Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, Impact, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, PWG, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER, BEYOND, DEFIANT and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
*** WWE ***
- WWE Testing Out Live Cruiserweight Shows: Vince McMahon announced during his weekly conference call that the WWE will run three live shows in January, featuring the 205 Live roster only. PWInsider reported that the 205 Live tours in January and potentially February will be an experiment by WWE to determine if it's a financially viable concept
- R-Truth Injury Update: WWE announced this week that R-Truth underwent successful shoulder surgery on Monday morning. Truth had bone removed from his shoulder and there currently isn't a official return time as of yet.
- WWE Composer Jim Johnston Officially Released: Last week, there were rumors circulating on whether or not WWE composer Jim Johnston had been released or not. This week it was made official that Johnston was in fact released from the company. Johnston had worked for the company for over 32 years and had composed legendary themes for The Undertaker, DX, The Rock and many others. Over the past 3 years WWE had been using new comers CFO$ to compose theme music, leaving Johnston with limited work. Johnston wanted to stay with the company, but had a very high contract and WWE chose to let Johnston go.
- Ronda Rousey News: According to two sources close to Ronda Rousey, she is almost ready to make the announcement that she will be joining WWE as a full time wrestler. Two friends very close to Rousey told USA Today that she will be making the full time jump to WWE announcement very soon and is currently finalizing her contract.
- Nia Jax Appearing With 205 Live Soon: According to advertisements, Nia Jax will be making special appearances with 205 Live soon to continue her new storyline with Enzo Amore. Nia will begin having a crush on Enzo and follow him around on 205 Live.
** 205 Live Recap **
- With WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore not in the building tonight, Drew Gulak took charge of the Zo Train.
- Noam Dar vs. Cedric Alexander: This match was originally supposed to be Alexander vs. Drew Gulak, but Gulak used his temporary leader of the Zo Train power and made Dar fight in his place. Dar went to the top rope and was immediately told to get down by Gulak, because he was breaking Gulak's "No Fly Zone" policy. Alexander hits the Lumbar Check on Dar while he's distracted and gets the pinfall.
- Brian Kendrick vs. Gran Metalik: The second match of the night saw Kendrick battle Metalik in a one on one match. Kendrick distracts the referee allowing Jack Gallagher to shove Metalik off the ropes. Kendrick locks Metalik in the Captain's Hook submission and gets the tap out win.
- Tony Nese vs. Rich Swann: The main event of the show saw Swann battle Zo Train member Nese in a one on one match. Drew Gulak tries to help Nese, but Cedric Alexander arrives to help Swann. Swann gets the pinfall victory and then Gulak signals for Noam Dar and Ariya Daivari to hit the ring. Akira Tozawa and Mustafa Ali hit the ring to help Alexander and Swann to end the show.
*** NXT ***
- Mystery Wrestler Coming: NXT showed a teaser this past week on NXT TV for an "ominous force" that will be coming to NXT soon. Rumors are saying it could either be Donovan Dijak, former TNA wrestler Gunner, former TNA wrestler Rockstar Spud or Shaya Baszler, who has the nickname "Queen of Spades". Spades were shown during the teaser trailer.
- NXT To Be Broadcast On The USA Network: WWE announced that the December 13th episode of NXT will be aired on the USA Network, which will include a week of wrestling. That week, WWE will show Tribute To The Troops, RAW, Smackdown Live and NXT all on the USA Network.
*** Impact Wrestling ***
** Impact TV Recap **
- Caleb Konley vs. Taiji Ishimori: The first match of the night saw Konley and Taiji go one on one. Konley attacked Taiji from behind a few weeks back, setting up this match. Trevor Lee gets in a few shots on Taiji while the referee is distracted. Taiji escapes a Konley submission and ends up hitting a 450 Splash on Konley for the pinfall. After the match, Konley and Lee attack Taiji until Dezmond Xavier hits the ring to make the save.
- oVe And Sami Callihan Promo: The trio mock Canada because it's not Ohio. Callihan says things with LAX have gotten out of hand, they'll give LAX a rematch but it'll be under rules that they choose. A local Canadian tag team called TDT interrupt and mock oVe and Callihan in French. TDT kick Callihan and then splash oVe in the corner. Callihan grabs a kendo stick and unloads on TDT. LAX hit the ring and start brawling with oVe and Callihan. LAX clears the ring, Konnan throws a kendo stick at oVe and Callihan, misses and accidentally hits a fan at ringside.
- KM films himself walking into a random gym and beating up the students inside, trying to prove himself to American Top Team.
