- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Mo Williams is expected to miss at least two weeks with knee injury according to coach Tyronn Lue. The team will reevaluated after that time period and Williams will continue treatment on his knee. Last week Mo visited orthopedist Dr.James Andrews, who diagnosed Williams with chondramalacia under the knee cap.
Bennett hasn't been productive for the Raptors, appearing in 19 games and averaging 1.5 points and 1.2 rebounds while shooting just 29.6 percent in 4.4 minutes per game. Anthony Bennett maybe the biggest NBA bust of this decade.
- Former NBA player Michael Beasley was named Foreign Most Valuable Player of the Chinese Basketball Association. Beasley is eligible to be signed by any NBA team and would be playoff-eligible as long as he is signed by the final day of the regular season. He averaged 31.7 points and 13.2 rebounds in his 37 games, with Shandong Golden Stars and they were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
- Tom Brady and the Patriots agree to a 2 year contract extension,the deal will run through the 2019 season when Brady will be 42 years old. Brady had two years left on his contract, paying him $9 million for 2016 and $10 million for 2017. Immediate details on his 2018 and 2019 are currently unavailable.
- Browns safety Donte Whitner has talked to Tashaun Gipson: "I don't think he's too hopeful he's going to be back" "It would be a blow" if Gipson is gone in free agency.
- The New Orleans Saints released veteran wide receiver Marques Colston Monday with a failed physical designation. Colston, 32, was in the final year of his five-year, $36.3 million contract that included $17.7 million guaranteed. In 2015, Colston appeared in 13 games and caught 45 passes for 520 yards receiving and four touchdowns.
- Finally, during the halftime of the Clippers game last night, the team unveiled their new mascot: Chuck the Condor. Uhh.... yea.