Thursday, August 28, 2014
Wrestling Lockup with Brandon 8.28.14: TNA Impact
Wrestling Lockup with Brandon is here with your TNA news and Impact recap. As always this is brought to you by Triple Threat Podcast.
TNA might have found themselves a new tv deal in the works. Discovery's Velocity Network have shown interest with running TNA on their channel. The bad news, however, is Velocity is only available in HD and available in less than 50 million homes. TNA would have to make some major production and talent cuts and that could turn out to be the final nail in TNA's coffin.
- Sources have stated this past week that Bully Ray has wrestled his last match with TNA. Bully Ray's contract has expired and he has shown no interest in resigning.
- Rumors circulated this past week, stating that TNA's Kurt Angle had been trying to get a deal with WWE. WWE COO, Triple H, has shown no interest in resigning Angle due to his constant injury status. Angle then went over Triple H's head and asked the man himself, Vince McMahon, for a new deal. Vince stated that Triple H deals with the talent now. This angered Triple H and may have ruined Angle's chances for getting back in the WWE for trying to go over his head and asking Vince.
Alright let's get to this week's TNA Impact recap for the week.
- TNA Impact kicked off from New York City with Kurt Angle in the ring cutting a promo. Angle talks about tonight's show when out comes MVP, Bobby Lashley and Kenny King. MVP says Angle isn't fair and panders to scumbags, rips on New York City and announces Bobby Lashley the real King of New York. ECW icon, Tommy Dreamer, arrives and mocks MVP, King and Lashley. King hits Dreamer from behind and throws him out of the ring. Dreamer pulls King to the floor and hits him then threatens MVP with a kendo stick. Angle announces Tommy Dreamer vs Bobby Lashley right now to see who the real King of New York is.
- Tommy Dreamer vs Bobby Lashley: Dreamer gets a couple kendo stick shots in on Lashley. King tries to interfere but Dreamer drops him. Dreamer goes for another kendo stick shot but gets speared by Lashley for the pinfall.
- "#1 Contender’s Match for the TNA Knockouts Championship": Madison Rayne vs Taryn Terrell: Rayne tries to cheat and use the ropes for leverage on a pin but the referee busts her. Rayne and the referee argue then Rayne charges at Terrell. Terrell lands a diving cutter on Rayne for the pinfall.
- Backstage Segment: Gunner and Samuel Shaw are in Gunner's apartment. Gunner and Shaw talk about what happened with Mr. Anderson and Gunner tells Shaw to let it go. Shaw tries on one of his military uniforms and Gunner catches him. Shaw salutes Gunner, Gunner tells him to take it off or he'll take it off for him.
- "Six Man Tag Match": Tigre Uno, Crazzy Steve and Low Ki vs Manik, DJ Z and Homicide: Low Ki hits a springboard thrust kick and hits the "ki krusher" to score the pinfall for his team.
- In Ring Segment: Bobby Roode is in the ring for a promo. Roode says that he and Eric Young will have a #1 contenders match to determine who will face Bobby Lashley for the TNA World Title. Eric Young comes to the ring. Roode and EY talk about their history in TNA together. Roode and EY talk each other up with compliments and promise to put on one hell of a match next week.
- Ethan Carter III (w/ Rockstar Spud) vs Rhino: Rhino goes for the gore but Spud grabs his leg. The referee tries to get rid of Spud as ECIII low blows Rhino. Rhino kicks out and goes for another gore but Spud again grabs his leg. Rhino knocks Spud out as ECIII grabs a chair. ECIII gets himself DQ'ed with a chair shot to Rhino.
- In Ring Segment: James Storm cuts a promo in the ring. Storm says he is the leader of a revolution and will lead men who need a reawakening. He intros the first of many, The Great Sanada.
- The Great Sanada (w/James Storm) vs Austin Aries: Aries climbs the ropes but Storm shakes them, causing Aries to lose his balance. The referee argues with Storm as Sanada sprays mist into Aries eyes. Sanada hits a super kick on Aries to score the pinfall.
- In Ring Segment: Kurt Angle welcomes former armed forces officer, Chris Melendez to the ring. Melendez will be competing in TNA. Mr. Anderson talks about meeting Melendez for the first time. Bully Ray and Devon talk about training Melendez and officially welcome Melendez to TNA.
- "TNA Tag Team Series": The Hardys vs Team 3D vs The Wolves: Davey Richards kicks Matt in the head and climbs the ropes. Matt dodges the double stomp and hits "Twist Of Fate". Matt gets pulled outside by Bully Ray but Jeff hits the swanton bomb. Jeff covers but the pin is broken up. Team 3D hit the "Death Drop" and cover for the pinfall. Team 3D takes the first fall in the tag team series. Team 3D celebrates as Impact closes out.
And that wraps up this week's addition of TNA impact recap. I will be back next Thursday afternoon for more TNA news and Impact recap action. Till then, tap or snap.