Smackdown Live was live this week in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Last week Shinsuke Nakamura defeated John Cena to become the new #1 Contender to Jinder Mahal and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE SummerSlam. Shane McMahon also announced himself as the special guest referee at WWE SummerSlam as WWE United States Champion AJ Styles defends his title against Kevin Owens.
** Smackdown Live Card **
- The Usos battled Tye Dillinger and Sami Zayn.
- Charlotte battled Lana.
- WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion Naomi battled Ms. Money In The Bank Carmella in a non title match.
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Jinder Mahal battled Randy Orton in a non title match.
- John Cena gets a WWE SummerSlam opponent.
- WWE United States Champion AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon have a face to face.
** Smackdown Live **
Winners: The Usos, by submission.
- After the match, The Usos mock The New Day until Big E interrupts. Big E distracts The Usos, allowing Woods and Kofi to attack from behind. Big E joins in for the 3 on 2 beat down until The Usos escape the ring.
- Backstage, Randy Orton says Rusev was in the wrong place at the wrong time last week. Orton talks about his match with Jinder Mahal tonight and says Mahal has no where to run and no one to help him with The Singh Brothers not here tonight.
- The Fashion Files return with another Twin Peaks parody video. Fandango claims to have been probed by aliens. Arn Anderson interrupts looking for catering and is questioned about Tully the stuff horse that was killed. Arn leaves with two doughnuts and the mystery continues.
- Charlotte vs. Lana: The match closes out with Lana slapping Charlotte, forcing Charlotte to deliver a Big Boot on Lana. Charlotte traps Lana in the Figure Four Leg Lock submission and arches up into the Figure Eight to get the tap out win.
Winner: Charlotte, by submission.
- Backstage, Tamina tells Lana that she'll never be a great wrestler like her and Lana tells Tamina she'll never be as ravishing as her. Tamina tells Lana that she's going to help her get title shots the way Lana got three in a row.
Winner: Carmella, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Nattie Neidhart rips on James Ellsworth's looks and tells him and Carmella to keep their noses out of her title match. Ellsworth thinks it's funny that he's only been back 5 minutes and the women's division is already scared of them.
- We get a pre-recorded interview with Shinsuke Nakamura. Nakamura says he came to the WWE to wrestle the best, Cena was the measuring stick and he beat Cena last week. Nakamura says the Nakamura Era begins when he beats Jinder Mahal at WWE SummerSlam.
Winner: Randy Orton, by pinfall.
- After the match, Orton poses on the Smackdown Live stage when suddenly Rusev appears and lays out Orton with a thrust kick to end the show.