- Bobby Lashley and Dan Lambert vs. Moose and James Storm: An ATT member jumps on the apron and gets axe kicked off by Moose and into two other ATT guys outside. Lashley hits the spear on Storm and Lambert tags in. Lashley isn't happy as Lambert covers Storm and steals the pinfall.
- More Content Added To The Network: Impact Wrestling announced this week that they have added DEFY Wrestling and Future Stars of Wrestling as the latest promotions that are being apart of Impact Wrestling’s “Global Wrestling Network” service. GWN includes all the past TNA/Impact pay per views, Border City Wrestling, SMASH Wrestling and much more.
- Laurel Van Ness News: It was revealed this week that Laurel Van Ness apparently didn't inform anyone in Impact management that she wanted to leave Impact Wrestling before the recent Impact tapings, where Laurel ends up winning the Impact Knockouts Championship. Laurel has been showing interest in signing with the WWE and Impact still has yet to grant Laurel her release as of yet considering she is their current Impact Knockouts Champion.
- More Talent Contracts Set To Expire: According to Impact Wrestling, it was made known this week that Ethan Carter, Bobby Lashley and Eddie Edwards all have contracts that are set to expire soon in Impact Wrestling. Rumors have begun that WWE is highly interested in Eddie Edwards to add to the NXT roster. There has been no word on whether WWE is interested in EC3 or Lashley at this time.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
** ROH TV Recap **
- Marty Scurll vs. Beer City Bruiser: The first match of the night saw Scurll battle Bruiser in a one on one match. The referee goes down in the match which allows Scurll to grab his umbrella and use it as a weapon on Bruiser to score the pinfall. Jay Lethal appeared during the match and watched from the ramp.
- The Briscoe Brothers Trash The Dudley Boys' Wrestling School: Mark and Jay Briscoe arrived at Bully Ray and Devon's Wrestling School. The Briscoes attack the students in the dojo and in the ring and hit a 3D on a student. The Briscoes destroy and trash everything throughout the school before finally leaving.
- Coleman's Pulpit With Caprice Coleman: Coleman interviewed himself and talked about how he will defeat Kenny King and win the ROH Television Championship.
- "ROH World Tag Team Championship Match": The Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs. The Kingdom: The Motor City Machine Guns went on to defeat The Kingdom to retain their tag team titles in this match.
- Flip Gordon vs. Hangman Adam Page: Gordon defeated Page by pinfall, but gets attacked and laid out, after the match, by The Young Bucks with super kicks.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
- Wrestle Kingdom 12 Tickets Going Fast: NJPW announced this week that tickets for Wrestle Kingdom 12, live at the Tokyo Dome on January 4th, are selling at a rapid pace and they are expecting a sell out. Wrestle Kingdom is NJPW's version of Wrestlemania. This year's show is highlighted with three huge main events, IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada defends his title against Tetsuya Naito, IWGP United States Champion Kenny Omega defends his title against WWE Legend Chris Jericho and IWGP Intercontinental Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi defends his title against Jay White. More matches for the event will be announced soon.
*** House of Hardcore ***
- Tommy Dreamer's 36th edition of House of Hardcore returned last weekend at the Waukesha Expo Center in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- Guido Maritato defeated Nick Cutler, by pinfall with a bridged roll up.
- MVP defeated Jay Bradley, by pinfall with Drive By Kick.
- Nick Aldis defeated Carlito, by pinfall with a top rope elbow. Former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas arrived with Aldis and officially named himself his manager.
- "Fatal Four Way Match": Bull Dempsey defeated Curt Stallion, Conner Braxston, and Arik Cannon, by pinfall with a seated senton.
- Willie Mack defeated Brian Cage, by pinfall with a frogsplash.
- Al Snow and Swoggle defeated “The Squad World Order” (Kenny and Mikey), by pinfall after Swoggle hit the Tadpole Splash.
- "Candice's Retirement Match": Candice Michelle defeated Lisa Marie Varon, by pinfall with a spinning DDT.
- Austin Aries defeated Joey Mercury, by pinfall with a rolling 450 Splash. Shane Douglas was in Mercury's corner. Tommy Dreamer came out to help Aries get the win.
*** Defiant Wrestling ***
- Defiant Wrestling Becomes Official: This past Monday, December 4th, WCPW officially dropped its name and has officially been repackaged as Defiant Wrestling. WCPW made the announcement of the change a few months back and also announced Stu Bennett (Wade Barrett) as Defiant's first General Manager.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!