WWE Battleground finally arrived on the WWE Network and I'm here with your official WWE Battleground recap from the show! WWE Battleground was live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Wells Fargo Center. All the major championships were on the line and a few stipulated matches were included as well. Who walked out victorious in this Smackdown Live pay per view?
*** WWE Battleground Card ***
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Jinder Mahal defended his title against Randy Orton in a Punjabi Prison Match.
- WWE United States Champion AJ Styles defended his title against Kevin Owens.
- WWE Smackdown Live World Tag Team Champions The Usos defended their titles against The New Day.
- John Cena battled Rusev in a Flag Match.
- Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Lana, Nattie Neidhart and Tamina battled it out in a Fatal Five Way Elimination Match, to determine a new #1 Contender to the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship.
- Shinsuke Nakamura battled WWE Money In The Bank Winner Baron Corbin.
- Mike Kanellis battled Sami Zayn.
- Tye Dillinger battled Aiden English.
- Breezango looks to finally get to the bottom of who's been trashing their office and sending them threatening messages.
** WWE Battleground Pre-Show **
- Social Media Lounge Interview With Mike and Maria Kanellis: Maria is asked when she'll be back in the ring. Maria says she's always in the ring with her man, showing the power of love. Mike is asked about his strategy tonight. Mike says it's simple, he's going to punch Sami Zayn as hard as he can in the head. Mike and Maria are both asked if they have advice for everyone looking for true love. Maria says it won't happen because there's only one Mike and Maria Kanellis. Mike is wished good luck, but he says he doesn't need it because he has love.
Winner: Aiden English, by pinfall.
** WWE Battleground **
Winners: The New Day, by pinfall, to win the WWE Smackdown Live World Tag Team Championship.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura, by DQ.
- After the match, Corbin smiles at his DQ loss and grabs his Money In The Bank briefcase. Corbin leaves, but comes back and lands a gut shot on Nakamura with the briefcase. Corbin hits End of Days and leaves Nakamura laid out.
- "Fatal Five Way, Elimination Match": Charlotte vs. Lana vs. Becky Lynch vs. Nattie Neidhart vs. Tamina:
** First Elimination: Lana drops Nattie and gets a near fall on Charlotte. Lana shows frustration and doesn't see Becky coming from behind. Becky traps Lana in the Dis Arm Her submission, but Tamina lands a kick, breaking the submission. Tamina plants Becky with a Samoan Drop and then spears Charlotte off the apron. Lana tries to steal the pinfall on Becky, but again gets trapped in the Dis Arm Her submission. Tamina again breaks the submission. Becky grabs Tamina and traps her in the Dis Arm Her submission and forces her to tap out.
** Second Elimination: Becky releases Tamina, immediately grabs Lana and forces her to tap out to the Dis Arm Her submission.
** Final Elimination: We're down to Charlotte vs. Nattie Neidhart. Charlotte goes for the Figure Four leg lock submission, but Nattie counters into an arm breaker submission. Charlotte powers out and plants Nattie with a power bomb for a near fall. Charlotte goes for the moonsault off the ropes, but Nattie gets her knees up for the block. Nattie sends Charlotte head first into the turnbuckle and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Nattie Neidhart, to become the new #1 Contender.
- After the match, WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion Naomi gets in the ring and extends her hand to Nattie. Nattie stares down Naomi and walks off, blowing off the handshake.
Winner: Kevin Owens, by pinfall, to win the WWE United States Championship.
- Backstage, The Singh Brothers inform Jinder Mahal that they are not going to be at ringside for his Punjabi Prison Match. Mahal says he's not worried because he'll take out Randy Orton alone and make the Punjabi Prison Orton's final resting place.
Winner: John Cena.
- We get a Fashion Files video with Breezango trying to figure out who's been threatening them. The Ascension try to take credit for everything that's been happening. The lights suddenly go out and when they come back on both Tyler Breeze and Fandango are laid out and dragged away by unknown men.
Winner: Sami Zayn, by pinfall.
Winner: Jinder Mahal, to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.