Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE/NXT ***
- WWE Cruiserweight Classic: WWE have officially announced the 32 superstars that will be competing in the WWE Cruiserweight Classic Tournament this summer. The tournament will take place on June 23, July 14, August 26 and September 14, 2016. The tournament will showcase many different cruiserweights 205lbs. and lighter throughout the wrestling world. The following are the 32 superstars competing in this year's tournament:
Kota Ibushi, Gran Metalik, Tajiri, Zack Sabre Jr., Noam Dar, Cedric Alexander, Da Mack, Tony Nese, Zumbi, Clement Petiot, Fabian Aichner, Harv Sihra, Gurv Sihra, TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, Tyson Dux, Drew Gulak, The Brian Kendrick, Akira Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Ho Ho Lun, Anthony Bennett, Lince Dorado, Sean Maluta, Raul Mendoza, Kenneth Johnson, Alejandro Saez, Damien Slater, Ariya Daivari and Jason Lee
- Luke Harper Movie: It was announced this past week that Luke Harper has been cast to play in an upcoming movie entitled "Mohawk". Mohawk will be a horror movie directed by Ted Geoghegan and will be produced by Travis Stevens, Greg Newman and Grady Hendrix.
- Bobby Roode Makes NXT Debut: Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion and TNA original, Bobby Roode, made his official debut with NXT this past week at the NXT live event in the UK at the Download Festival. Roode faced Angelo Dawkins and picked up the victory.
- Next NXT PPV: WWE have announced that the next NXT pay per view will take place in August one day before Summer Slam at the Barclays Center. It'll be entitled NXT Takeover: Back To Brooklyn.
- RAW And Smackdown PPV's: According to a PWInsider reader, who attended the 38th annual Superman Celebration in Metropolis, Illinois this weekend claimed to have huge news involving future WWE pay per view's. The reader reported that Jerry Lawler was interviewed and stated that there will be two monthly pay-per-views for the Brand Extension, one for RAW and one for SmackDown, except for the top for events - the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and the Survivor Series. If true this is huge news and I will keep you posted.
"WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest."
- Neville Update: According to PWInsider, WWE has stated that Neville is scheduled to return to action by July. Neville has been on the DL with a broken ankle since March.
- Three WWE 2K17 Wrestlers Revealed: WWE announced its first three superstars that will be available in the upcoming WWE 2K17 video game. John Cena, The Ultimate Warrior and Sasha Banks are the first three to make the cut. You can also receive Goldberg as a playable character if you pre-order now.
Be sure to check out Triple Threat CLE Monday afternoon, as I'll have the Money In The Bank recap posted.
- "WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match": Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins
- "Money In The Bank, Ladder Match": Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sami Zayn
- "WWE United States Championship Match": Rusev (c) vs. Titus O'Neil
- "WWE World Tag Team Championship, Fatal Four Way Match": The New Day (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Enzo and Big Cass
- "WWE vs. TNA Dream Match": John Cena vs. AJ Styles
- Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Nattie Neidhart and Becky Lynch
17. Mike Adamle
16. Mick Foley
15. Brad Maddox
14. Daniel Bryan
13. Bret Hart
12. Jonathan Coachman
11. Stephanie McMahon
10. Anonymous General Manager
9. Mr. McMahon
8. AJ Lee
7. Triple H
6. Vickie Guerrero
5. John Laurinaitis
4. Shane McMahon
3. William Regal
2. Steve Austin
1. Eric Bischoff
*** TNA ***
-- Bobby Lashley brags about being the most dominate TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Ethan Carter interrupts and wants a title shot. Drew Galloway interrupts, tells EC3 to get to the back of the line cause Galloway is using his rematch clause tonight.
-- Jeff Hardy defeated Eli Drake, by DQ, after Matt Hardy attacked referee Earl Hebner and bit his hand. Drake retains the TNA King of the Mountain Championship.
-- Jeff Hardy wants to end this feud with Matt Hardy and calls Matt out. Jeff and Matt trade insults and begin brawling in the rafters. Reby Hardy sprays Jeff in the face with a fire extinguisher. Matt tosses Jeff down a railing and into a table.
-- Eddie Edwards defeated Trevor Lee, by pinfall, with the Boston Knee Party, to retain the TNA X-Division Championship.
-- Dixie Carter announces Gail Kim as the next inductee into the TNA Hall Of Fame. Gail raised the bar in the Knockouts Division, was the first ever TNA Knockouts Champion and is praised as one of the greatest women competitors in wrestling history. Gail thanks everyone and says she wouldn't be where she is today without TNA.
-- The Decay defeated The Tribunal, The BroMans and Mahabali Shera and Grado, by pinfall, in a Fatal Four Way Match to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
-- Jeff Hardy accepts Matt Hardy's Six Sides Of Steel Match for next week.
