Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the New Japan Pro Wrestling Invasion Attack 2016 recap. The event took place live at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan.
*** NJPW Invasion Attack 2016 ***
- The Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Juice Robinson and Ryusuke Taguchi: The Bullet Club took the advantage early by jumping Robinson and Taguchi from behind. The match closes out with Robinson taking control and beating down Takahashi. Robinson, however, gets hit with a steel chair and gets taken out. Fale comes in and hits the Grenade on Robinson, but Tacguchi breaks up the pinfall attempt. Robinson gets planted with the Bad Luck Fall and The Bullet Club score the pinfall. After the match, Robinson is helped backstage by officials after taking a bad bump on the Bad Luck Fall.
Winners: The Bullet Club, by pinfall.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": CHAOS (Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata: The match closes out with Kojima hitting a DDT on Sakuraba and then unloads a series of chops on him. Kojima hits the Koji Cutter on HASHI and then Nagata beats down HASHI and kicks him into the corner. HASHI regains offense, cleans house and clears the ring. HASHI gets a near fall rollup up and then plants a superkick on Nagata. Nagata is back up, lands a hard knee and then plants HASHI with a backdrop to score the pinfall.
Winners: Jushin Thunder Liger, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata, by pinfall.
- CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Hirooki Goto) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japan (Bushi and Evil): Evil and Bushi attack Ishii, but Goto makes the save and both teams begin brawling. The match closes out with Goto and Evil hitting double clotheslines on each other three times. Ishii comes in and hits a suplex on Bushi, but Bushi comes back with a missile dropkick and gets a near fall. Evil irish whips Ishii into Bushi, who hits the Code Breaker for a near fall. Ishii hits a lariat and a power bomb on Bushi and gets a near fall. Goto comes in and lands a big headbutt on Evil. Team CHAOS hits the Ushigoroshi into the sliding lariat and pick up the pinfall. After the match, Evil and Goto continue to brawl and have to be separated by officials.
Winners: CHAOS, by pinfall.
- "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match": Ricochet and Matt Sydal (c) vs. Roppongi Vice: The match closes out with Sydal landing a drop kick on Trent and Ricochet follows with the 450 splash for a near fall. Sydal misses a shooting star and gets hit with the Dude Buster from Trent. Romero and Ricochet trade back and forth reversals, until Ricochet is nailed with a clothesline. Ricochet counters the hurricanrana by landing on his feet, but eats two big knees. Romero takes Sydal out with a suicide dive and then hits Strong Zero for the pinfall and the titles.
Winners: Roppongi Vice, by pinfall, to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
- "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match": KUSHIDA (c) vs. Will Ospreay: The match closes out with KUSHIDA nailing Ospreay with the Nomo. Ospreay comes back with the running C4 and gets a near fall. Ospreay goes to the top rope, but KUSHIDA cuts him off. Ospreay hits a superkick, but misses the corkscrew SSP as KUSHIDA gets his knees up. KUSHIDA applies an armbar on Ospreay and turns it into a triangle submission. KUSHIDA then turns the triangle submission into a Hoverboard Lock submission and forces Ospreay to tap out. After the match, Jushin Thunder Liger congratulates KUSHIDA and then challenges him to a title match.
Winner: KUSHIDA, by submission, to retain the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship.
- "NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Match": The Bullet Club Elite (Young Bucks and Kenny Omega) (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin and Yoshi Tatsu: Before the match, Kenny Omega takes a shot at the WWE and states that people wasted their money ordering Wrestlemania 32 and they are about to witness what they should be spending their money on. During the match Cody Hall got involved and appeared to have smacked his head pretty good on the floor after catching a Young Bucks flying body press. The match closes out with Omega spraying everyone with cold spray. Tatsu gets laid out with a double enziguri and hit with a Swanton Bomb, but kicks out. The Bullet Club hit a trifecta of super kicks and Omega goes for a Styles Clash on Tatsu. Elgin and Tanahashi break up the move by spraying Omega in the face. Elgin grabs both Young Bucks and plants both with german suplexes. Elgin counters the Meltzer Driver and hits a power bomb to the floor on Nick. Elgin hits the Deadlift Falcon Arrow, but Nick kicks out. Elgin next hits a super power bomb and finally scores the pinfall to win the titles. After the match, Omega and Big Mike have a face to face.
Winners: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin and Yoshi Tatsu, by pinfall, to win the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship.
- "NEVER Openweight Championship Match": Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan: The match closes out with Shibata hitting a power bomb on Tenzan. Tenzan comes back and lands a head butt on Shibata. Shibata goes for a head butt of his own in response, but gets locked in the Anaconda Vice submission. Shibata fights out of the hold by grabbing the ropes for the rope break. Shibata gets hit with the TTD by Tenzan. Shibata comes back, hits the PK and scores the pinfall, to retain the title. After the match, Shibata bows to Tenzan, then boots Nagata in the face.
Winner: Katsuyori Shibata, by pinfall, to retain the NEVER Openweight Championship
- "IWGP Tag Team Championship Match": GBH (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) (c) vs. Guerrilas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa): The match closes out with Tama hitting a dropkick and a flapjack for a near fall. Tama gets dropped with a clothesline, a Death Valley Driver and the Kokeshi from Honma and Makabe for a near fall. Tama hits the Tongan Twist on Makabe and Roa plants Honma with a spine buster. A double clothesline spot by Makabe drops everyone. Honma lands a big headbutt on Tama, but misses a diving head butt. Makabe and Honma hit the G9 on Makabe and a powerbomb/reverse DDT on Honma for a near fall. Makabe and Honma finally hit the Snapshot, score the pinfall and win the titles.
Winners: Guerrilas Of Destiny, by pinfall, to win the IWGP Tag Team Championship.
-"IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match": Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito: The match closes out with Okada landing three straight dropkicks and gets a near fall. Okada flies off the top rope and hits another drop kick for another near fall on Naito. Okeda hits a flying elbow drop, then taunts everyone with the and Rainmaker pose. Okada accidentally knocks out the referee, which opens the door for Evil and Bushi to hit the ring and attack. Okada lays out Evil and Bushi and then drop kicks Naito again. Okada hits a tombstone pile driver, but suddenly a masked man hits the ring. The masked man hits a TKO on Okada, unmasks, reveals himself as Sanada and he's wearing a Los Ingobernables shirt. Naito lands an enziguri, but Okada hits a german suplex. Okada goes for the Rainmaker, but Naito counters, hits the Destino, scores the pinfall and wins the championship. After the match, Los Ingobernables attack Okada and Gedo. CHAOS hits the ring and makes the save. Naito and Ishii have a face to face before Naito leaves the ring and leaves his title.
Winner: Tetsuya Naito, by pinfall, to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.