It's the beginning of the week and time to kick things off in wrestling with Monday Night RAW! It wasn't just a normal Monday night this week, it was Christmas night, live in Chicago, Illinois. How rowdy would the tough Chicago crowd be on one of the most festive days of the year??
** Monday Night RAW Card **
- John Cena battled Elias Samson.
- Brian Kendrick battled Hideo Itami.
- Mickie James, Bayley and Sasha Banks battled Absolution in a Six Woman Tag Team Match.
- Kane battled Heath Slater.
- Finn Balor battled Curt Hawkins.
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari battled Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali and Akira Tozawa in a Six Man Tag Team, Miracle on 34th Street Fight Match.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Roman Reigns defended his title against Samoa Joe.
- The Miztourage battled Braun Strowman in a Handicap Match.
- WWE RAW World Tag Team Champions Sheamus and Cesaro defended their titles against Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan.
** RAW Highlights **
- John Cena Returns: Cena kicks off the show with a Merry Christmas to the fans of Chicago. Cena talks about why he is a huge fan of the holidays when suddenly Elias Samson interrupts. Elias says he's sick of being interrupted on a weekly basis and demands the opportunity to perform tonight. Cena hands Elias a stool to sit on as Elias prepares himself and his guitar. The crowd unloads "CM Punk" chants at Elias as Elias attempts to sing. Elias sings a Christmas song then mocks the city of Chicago before getting interrupted by Cena. Cena tells Elias that he's pretty damn good, but when he starts treating the fans like jerks that's when Elias comes off as the real jerk. Elias agrees, sings the song again and praises the city of Chicago. Elias then asks Cena to finish the song for him, but then cheap shots Cena from behind. Elias says Christmas is overrated, Chicago sucks and he doesn't cater to Cena or the fans. Elias beats down on Cena some more, calls for a referee and demands his Christmas present of a match against John Cena right now.