Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, Impact, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, PWG, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER, BEYOND, DEFIANT and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
*** WWE ***
- John Cena Announces His Entry Into The Royal Rumble: This past week, the sixteen time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena officially announced that he will compete in this year's Royal Rumble.
- WWE Monday Night RAW Coming Back To Cleveland: It was announced this past week that WWE is bringing RAW back to Cleveland, two weeks before Wrestlemania 34. RAW will be at the Quicken Loans Arena on March 26th.
** 205 Live Recap **
- Akira Tozawa vs. TJ Perkins: The first match of the night saw the return of TJP, who's been out with an injury the past few months. The match closes out with TJP sticking a thumb in Tozawa's eye and then hitting the Detonation Kick to score the pinfall.
- Hideo Itami vs. Jack Gallagher: The second match of the night saw Jack Gallagher getting a rematch against Hideo Itami, who put Gallagher's friend, Brian Kendrick, out with an eye injury. The match goes to a No Contest, after Gallagher tries to attack Itami with his umbrella, before the bell. Itami unloads on Gallagher, but Gallagher reveals a lead pipe that he uses to knock out Itami with.
- Goldust and Cedric Alexander vs. Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari: The main event of the show saw a rematch from this week's Monday Night RAW. The match closes out with Alexander hitting the Lumbar Check on Gulak and scoring the pinfall.
*** NXT ***
- Candice LeRae Signing: According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Candice LeRae is expected to sign with NXT soon. Candice is currently going through the standard signing process but there's no word yet on when she might be signed.
- Official NXT Takeover: Philadelphia Card: The following has been announced for NXT Takeover: Philadelphia the night before the WWE Royal Rumble.
** "NXT World Championship Match": Andrade "Cien" Almas (c) vs. Johnny Gargano.
** "NXT World Tag Team Championship Match": Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. The Authors of Pain.
** "NXT Women's Championship Match": Ember Moon (c) vs. Shayna Bazsler.
** "Extreme Rules Match": Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole.
** Lars Sullivan vs. Killian Dain.
*** Impact Wrestling ***
** Impact TV Recap **
- "Impact X Division Championship Match": Taiji Ishimori defeated Trevor Lee (c), by pinfall to win the title. Ishimori counters a suplex and hits a handspring kick for the near fall. Lee gets a near fall sit down power bomb. Ishimori knees Lee in the face and hits a 540 Splash on Lee to win the title. After the match, Dezmond Xavier congratulates Ishimori backstage and challenges him.
- "Impact Grand Championship, Triple Threat Match": Ethan Carter (c) defeated Matt Sydal and Fallah Bahh, by split decision to retain the title. Bahh took the first round from the judges. EC3 took round number two from the judges. Sydal hits the Shooting Star Press on EC3 in round number three, however, time expires to end the match before Sydal can get the pinfall. The judges give EC3 the third round and the win to retain the title.
- "Career vs. Career, No Holds Barred Match": Dan Lambert defeated James Storm, by pinfall, ending Storm's Impact career. Storm goes to finish off Lambert, however, KM hits the ring and smashes a beer bottle over Storm's head. Lambert gets a near fall on Storm. KM and Lambert both smash beer bottles over Storm's head, helping Lambert score the pinfall.
- Chandler Park defeated Jon Bolen, by pinfall in his in ring debut. Park gets dominated for most of the match until Joseph Park interferes while the referee is distracted and punches Bolen in the face. Park rolls up Bolen and scores the pinfall.
- "Impact World Heavyweight Championship Match": Eli Drake (c) defeated Alberto El Patron, by pinfall to retain the title. Drake tries to hit El Patron with the title but misses. El Patron drops Drake head first on the title and gets a near fall. The referee gets knocked out allowing Drake to hit El Patron with the title to score the pinfall when the referee woke up.
- "Impact World Tag Team Championship Match": LAX defeated oVe (c), by pinfall to win the titles. oVe gets a near fall powerbomb/blockbuster combo. Jake and Santana meet on the top rope where Santana attempts a splash. Jake counters and hits a midair cutter on Santana. Jake gets hit with the Street Sweeper giving LAX the win and The titles.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
- "New Japan Rumble": Japan's version of the Royal Rumble kicked off the show. Mashito Kakihara came out victorious, last eliminating Cheeseburger to take the victory.
- "IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match": The Young Bucks defeated Roppongi 3K (c), by submission to win the tag team titles. The Bucks hit the Meltzer Driver on Yoh and then Matt Jackson makes Yoh tap out to the Sharpshooter.
