upset that he was eliminated, attacks Tigre Uno on the floor, locks him in the chicken wing submission and leaves the champ laid out. Tigre finally makes it back to the ring just as Mandrews blocks a DJ Z springboard and scores a rollup pinfall on DJ Z. The match closes out with, Tigre and Mandrews going back and forth, until both end up on the top rope in the corner. Tigre hits a moonsault superplex on Mandrews off the top rope, covers and scores the pinfall to retain the title. After the match, Shane Helms arrives in TNA and goes face to face with Tigre Uno. Helms points to his wrist, signaling that Tigre's title reign is running out of time soon.
Winner: Tigre Uno, by pinfall, to retain the TNA X-Division Championship.
- Backstage, Eric Young and Bram talk about their match tonight. EY says Beer Money is a disease. Bram states that he hates Beer Money. EY also promises to get revenge on Jeff Hardy.
Winner: Rockstar Spud, by pinfall.
Winner: Mike Bennett, by pinfall.
Winner: Awesome Kong, by pinfall, becoming #1 Contender to the TNA Women's Championship.
- Backstage, The Wolves get into a brawl with Jesse Godderz and Eli Drake, who just arrived to the arena.
- Pepper Parks vs. Trevor Lee: The match closes out with, Parks getting a near fall fisherman buster on Lee. Lee pokes Parks in the eye and hits a running punch for a near fall. Parks hits a Sky High on Lee and gets a near fall. Lee counters a Death Valley Driver with a kick to the head and follows with a double stomp. Lee sets up Parks and hits a fisherman cradle buster to score the pinfall.
Winner: Trevor Lee, by pinfall.
- Backstage, The Dollhouse offer protection to Awesome Kong. Kong promises great tutelage to them and Gail Kim better just hand over her TNA Women's Championship.
The Pope Promo: The Pope says he's been scouting TNA talent and has one person in mind that he feels is a waste of time. Pope calls out Grado, who appears and meets with Pope. Grado is happy to be back in TNA. Pope calls Grado a joke and mocks Grado's dancing gimmick. Grado says he'll prove himself tonight and challenges anyone to a match. Abyss' music hits and out comes the monster. Abyss calls Grado trash, just like the Pennsylvania fans and makes this match a Monster's Ball Match.
- "Monster's Ball Match": Grado vs. Abyss: The match closes out with, Abyss laying down the thumbtacks, bringing in barbed wire boards and barbed wire bats. Abyss swings the barbed wire bat at Grado, but Grado ducks, grabs a steel chair and unloads on Abyss. Grado plants a boot on Abyss, knocks Abyss over and onto one of the barbed wire boards. Grado places another barbed wire board on top of Abyss, sandwiching Abyss and gets a near fall top rope splash on the monster. Grado picks up the barbed wire bat and measures a swing on Abyss. Abyss counters, grabs Grado and choke slams him right onto the pile of thumbtacks for the pinfall.
Winner: Abyss, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Kurt Angle and Drew Galloway promise a tag titles win and Jesse Godderz and Eli Drake will be dealt with.
Winners: The Wolves, by submission, to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
- Backstage, Bobby Lashley wants revenge on Tyrus for costing him the TNA World Heavyweight Championship on Tuesday.
Winner: Bobby Lashley, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Bobby Roode says if he was told there would be a Beer Money reunion awhile back he would say we're crazy. James Storm says he's back in TNA cause TNA is family.
Winners: Bobby Roode and James Storm, by pinfall.
This closes out the pay per view.