Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE ***
- Goldberg's Deal: As of this time Goldberg's contract is for one match only against Brock Lesnar at WWE Survivor Series. WWE has stated, however, that they are willing to go forward with more matches depending on how Goldberg feels and how well the fans react to Goldberg's return.
- Dolph Ziggler Moving Forward: Many speculated that Ziggler was in fact going to take the loss at WWE No Mercy as his contract was set to expire after the event. With Ziggler defeating The Miz, winning the WWE Intercontinental Championship and saving his career, it looks as if Ziggler will be remaining in the WWE for a little bit longer.
- WWE No Mercy: If you missed last Sunday's WWE No Mercy pay per view, be sure to head back and check out my recap of the show right here at Triple Threat CLE.
"Same shit different day. Kids..Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable."
- Paige's Parents Comment On The Issue: After Paige was suspended by WWE, Paige's father, United Kingdom wrestling promoter, Ricky Knight, stated the following on his Facebook page:
"ok here we go again yes i know about my daughters suspension once again she has not failed a drug test.
My daughter has had a long term neck injury which imo has not been dealt with. i have ask my daughter to return to UK For help with this injury as help and direction in the USA has not been forthcoming imo. She has been in pain and out of in ring action for a fair while now and has been prescribed pain killers which apparently is against the wellness program. i feel my daughter has been let down big time in the USA and the proper care and advice needed in the position she has been in has not happened to say i am pissed off with the situation is an understatement, this is my statement i am not open to questions thankyou for your cooperation."
Paige's mother Saraya Knight also stated her opinion on her Facebook page:
"sometimes letting out a scream just doesn't sound loud enough, banging your head against a wall doesn't reach the spot, closing down emotionally causes inner demons to surface, asking for help creates rumours, being in a sea of people but being alone, sometimes life just sucks..."
WWE also gave their opinion on the Paige suspension and stated the following:
“Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug. In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”
- WWE Tribute To The Troops: WWE announced on Tuesday that they will be having the 14th annual Tribute To The Troops event on December 13th at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. WWE have been holding this event yearly to honor all of our military men and women.
- Elimination Chamber Is Returning: WWE announced on Tuesday that there are plans to hold another WWE Elimination Chamber event sometime in 2017. The date, city and arena have not been announced as of yet, so stay tuned.
- Tyson Kidd Update: Tyson Kidd recently posted an update on his condition on social media. Kidd stated that he still can’t feel his head or move it the way he used to, but he still remains focused on his recovery. Bruce Hart recently stated that he thinks Kidd's career is over. Kidd suffered a major injury a year and a half ago, after taking a Samoa Joe Muscle Buster wrong. Kidd landed wrong on his neck and was unable to move. Kidd has since been on the road to recovery and is still hoping to wrestle again one day.
*** NXT ***
- Asuka's Original Opponent: According to a few wrestling sources, Asuka's original opponent wasn't Mickie James. WWE was looking at getting Trish Stratus to make a one time return to battle the current NXT Women's Champion. Trish, however, is currently pregnant, which tossed out those plans for a return match. Stratus has stated that she would love to have one last top match with the WWE before officially calling it a career.
- Hideo Itami Injured: NXT announced that Hideo Itami has suffered a neck injury while competing at a NXT house show. Itami took a power slam wrong and some damage was done to his neck. WWE have stated that it is believed to be a serious neck injury and Itami will be out of action for a long period of time at the moment.
*** TNA ***
- TNA Impact Recap:
-- Eddie Edwards cuts a promo. Edwards thanks everyone and explains how it feels to be the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Bobby Lashley hits the ring, tackles Edwards and starts pounding on him. Edwards tries to fight back, but eats a Lashley spear. Lashley grabs a steel chair, but Moose and Ethan Carter hit the ring and chase off Lashley.
-- The Tribunal want to talk to TNA President Billy Corgan. Corgan's bodyguard Aiden O'Shea tells them to make an appointment and they need to start impressing Corgan because they are on the bubble right now.
-- "TNA Grand Championship Match": Aron Rex (c) vs. Jesse Godderz: Godderz wins round number one and round number two 10-9. Rex lands a cheap shot on Godderz and then hits the Revelator elbow in round three and scores the pinfall to retain the championship.