- "NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship, Gauntlet Match": Chaos (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) came out victorious to win the titles.
** Suzuki Gun (Zack Sabre Jr, Taichi and Takahashi Izuka) defeated Michael Elgin and War Machine.
** Chaos (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) defeated Suzuki Gun.
** Chaos defeated Taguchi Japan (Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi and Togi Makabe)
** Chaos defeated The Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Guerillas of Destiny) to win the Gauntlet and the titles.
- Kota Ibushi defeated Cody Rhodes, by pinfall. Ibushi hits the Last Ride power bomb and the straight jacket german suplex. Ibushi then hits a Phoenix Splash and scores the pinfall.
- "IWGP Tag Team Championship Match": EVIL and SANADA defeated The Killer Elite Squad (c), by pinfall, to win the tag team titles. Evil and Sanada hit the Magic Killer on Davey Boy Smith Jr. Sanada hits a moonsault off the top rope to score the pinfall.
- "NEVER Openweight Championship, Haircut Match": Hirooki Goto defeated Minoru Suzuki (c), by pinfall to win the title. Goto hits two straight head butts, a super ushigoroshi off the ropes and two GTR's to score the pinfall. After the match, Suzuki refused to get his head shaved, but eventually returned to the ring and shaved his own head.
- "IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship, Fatal Four Way Match": Will Ospreay defeated Marty Scurll (c), Hiromu Takahashi and Kushida, by pinfall to win the title. Ospreay hits the OsCutter on Scurll to score the pinfall.
- "IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match": Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) defeated Jay "Switchblade" White, by pinfall to retain the title. Tanahashi hits two straight frog splashes on White to score the pinfall.
- "IWGP United States Championship, No DQ Match": Kenny Omega (c) defeated Chris Jericho, by pinfall, to retain the title. Omega hits the One Winged Angel, but Jericho survives by grabbing the ropes. Jericho hits the Code Breaker on Omega, but Omega kicks out at two and a half. Omega hits the One Winged Angel on Jericho on top of a steel chair and scores the pinfall to retain.
- "IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match": Kazuchika Okada (c) defeated Tetsuya Naito, by pinfall to retain the title. Naito counters the Rainmaker and hits Destino. Naito attempts another Destino, but Okada counters into a tombstone piledriver. Okada hits the Rainmaker on Naito and scores the pinfall.
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Manabu Nakanishi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata defeated Ren Narita, Shota Umino, Tetsuhiro Yagi and Tomoyuki Oka, by pinfall, after Kojima hits a lariat on Umino.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": El Desperado, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Takashi Iizuka and Yoshinobu Kanemaru defeated Henare, Hirai Kawato, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV and Togi Makabe, by pinfall after Desperado hit the Pinche Loco on Kawato.
- “Switchblade” Jay White defeated Katsuya Kitamura, by pinfall with the Blade Runner.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson Nick Jackson defeated Cheeseburger & Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH), by pinfall with an assisted Indytaker on Cheeseburger.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": The Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Cody Rhodes, Leo Tonga, Marty Scurll and Yujiro Takahashi defeated Taguchi Japan (David Finlay, Juice Robinson, Kota Ibushi, Kushida and Ryusuke Taguchi), by submission with the American Nightmare from Rhodes on Finlay. After the match, The Bullet Club attack Ibushi, but Kenny Omega makes the surprising save and argues with Cody. Omega and Cody begin shoving each other until Omega grabs a microphone and says he's sick of Bullet Club’s infighting and he had the solution. Omega announces Switchblade Jay White as the newest member of The Bullet Club. White arrives, accepts the Bullet Club t-shirt, but then fakes out The Bullet Club by hitting the Blade Runner on Omega.
- "NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship Match": The Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga and Tonga Roa) defeated Chaos (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) (c), by pinfall with a Gun Stun from Tama on Beretta to win the titles.
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre, Jr.) defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin and War Machine, by pinfall with Killer Bomb from Smith and Archer onto Hanson. After the match, Suzuki attacks Tanahashi and celebrates with Tanahashi's IWGP Intercontinental Championship.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil, Hiromu Takahashi, Sanada and Tetsuya Naito) defeated Chaos (Gedo, Hirooki Goto, Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay and Yoshi Hashi), by pinfall with Destino from Naito on Yoshi Hashi. After the match, LIJ continue to attack and Sanada chokes out Okada with the Skull End.
- Chris Jericho Attacks Tetsuya Naito: Before the show ended, Naito cut a promo to talk about his loss to Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Chris Jericho suddenly hits the ring and attacks Naito from behind and beats him down to end the show.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!