Well the Indians survived their series with the Chicago White Sox, splitting the two game series one game a piece. The Tribe dropped Tuesday night's game 4-1, but came out victorious on Wednesday afternoon, winning 4-2.
Game one, Ryan Raburn, unfortunately, was the only Tribe hitter to drive in any RBI's on Tuesday night's game. Raburn went 1 for 3 with that lone RBI, in the Tribe loss.
Game two, Lonnie Chisenhall, led the Tribe to a victory. Chisenhall went 2 for 4 and drove in 2 RBI on a double in the bottom of the 4th inning. Michael Bourn and Carlos Santana drove in an RBI apiece. Tribe starter, Trevor Bauer pitched 6 strong innings with 8 strikeouts and 4 walks. Bauer goes to 2-0 on the season.
Next up, the Indians kick off a three game set with the Minnesota Twins, at Minnesota. The Twins finished up their series with the Kansas City Royals. Losing game one 12-3, winning game two 3-1 and taking the win and the series 8-5 in game 3.
Game one, saw Kennys Vargas going 2 for 4 and driving in an RBI for the Twins. Trevor Plouffe had a homer and Torii Hunter provided the other RBI. Unfortunately that was the only major damage, as the reigning AL Champions smoked the Twins.
Game two, Oswaldo Arcia led the Twins on offense. Arcia went 1 for 3 with a two run jack into the seats. Brian Dozier hit a sac fly to provide an RBI. Solid relief pitching by Brian Duensing, Casey Fien and Glen Perkins secured the win for Twins starter Kyle Gibson.
Game three, Kennys Vargas returned with a vengeance, crushing a two run jack in the second inning. Vargas finished the day 2 for 4. Joe Mauer went 1 for 3, with 3 RBI. Mauer picked up RBI's on a ground out, a single and a sac fly. Kurt Suzuki went 2 for 4 with 2 RBI on a 2 run homer. The Twins took the series from the defending AL Champions.
*** Starters For The Series ***
- Game 1: Mike Pelfrey (0-0), will start the opener of the series. Pelfrey takes the mound in his second start. Pelfrey has a 7.20 ERA, with 2 strikeouts and 1 walk.
- Game 2: Phil Hughes (0-2), will come in for his third start of the year. Hughes has a 5.25 ERA, with 10 strikeouts and 1 walk.
- Game 3: Trevor May (0-1), closes out the series on Sunday afternoon. May makes his second start of the year. May takes the mound with a 8.44 ERA, with 4 strikeouts and 1 walk.
* Indians *
- Game 2: T.J. House (0-1), gets the start in game two of the series. House comes in with an embarrassing ERA of 40.50 with 3 strikeouts and 2 walks.
- Game 3: (TBD) Originally, Carlos Carrasco was supposed to get today's start, but was sidelined until Monday, due to the line drive shot to the face. It's still unknown, as of yet, who will start today's game.
There is your Indians vs. Twins preview, continue to join me all season, with Inside The Batter's Box. I'll bring you series previews, recaps, videos and pictures, on the Triple Threat CLE Twitter and Facebook pages.