-- Bobby Lashley informs Moose and Ethan Carter that Billy Corgan decided on Moose vs. EC3 with the winner facing Lashley next week.
-- "TNA X Division Championship Match": DJ Z (c) vs. Marshe Rockett: The match closes out with Rockett countering the ZDT and hitting a leg lariat on DJ Z. Rockett goes for a corner splash, but DJ Z moves out of the way. DJ Z hits the ZDT on Rockett, scores the pinfall and retains the title.
-- Mike Bennett says TNA has been out to get him since day one and promises to help Maria get back her TNA Knockouts Championship. Allie informs Bennett that he, Sienna, Laurel Van Ness and anyone else associated with Maria are all banned from ringside.
-- "TNA Knockouts Championship, No DQ Match": Gail Kim (c) vs. Maria: The match closes out with Gail missing a cross body block and Maria unloads kendo stick shots on Gail. Gail blocks a kendo stick shot and drops Maria with Eat Defeat. Gail covers Maria, but pulls Maria off the mat at two and a half. Gail hits another Eat Defeat on Maria, but with a garbage can lid on Maria's face. Gail covers, scores the pinfall and retains the championship. Due to the loss, Maria is no longer in charge of the Knockouts Division.
-- Eli Drake confronts Ethan Carter backstage and calls him a choker. EC3 threatens to unleash hell on Drake. Drake tells EC3 to worry about not choking again against Moose.
-- Cody Rhodes and Eddie Edwards talk about their TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match next week.
-- Ethan Carter vs. Moose: The match closes out with EC3 hitting Moose with a corner splash, a flap jack and then goes for the One Percenter. Moose counters and hits Go To Hell on EC3. EC3 counters the Game Breaker and gets a near fall rollup. Moose counters another One Percenter attempt and hits the Game Breaker on EC3. Moose covers, scores the pinfall and wins a #1 contenders match against Bobby Lashley next week. After the match, Moose and Lashley go face to face to end the show.
- TNA President Billy Corgan Suing TNA: TNA President Billy Corgan has filed a lawsuit against Impact Wrestling, their parent company Impact Ventures LLC, TNA Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead, TNA Chairperson Dixie Carter, and even Dixie Carter's husband Serg Salias. The suit was filed in Chancery Court in Nashville Tennessee this past Wednesday. A temporary restraining order was approved, with Corgan filing a bond on Thursday to support it. A hearing has been scheduled for next Friday October 20th at 11:30AM for a temporary injunction. Corgan has requested a six-person jury to decide the outcome of the case.
- Total Nonstop Deletion: TNA and Broken Matt Hardy both recently announced that Hardy plans to film a whole episode of TNA Impact at the Hardy Estate in Cameron, North Carolina. The show will be titled "Total Nonstop Deletion." Hardy is looking to out do The Final Deletion, Delete or Decay and The Great War with this episode of Impact.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
- ROH TV Recap: This week's show was recap matches from ROH Field Of Honor from back in September.
-- Kyle O' Reilly vs. Katsuyori Shibata: The match closes out with O'Reilly hitting a brain buster on Shibata, follows that up with a big kick, another brain buster and then applies a shoulder lock submission. Shibata refuses to tap out and keeps fighting to try to escape. The referee finally stops the match and awards the victory to O'Reilly after Shibata passed out from the pain. After the match, O'Reilly and Shibata talk trash to each other and Shibata shoves his NEVER Openweight Championship in O'Reilly's face.
-- "ROH World Heavyweight Championship, 4 Corners Survival Match": Adam Cole (c) vs. Jay Lethal vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito: The match closes out with Lethal hitting the Hail To The King elbow drop on Cole. Tanahashi goes for a high risk maneuver, but Cole moves out of the way and Tanahashi crashes on the mat. Lethal hits the Lethal Injection on Tanahashi and then tries it on Cole. As Lethal attempts it, Naito blasts Lethal in the head with the ROH World Title. Cole plants a super kick on Naito and then the Last Shot on Lethal for the pinfall to retain the title.
*** Lucha Underground ***
- Lucha Underground TV Recap:
-- Chavo Guerrero attacks Dragon Azteca Jr. in the locker room and beats him down. Rey Mysterio arrives, stares down Chavo and sees Azteca laid out. Rey thinks it was Pentagon Dark that attacked Azteca, but figures out it was Chavo.
