Friday, June 20, 2014
Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, 6.20.14: TNA Impact
Wrestling Lockup with Brandon is upon us again with the TNA Impact recap. One of the top stories going into tonight's show is the angle that has currently started on Twitter at the beginning of the week. ECW Hardcore Legend, Tommy Dreamer, made comments toward
Dixie Carter, running Dixie down, due to Dixie not letting Bully Ray compete at Dreamer's House of Hardcore show this past weekend. Dreamer and Bully Ray told fans to harrass Dixie on Twitter about the whole ordeal. Bully even offered to pose for pictures with anyone who had a House of Hardcore ticket at TNA live events.
Dixie Carter went to Twitter herself and made the following announcement: “After the success of #Slammiversary, I want to address @TheTommyDreamer. You ran your mouth to your “horde of hardcore” fans and on Twitter, I’m inviting @THETOMMYDREAMER and his “horde of hardcores” to come to Bethlehem, PA for #ImpactLIVE this Thursday!“
Tommy Dreamer's response?: "Thanks for all your Tweets.See you Thursday @TNADixie @IMPACTWRESTLING @SpikeTV @HouseofHardcore LIVE HARDCORE PIPE BOMBS #RAW"
- Impact was live in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The show kicked off with MVP calling out Eric Young because he felt what happened at Slammiversary was a travesty. Eric Young says he is still a champion to believe in. MVP and EY continue to verbally argue to the point where EY is ready to attack MVP. MVP accuses EY of being that type of guy to attack an injured man instead of fair competition. Kenny King demands a shot at EY. MVP approves as a referee heads to the ring and we have a TNA World Title Match to kick off Impact.
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Eric Young (c) vs Kenny King. Samoa Joe, Austin Aries and The Wolves come down to ringside during the match for support for EY, as MVP and Bobby Lashley are present. Match closes with King going for the "Royal Flush" but EY sneaks out and small packages King for the pinfall to retain the TNA World Title.
- MVP flips out after the match. MVP slaps the timekeeper, accusing him of ringing the bell early cause King kicked out at two. Joe, Aries and The Wolves brawl with Lashley and King until TNA officials run out to control the chaos. MVP says everyone accuses him of power abuse so that's what he'll do. MVP announces another TNA World Title Match tonight with Eric Young defending against Bobby Lashley, The Wolves will defend their TNA World Tag Titles against Joe and Aries and a third team in a "Triple Threat Match" and then fires referee Earl Hebner for his actions at Slammiversary.
- "Triple Threat Match", TNA World Tag Team Championship: The Wolves (c) vs Samoa Joe and Austin Aries vs Jeff "Willow" Hardy and Abyss.Match closes with The Wolves hitting Hardy with an elevated backcracker for the pinfall to retain the tag titles.
- MVP abuses more power as he kicks Joe and Aries out of the building, then announces The Wolves will again defend the TNA World Tag Titles later against Magnus and Bram.
- Dixie Carter and Tommy Dreamer meet face to face in the ring. They discuss their Twitter war. Dreamer comments on the bad direction Dixie has taken the company, the family values of wrestling, how he and Dixie met and how Dixie should listen to the fans and do the right thing. Dixie looks like she's seen the light as she hugs Dreamer. Dixie fools everyone as she knees Dreamer in the family jewels and Rockstar Spud and Ethan Carter III attack Dreamer.
- Kurt Angle arrives and tells Lashley and King he wants to talk to MVP.
- TNA World Tag Team Championship: The Wolves (c) vs Magnus and Bram. The match closes with Magnus and Bram attacking The Wolves with chairs until Jeff Hardy and Abyss make the save.
- Backstage, MVP makes Brian Hebner the referee in the world title match later and tells him to count the three on EY. We then find out Magnus and Bram were paid off to attack The Wolves. Hardy and Abyss attack Magnus and Bram from behind.
- Gail Kim welcomes Taryn Terrell back to TNA and they hint at another match against each other. The Beautiful People interrupt and a fight breaks out. Kim and Terrell gain the upper hand and clear BP from the ring.
- MVP confronts Kurt Angle backstage and a verbal argument breaks out. Kenny King gets knocked out by Angle. MVP flips out and kicks Angle, all the backstage crew, the camera men and even Jeremy Borash out of the building.
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Eric Young (c) vs Bobby Lashley. Match closes with EY hitting the piledriver, however, Kenny King pulls referee Hebner out of the ring, stopping the pinfall. Lashley accidentally hits King and EY hits Lashley. EY misses the elbow from the top rope then eats a spear from Lashley. Lashley covers for the pinfall and Bobby Lashley is the NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion. MVP, King and Lashley attack EY after the match until Bobby Roode comes out of the crowd to make the save. Impact closes with Roode daring the trio to fight him.
And that closes out this week's Impact recap. Be here again next Friday afternoon for another recap for TNA Impact. Till then, tap or snap!