-- Mike and Maria Bennett cut a promo. Both are mad with the way TNA has treated them and feel they're not appreciated. Billy Corgan comes out and says he'll set up a meeting. Dixie Carter comes out and gets into an argument with Maria about the way Dixie runs TNA. Dixie ends up slapping Maria in the face.
-- Bobby Lashley defeated Drew Galloway, by submission, to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Ethan Carter stops Lashley from using a steel chair. EC3 swings the chair at Lashley, but accidentally hits Galloway. EC3 gets speared by Lashley. Lashley applies the triangle choke on Galloway for the win.
- TNA Slammiversary: Be sure to check out my recap of last Sunday's TNA Slammiversary event. Read about how Bobby Lashley, Sienna and Eddie Edwards walked out new champions.
- How TNA Slammiversary Almost Didn't Happen: TNA Chief Financial officer and Chief Operating Officer Dean Broadhead posted on his personal Facebook page this weekend about how he had to secure "interim financing" with just 12 hours to spare for TNA's "production trucks to roll" for Sunday's Slammiversary pay-per-view, and presumably Tuesday's semi-live Impact Wrestling episode. Broadhead stated that he logged more than 80 phone calls to attorneys, bankers, vendors and employees between Thursday and Friday in hopes of saving TNA Slammiversary and the live Impact show. PWInsider added that Broadhead's financial expertise is one of the major reasons why TNA has been able to stay alive over the past few years, so losing him would be a huge blow to the company.
- Madison Rayne Injured: TNA announced that Madison Rayne suffered an arm injury during last Monday nights TNA "One Night Only: World Cup" pay-per-view taping in Orlando, according to Squared Circle Sirens. The injury came during a Fatal 4 Way against Jade, Rosemary and Sienna. No word yet on how bad the injury was and how long Madison will be sidelined for.
- Jeff Hardy Interview: Jeff Hardy was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated to promote TNA Slammiversary. Hardy mentioned retirement soon, but would love to have one more match at Wrestlemania and would like it to be a Hell In A Cell Match. Hardy also talked about Shane McMahon, McMahon's leap from the cell at Wrestlemania 32 and how McMahon has also had an impact on Hardy's career to top McMahon's stunts.
- Bobby Lashley Re-Signs: TNA was happy to announce that their new TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley signed a new contract with TNA.
- Other TNA Re-signings: TNA announced on Friday that the company reached new contracts with Abyss, DJ Z, Al Snow and Rosemary.
- Chris Melendez Exits: Chris Melendez tweeted out on Wednesday that he is officially finished with TNA. Melendez stated that he actually asked for his release back in April, but TNA chose to keep Melendez on the roster and just let his contract expire.
- Former WWE Star Backstage At TNA Slammiversary: Former WWE Superstar, Jinder Mahal, was backstage at last Sunday's TNA Slammiversary event. Mahal looked to have been there just to support Drew Galloway's TNA World Heavyweight Championship defense against Bobby Lashley. Mahal was released from WWE two years ago, along with 3MB partner and former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Drew Galloway. No official word on if he'll be signed by TNA.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
- ROH TV Recap:
-- Tetsuya Naito defeated Moose, by pinfall with Destino.
-- All Night Xpress defeated Cheeseburger and Jushin Thunder Liger, by pinfall, after Kenny King hit a fireman's carry slam on Cheeseburger.
-- Silas Young cuts a promo and mocks ACH. ACH jumps out from the crowd, hits the ring and attacks Young.
-- Kyle O'Reilly defeated KUSHIDA, by pinfall, with a rollup.
- Adam Cole Hospitalized: ROHWrestling.com have announced that current Bullet Club member, Adam Cole, has been hospitalized with a case of pneumonia, and will miss this weekend’s live events in Hopkins, Minn. and Milwaukie, WI.
*** ROH Best In The World Card***
- "ROH World Heavyweight Championship Match": Jay Lethal (c) vs. Jay Briscoe
- "ROH Television Championship Match": Bobby Fish (c) vs. Dalton Castle
- "ROH World Tag Team Championship Match": The Addiction (c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
- "Fight Without Honor Match": B.J. Whitmer vs. Steve Corino
- Mark Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong
- Kyle O'Reilly vs. Kamaitachi
- ACH vs. Silas Young
*** LUCHA UNDERGROUND ***
-- Pentagon Jr. defeated Johnny Mundo, Ivelisse, Fenix, King Cuerno and Taya Valkyrie in a Six Way Survival Elimination Match to crown a #1 contender to the Lucha Underground Championship. During the match, Mil Muertes returned and attacked King Cuerno. The final two came down to Pentagon and Fenix. Pentagon hits the Canadian Destroyer followed by a Package Piledriver to score the pinfall on Fenix.
