Wrestling Lockup with Brandon is here, brought to you by Triple Threat Podcast. Today's edition is the Smackdown recap from last night.
A few days ago, WWE made an official announcement involving WWE Smackdown and where it will be on SyFy's official fall schedule. SyFy announced that their plans involve WWE Smackdown staying on Friday night and will not move to Thursday, as rumors originally stated a few weeks back. Now on to last nights recap, taking place in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- In Ring Segment: Smackdown kicked off with the 15 time World Champion, John Cena, making his way to the ring to cut a promo. Cena says he is ready for Brock Lesnar at Night of Champions and he's sick of people thinking that he is fragile and at the end of his career just because he was dominated at SummerSlam. He is a fighter and wants to be champion and the day that he doesn't want to be champion is the day he leaves forever. He will get his redemption at Night of Champions. Kane and Seth Rollins interrupt Cena and make jokes about Cena's career being over and compare him to a 50 year old man with a midlife crisis. Cena, Kane and Rollins trade more insults with each other when they are interrupted by Roman Reigns. Reigns says that this Monday he finishes his business with Randy Orton and since Orton isn't there tonight, then he wants Kane and Rollins. The lights go out and come back on and we now have The Wyatt Family with Kane and Rollins, surrounding Cena and Reigns. Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry arrive to even the teams at 5 and 5. Triple H comes out and announces a 10 man tag team main event for later tonight.
- Dolph Ziggler vs Cesaro: Sheamus is at the announcers table for this match. Cesaro goes for "The Neutralizer" on Ziggler. Ziggler counters the finisher and rolls Cesaro up for the pinfall. After the match Cesaro attacks Ziggler. Sheamus slides in the ring and tosses his U.S. Title to Cesaro. Cesaro is distracted with catching the title and gets a "Brogue Kick" from Sheamus.
- Backstage Segment: Stardust and Goldust cut a promo. The Usos are liars and The Rhodes Brothers want what The Usos have, the WWE World Tag Team Championship. The Rhodes Brothers will get what they deserve at Night of Champions.
- Jimmy Uso (w/Jey Uso) vs Heath Slater (w/Titus O’Neil): Jey is sporting crutches tonight, still hurting from The Rhodes Brothers attack on his knee Monday. Titus tries to interfer but gets superkicked by Jimmy. Jimmy delivers another super kick to Slater then flies from the top rope with the "Superfly Splash" for the pinfall.
- Pre-Recorded Video: A video of Stephanie McMahon cutting a promo from earlier today plays. Announces that after the actions of the Divas on Monday, Paige will defend the WWE Divas Championship against A.J. Lee and Nikki Bella at Night of Champions.
- Backstage Segment: Nikki Bella cuts a promo. Thanks Stephanie McMahon for this huge opportunity at the WWE Divas Championship. Is starting to realize what it's like to have a real sister now, thanks to Stephanie. Again blames Brie for ruining her entire life and will never accept Brie's apologies.
- In Ring Segment: Rusev and Lana come out to the ring to cut a promo. Lana says that if America had a heart it would be made in China. America is past its prime just like Mark Henry. Rusev, The Super Athlete, defines Russia. Mark Henry interrupts the Russian couples anti-American hatred. Henry says he's still waiting for Rusev to accept his challenge or is he going to just hide behind Lana....aka....his escort. Lana accepts Henry's challenge for Night of Champions. Henry promises to give Rusev a red, white and blue ass whooping.
- Paige vs Brie Bella: Nikki Bella and A.J. Lee are on commentary for this match. A.J. and Nikki begin fighting on the floor. Brie slides to the floor and tries to help her sister, almost getting counted out. Brie gets back in the ring and gets hit with Paige's finisher, allowing Paige to score the pinfall.
- Bo Dallas vs Zack Ryder: Dallas with the "Bo-Dog" for the pinfall. Dallas cuts a promo after the match. Says if Jack Swagger can turn his life around, than so can America. Swagger hits the ring and unloads punches on Dallas. Swagger goes for the "Patriot Lock" but Dallas escapes.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": Seth Rollins, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs Roman Reigns, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry and Big Show: We have a brawl breakout in the end. Cena goes for the STF on Rollins but gets attacked by The Wyatts. The brawl continues after the bell is sounded with the baby faces all hitting their finishers. Smackdown closes out with Cena giving an "AA" to Rollins and celebrating.
And that wraps up this weeks Smackdown recap. More recaps come your way on Tuesday afternoon with the Jerry Springer edition of Monday Night RAW! Till then, tap or snap!