-- Famous B and Dr. Wagner Jr vs. Son of Havoc and Mascarita Sagrada: The match closes out with Sagrada hitting a fireman's carry on Famous. Havoc goes to the top rope, but gets shoved off by Wagner. Sagrada gets a double team beat down. Wagner hits a slam on Sagrada, Famous covers Sagrada by placing a stethoscope on him and scores the pinfall.
-- A video plays highlighting the White Rabbit.
-- Next week, Dario Cueto will spin his Dial Of Doom again.
-- Dario Cueto announces that Dragon Azteca Jr. is in the hospital and won't be in tonight's main event. Chavo Guerrero thinks he's taking Azteca's spot. Rey Mysterio interrupts and says he wants Chavo Guerrero tonight. Chavo is appalled that Rey thinks he attacked Azteca. Rey and Chavo trade punches as Cueto looks on pleased. Cueto adds Chavo to tonight's main event with Rey and Pentagon Dark.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
- King of Pro Wrestling took place live in Tokyo, Japan at the Ryogoku Sumo Hall.
-- "Six Man Tag Team Match": Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI and Will Ospreay vs. The Bullet Club (Adam Cole, Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi): The match closes out with everyone hitting their finishers on each other. Ospreay tosses Fale outside and then hits a suicide dive on him. Ishii hits a lariat on Takahashi and then the brain buster to score the pinfall.
-- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Ryusuke Taguchi and Bobby Fish vs. Toru Yano, Jado, Barreta and Rocky Romero: The match closes out with all eight men brawling in and out of the ring. Romero unloads a series of clotheslines on Honma until Romero finally gets taken out with the Kokeshi. Everyone hits their finishers on each other setting up the ending of the match. Honma hits a slam on Romero and follows that up with another Kokeshi to score the pinfall. After the match, Romero and Barreta appeared to be having tension with each other with Romero taking another loss.
-- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Go Shiozaki, Maybach Taniguchi, Katsuhiko Nakajima and Masa Kitamiya vs. Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi: The match closes out with Taniguchi and Shiozaki hitting a reverse 3D on Nakanishi and getting a near fall. Shiozaki picks up Nakanishi and hits a stalling brain buster that gets another near fall. Shiozaki measures up Nakanishi, charges and connects with a huge lariat. Shiozaki covers and scores the pinfall. After the match, Nagata and Nakajima brawl, as they both still have unfinished business with each other.
-- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, KUSHIDA and Jay Lethal vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL and BUSHI: The match closes out with Elgin getting worked over and blocked from tagging. Elgin finally gets the tag and we see Tanahashi and Lethal both take turns unloading. Lethal hits the Lethal Injection on Naito and Elgin hits the Buckle Bomb. Elgin plants Naito with the Elgin Bomb and scores the pinfall. After the match, EVIL destroys KUSHIDA with a steel chair shot to the head. BUSHI then hits a Code Breaker on KUSHIDA with the steel chair on him.
- Matt Sydal Arrested: Current NJPW pro wrestler Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) was arrested on September 23rd while entering the country after police found 2.12 grams of liquid marijuana in his possession at the Kansai Airport in Osaka Bay. The liquid was to be used in an e-cigarette. Sydal was convicted on October 13th but there are no details on his punishment as of yet. Japan has very strict drug laws so many think that Sydal may be let go from NJPW soon.
*** W3C Wrestler Of The Week ***
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion (2 times)
- WWE Intercontinental Champion (5 times)
- WWE United States Champion (1 time)
- WWE World Tag Team Champion (1 time) – with The Spirit Squad
- Money in the Bank Winner (2012)
- Slammy Award Winner (2 times)
** Best Twitter Handle or Social Champion (2014) – @HEELZiggler
** Match of the Year (2014) – Team Cena vs. Team Authority at Survivor Series
- FCW Florida Tag Team Champion (2 times) – with Brad Allen (1) and Gavin Spears (1)
- Dolph Ziggler Cashes In Money In The Bank On Alberto Del Rio:
- Best Of Dolph Ziggler:
- Dolph Ziggler vs. AJ Styles:
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!