- Kazuchika Okada Sighting: Former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada was in attendance and backstage at Wednesday's Lucha Underground TV tapings in Los Angeles, California. No word as to whether he's expected to be involved in LU season 3.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
- NJPW Coming To Fight Network: Fight Network has officially announced in a press release that they have signed a deal to air New Japan Pro Wrestling on the Fight Network, starting July 7th, with new episodes every Thursday there after.
*** EVOLVE ***
-- Fred Yehi defeated Anthony Nese, by submission, with the Koji Clutch.
-- Ethan Page defeated Darby Allin, by pinfall, with a package piledriver. Allin suffered a shoulder injury during the match and was told to forfeit, but he refused and continued on.
-- Matthew Riddle defeated Cedric Alexander, by submission, with the leg and neck stretch. This was Alexander's debut in EVOLVE.
-- Catch Point (Drew Gulak and Hot Sauce Tracy Williams) defeated The Bravado Brothers (Harlem and Lancelot Bravado), by pinfall, with a DDT off the second rope, to retain the EVOLVE Tag Team Championship. After the match, Drew Gulak reminds Timothy Thatcher that he still has Thatcher’s EVOLVE Championship in his possession and Catch Point deserves title shots. Thatcher comes and says he will give Catch Point their opportunity soon, but he already has a match tonight.
-- Timothy Thatcher defeated Chris Hero, by submission, with the cross arm breaker, to retain the EVOLVE Championship. After the match, Tracy Williams challenges Thatcher. Stokely Hathaway says Williams isn't worthy and TJP should get a title shot. Thatcher accepts Williams' challenge and promises to hurt everyone that has disrespected the title. Matt Riddle leaves with the title in his possession and says he'll be the one to defeat Thatcher.
-- Drew Galloway and Ethan Carter defeated Johnny Gargano and TJP, by pinfall, after TJP took a Galloway tombstone and the EC3 One Percenter. After the match, Galloway promises the debut of Cody Rhodes, against Johnny Gargano, on August 19th and Rhodes will be aligned with Galloway and EC3.
-- Joe Coffey defeated Rory Gulak, by submission, with a elevated standing Boston Crab.
-- Cedric Alexander defeated Fred Yehi, by pinfall, after the Lumbar Check.
-- The Bravado Brothers defeated Darby Allin and Jason Cade, by pinfall, after a double-team Gory Special into a reverse STO on Darby Allin.
-- Matt Riddle defeated Trevor Lee, by submission, with a leg trap neck crank. Riddle still has the EVOLVE Championship in his possession.
-- Timothy Thatcher defeated Hot Sauce Tracy Williams, by submission, with the Fujiwara Armbar, to retain the EVOLVE Championship. After the match, Thatcher says TJP is next and then he wants Matt Riddle in a No Holds Barred Match.
-- Anthony Nese defeated Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano, Lince Dorado and TJ Perkins (TJP), in an Elimination Match, to earn a spot in the upcoming WWE Cruiserweight Classic.
- Drew Galloway defeated Ethan Page, by pinfall, with the Future Shock, in an Anything Goes Match.
- Johnny Gargano defeated Ethan Carter, in a Last Man Standing Match. EC3 knocked out referee D.A. Brewer. Referee Jamie Tucker came out, but got knocked out by EC3. EC3 ordered the ring to be dismantled, but Gargano trapped EC3 in the Gargano Escape while using a steel turnbuckle hook for leverage. Drew Galloway interfered, Future Shocks Gargano and drags out referee Brandon Tolle. Rory Gulak and TJ Perkins hit the ring and attack Galloway. Referee Brandon Tolle refuses to help EC3, hits a Stunner on EC3 and counts EC3 out, giving Gargano the win.
- CZW Tryouts: Do you want to be apart of one of the most violent, hardcore and action packed independent promotions around? Well here's your chance. Thursday, July 7th at 5:00pm in Dayton, Ohio, Combat Zone Wresting is holding tryouts and a seminar to promote the CZW brand.
*** OTHER NEWS ***
- Doubling Up: Damien Sandow appeared at the MCW show in Joppa, MD this past week and brought back his stunt double gimmick. Sandow teamed with The Bruiser, Colt Cabana and Johnny Crabcakes to face The Kings. During the match, Sandow stunt doubled his tag team partner Colt Cabana during the match.
- Adam Rose Charges Dropped: TMZ Sports recently reported that the domestic violence charges against Adam Rose that cost him his job with WWE, have been dropped by the prosecution. Rose, real name Ray Leppan and his wife Cassandra Leppan have agreed to seek professional help in an attempt to restore their marriage.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!