Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE ***
- Paul Heyman Re-Signs: The master on the microphone, Paul Heyman did in fact appear with Brock Lesnar this past Monday on RAW as The Beast's mouthpiece. Sources have said that Heyman has finally signed a new contract.
- New Women's Championship In The Works: Smackdown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan recently stated that WWE is working on another WWE Women's Championship that will be the sole property of Smackdown Live. As of now the current WWE Women's Championship is on RAW only. Bryan says that the WWE is taking its time and not rushing the reveal because they want to do it right.
- UFC's Conor McGregor Rips Brock Lesnar And The WWE: UFC fighter Conor McGregor was interviewed this week and took shots at Brock Lesnar and the WWE for his recent failed drug tests.
"I haven't really thought about it. For the most part, those WWE guys are p*ssies. To be honest, they're messed up p*ssies, if you ask me. Fair play to Brock, he got in a fight but at the end of the day he's juiced up to the f**king eyeballs so how can I respect that?"
McGregor then stated that he has no issues with The McMahon Family, Triple H or The Rock. As for CM Punk, McGregor is still waiting for Punk to prove himself.
- Alberto Del Rio Comments On Rumors Of Unhappiness In The WWE: Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted in their latest issue about Alberto Del Rio's unhappiness in the WWE and stated that Del Rio has an out clause in his contract in September. Del Rio recently made his comment on the rumors currently circulating in the wrestling world about WWE and TNA wanting to sign Del Rio.
"At the end of the day you can love what you do, but you have to be rewarded. If somebody wants to have me in their organization, they have to pay me, and there is no other place like WWE, which is a major league of progress and growth. TNA does not have the wherewithal as WWE does."
- Nikki Bella Update: While Nikki has been training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, she has not been medically cleared to return to action as of yet. Sources are saying that due to her neck injury, Nikki would only be able to work a part-time schedule if she is cleared. Many think she'll end up on Smackdown Live if cleared to wrestle.
- Ryback Finished: Ryback recently tweeted out a thank you to all the fans and stated that his contract has expired and he's officially finished working with the WWE.
- Bray Wyatt Injured: WWE have recently stated that Bray Wyatt rolled his ankle during Tuesday's WWE SmackDown Live main event against Dolph Ziggler. After the match ended, the referee threw up the "X" symbol that signals a legit in ring injury, but Wyatt didn't want to stop and didn't want help from trainers. Dave Meltzer confirmed on Wrestling Observer Radio that Wyatt sprained his ankle. Wyatt was still planning on working weekend WWE live events, but If he does miss this weekend's matches, that could indicate that the injury is serious. Meltzer also confirmed that WWE wanted Wyatt to stop the match on Tuesday night but he refused.
- Paige Injured: Sources have said that Paige has been taken off the upcoming Australian tour due to back and shoulder injuries. Paige is expected to be out of action for two weeks, maybe longer.
- Jimmy Uso Injured: Sources have said that Jimmy Uso missed Smackdown Live this week due to an unknown injury. It's still unknown when Jimmy will be back.
- Big Show vs. Shaq: Sources are saying that Big Show vs. Shaq at Wrestlemania 33 is all but signed for the grandest stage in the wrestling business. Both Show and Shaq have been vocal about the match and have said that it is definitely happening.
- Daniel Bryan On RAW: WWE announced that RAW GM Mick Foley has invited Smackdown Live GM Daniel Bryan an opportunity to attend RAW tomorrow. Bryan has accepted and will be there.
- Lilian Garcia Leaving WWE: Longtime WWE ring announcer Lilian Garcia announced Monday that she's leaving the WWE to spend time with her father, who is suffering from multiple types of cancer. Garcia missed time earlier this year when his health took a turn for the worse, but returned to work for the last few months.
- Rhyno Wins Republican Primary: This past Tuesday, Terry “Rhyno” Gerin won in a three-way Republican primary to represent the 15th district in the Michigan House of Representatives. Gerin received 38% of the vote and now faces Democrat Abdullah Hammoud in November. The district covers Dearborn, parts of Ann Arbor and beyond.
- Cruiserweight Classic Tournament Episode #4 Highlights:
- "WWE Universal Championship Match": Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
- "WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match": Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
- "WWE Intercontinental Championship Match": The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews
- "WWE Women's Championship Match": Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte
- Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
- John Cena vs. AJ Styles
*** NXT ***
- MVP News: Former WWE and TNA superstar, MVP, was spotted backstage at last Saturday nights NXT live show in Houston, Texas. Rumors have been circulating that the WWE have been very interested in bringing back the former WWE United States Champion. As of now there is no official word on MVP signing with WWE or NXT. MVP did however comment and state that he's not signing right now, but anything is possible in the future.
*** NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 2 Card ***
- "NXT World Championship Match": Samoa Joe (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
- "NXT Women's Championship Match": Asuka (c) vs. Bayley
- "NXT World Tag Team Championship Match": The Revival (c) vs. Tomasso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano
*** TNA ***
-- Mike Bennett tells Ethan Carter that he will never be able to get over the fact that Bennett handed EC3 his first TNA loss. Bennett and Moose attack EC3. EC3 gets beat down and choke bombed off the top rope by Moose.
-- James Storm defeated Eli Drake, by pinfall, to win the TNA King Of The Mountain Championship. Drake went for a springboard, but eats Last Call by Storm for the win.
-- Bobby Lashley confronts James Storm, says he's collecting titles and wants Storm's. Storm and Lashley agree to a title vs. title match.
-- Gail Kim defeated Allie and Sienna, by pinfall, in a handicap match. Sienna misses The Silencer and accidentally hits Allie allowing Gail to score the pinfall.
-- Matt Hardy blames Jeff Hardy for tarnishing the Hardy name, costing The Hardy's the tag team titles last year when Jeff got injured and tells Jeff he's going to win them the tag titles back on his own.
-- The Hardy's defeated Two Local Wrestlers, by pinfall. Jeff hits the Swanton Bomb, but Matt tags himself in, hits the Twist Of Hate on Jeff and then pins the local talent wrestler.
-- Throughout the show Rosemary is telling Bram a story about her getting her heart broken on Valentine's Day. Bram gets creeped out and tries to leave. Rosemary threatens Bram with an axe as Abyss and Crazy Steve knock Bram out and toss him in the trunk of a car.
-- Ethan Carter defeated Mike Bennett, by pinfall, to become the #1 contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Maria gets ejected. Moose tries to interfere, but Eddie Edwards makes the save. Bennett goes for the Miracle In Progress, but EC3 counters and hits the One Percenter for the win.
- Ric Flair Regrets Working For TNA: During Flair's recent The Ric Flair Show podcast, Flair stated that he never should have wrestled again after losing to Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 24. Flair went on to say that he was treated fair in TNA, has nothing bad to say about TNA and got along with everyone in TNA, but he wishes he never would've went there. He said he made good money, but not WWE money with a limited schedule, but he honestly wishes he never would have went to TNA.
- Ethan Carter Contract: EC3 was interviewed recently and stated that his contract with TNA will expire in January of 2017. No word on if TNA have offered him a new contract yet.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
-- Jay Lethal says he's furious over how The Bullet Club attacked and cost Kyle O'Reilly a fair ROH World Championship Match last week. Lethal demands a six man tag team match tonight with Lethal and The Briscoes vs. Adam Cole and The Young Bucks of The Bullet Club. ROH matchmaker, Nigel McGuinness makes the match official.
-- Kevin Sullivan tells Steve Corino that BJ Whitmer is now the chosen one and Corino needs to stay out of the way.
-- Moose defeated P Dogg, by pinfall, with a spear. After the match, Donovan Dijak challenges Moose and he accepts.
-- Donovan Dijak defeated Moose, by pinfall, with Feast Your Eyes. After the match, medics check on Moose as Dijak bicycle kicks Stokley Hathaway.
-- Nigel McGuinness announces that he told security to be on guard and rush the ring immediately if The Bullet Club start to resort to the types of actions they took last week.
-- Jay Lethal and The Briscoes defeated Adam Cole and The Young Bucks, by pinfall, in a Six Man Tag Team Match. Mark Briscoe gets put through a table and taken to the back by medics. Lethal hits the Lethal Injection on Cole and then rolls up Matt Jackson for the pinfall.
-- The Bullet Club attack Lethal and Jay Briscoe. Cole unloads steel chair shots on Briscoe. Cole nails Briscoe with the Jay Driller on the steel chair. Lethal gets a triple super kick and is draped over the ropes. The Bucks hold down Lethal as Cole shaves Lethal's head and promises Lethal that he will take Lethal's ROH World Championship.
- New #1 Contender To The ROH Television Championship: ROH announced Wednesday that IWGP NEVER Openweight Champion Katsuyori Shibata will challenge for the ROH Television Championship at the ROH TV tapings on August 20th.
*** GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING ***
*** W3C Wrestler Of The Week ***
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion (3 times)
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion (6 times) – with Minoru (2 times) and Ryusuke Taguchi (4 times)
- Best of the Super Juniors (2010, 2013)
- J Sports Crown Openweight 6 Man Tag Tournament Winner (2010, 2011) – with Ryusuke Taguchi and Hirooki Goto
- NXT World Champion (1 time)
- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Tournament Classic Winner (2015) – with Samoa Joe
Balor has also won many titles in the independent wrestling promotions as well.
- Wrestling Origins: Finn Balor
- "IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match": Prince Devitt vs. Kenny Omega
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!