Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, brings you the TNA Slammiversary 2016 pay per view recap.
TNA Slammiversary took place live inside The Impact Zone in sunny Orlando, Florida. Trevor Lee defended the TNA X-Division Championship in a Fatal Four Way against Andrew Everett, Eddie Edwards and DJZ. Mahabali Shera and Grado teamed up and battled Al Snow's new tag team called The Tribunal, in Snow's quest to make wrestling great again. Gail Kim faced TNA Knockouts leader, Maria Bennett one on one. James Storm battled new comer Braxton Sutter one on one. Ethan Carter looked to finally avenge is only pinfall lose in TNA, as he got another shot at Mike Bennett one on one. Eli Drake defended the TNA King of the Mountain Championship against Bram. The Decay defended the TNA World Tag Team Championship against The Bro-Mans. The Hardy Boys, Matt and Jeff, met one on one in a Full Metal Mayhem Match. In the main event, Drew Galloway defended the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Bobby Lashley in a Knockout Or Tap Out Match.
*** TNA Slammiversary ***
- TNA Slammiversary kicked off with the whole TNA roster on stage. Ring announcer Jeremy Borash leads us into a ten bell salute to all those that were lost in the tragic nightclub shooting in Orlando early Sunday morning.
Winner: Eddie Edwards, by pinfall, to win the TNA X-Division Championship.
- The Tribunal vs. Grado and Mahabali Shera: The match closes out with Al Snow getting on the apron with a whistle and running distraction. Grado gets double teamed during the distraction for a near fall. Shera hits a springboard and takes out both Tribunal members. Grado and Shera gain the advantage and start celebrating. Shera gets jumped and tossed to the floor by Dax. Grado again gets double teamed, but Shera is back in to make the save. Grado goes for a pinfall, but Snow distracts the referee. Baraka tosses Shera to the floor and The Tribunal hit a double team guillotine on Grado for the pinfall.
Winners: The Tribunal, by pinfall.
- Backstage, James Storm congratulates Braxton Sutter on his debut win and wants to talk to him privately.
Winner: No Contest
Winner: Sienna, by pinfall, to win the TNA Knockouts Championship.
- Backstage, Bobby Lashley demands Jeremy Borash to call him the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
- James Storm vs. Braxton Sutter: The match closes out with Sutter kicking Storm, hitting a clothesline and getting a near fall crossbody. Sutter hits a power slam for another near fall. Storm counters a tornado DDT and lands an elbow on Sutter. Sutter counters a DDT and sends Storm into the corner with an exploder suplex. Storm regains offense and hits the Last Call to score the pinfall. After the match, Storm shares a beer with Sutter and praises his hard fought match.
Winner: James Storm, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Eli Drake guarantees he's not losing the TNA King of the Mountain Championship.
Winner: Eli Drake, by pinfall, to retain the TNA King of the Mountain Championship.
- Backstage, Mike Bennett brags about having the hottest wife in the world and being the most dominate in TNA. Bennett says Ethan Carter's story will not have a happy ending tonight.
Winner: Ethan Carter, by pinfall.
Winner: Jeff Hardy, by pinfall.
Winners: The Decay, by pinfall, to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
Winner: Bobby Lashley, by stoppage, to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.