Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news rumors and recaps involving WWE, NXT, Impact Wrestling, ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, House of Hardcore, NWA, ICW, CZW, FIP, AAW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS, SHINE, SHIMMER and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE
** Theme Song Of The Week **
Tonight we've got WWE Great Balls of Fire live on the WWE Network! To celebrate, this week's theme song will be the theme song of WWE Great Balls of Fire! "Great Balls of Fire" by the rebel on the piano, Jerry Lee Lewis.
*** WWE ***
- Austin Aries Released: WWE announced this week that they have parted ways with Austin Aries. This has come as a shock to many wrestling fans around the world. According to sources, Aries was upset that he was being used on 205 Live and not given a higher spot on the roster. Sources also stated that Aries had a bad attitude backstage which made the decision simple for WWE.
- Dixie Carter Working With WWE: Kinda reminds you of the time when Eric Bischoff showed up in the WWE. It was announced this week that Dixie Carter signed on with the WWE to film an episode of WWE 24 on the WWE Network. It is currently unknown if this is a one time thing or if WWE is planning on offering Dixie a contract for TV too. I'll keep you updated on this story.
- Rapper Wale On Smackdown Live: In case you missed Smackdown Live this past Tuesday, WWE had another guest star. The rapper known as Wale was on this week and was in charge of judging The New Day and The Usos during their rap battle.
- John Cena and Rusev Return: This past week on Smackdown Live both John Cena and Rusev returned and were immediately thrown into a match against each other at the upcoming WWE Battleground pay per view. Cena will battle Rusev in a Flag Match.
- Rumored WWE SummerSlam Match: According to current rumors going around backstage, WWE is possibly planning on having WWE RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss defend her title against Nia Jax at WWE SummerSlam. If this is true than expect Alexa to retain her title against Sasha Banks at WWE Great Balls of Fire.
- WWE Happy With Samoa Joe: According to rumors within WWE, right now WWE is really impressed with the way Samoa Joe has gotten the fans into his upcoming match at WWE Great Balls of Fire against Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship. Rumors have begun that there might actually be a chance that Joe is booked to defeat Lesnar for the title and go on to face Roman Reigns at WWE SummerSlam. WWE, however, is still set on a Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns match for the title, so there's more of a chance that Lesnar retains the title than Joe winning it.
- Possible Future Women's Match Ideas: Rumors have said that WWE have been in talks backstage to have a possible women's Royal Rumble and a women's tag team tournament. Both would take place in 2018 if green lit.
- WWE Great Balls of Fire: Just another reminder, tonight is WWE Great Balls of Fire. If you miss the event I'll have the full recap for you on Monday afternoon.
** Champions Profile: AJ STYLES
I mentioned above that AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens this past week at the live Madison Square Garden house show to win the WWE United States Championship.
- AJ Styles made his pro wrestling debut in 1998 and was trained by Rick Michaels.
- AJ Styles has competed for ROH, PWG, NWA/TNA, NJPW, WWE and other Indy Promotions.
** 1 Time AAW Heavyweight Champion.
** 3 Time Ballpark Brawl Natural Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time CWF/CWE Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time FWE Heavyweight Champion.
** 4 Time IPW Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion
** 4 Time IWC Super Indies Champion.
** 1 Time IWR King of The Indies Champion.
** 1 Time Max-Pro Cruiserweight Champion.
** 1 Time MPW Universal Heavyweight Champion.
** 2 Time IWGP Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time NKPWA Junior Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time NWA Wildside Heavyweight Champion.
** 3 Time NWA Wildside Television Champion.
** 1 Time PPW Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time PWG World Champion.
** 1 Time RPW British Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time ROH Pure Champion.
** 1 Time ROH World Tag Team Champion.
** 3 Time NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
** 4 Time NWA World Tag Team Champion.
** 2 Time TNA Legends/Global/Television Champion.
** 2 Time TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
** 2 Time TNA World Tag Team Champion.
** 6 Time TNA X Division Champion.
** 1 Time WWA International Cruiserweight Champion.
** 1 Time WWE World Champion.
** 1 Time WWE United States Champion.
- Ranked No. 1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 2010.
WWE took their show out of the country last weekend for their live WWE Tokyo show. The main event of the show saw Roman Reigns battle Bray Wyatt. Neville defended the WWE Cruiserweight Championship against Akira Tozawa and Austin Aries in a Triple Threat Match. Sheamus and Cesaro defended their WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship against Heath Slater and Rhyno. All that and alot more action.
Winner: Chris Jericho, by submission.
After the match, Chris Jericho thanks the Japanese crowd and announces that this was his 50th tour of Japan.
- Bo Dallas vs. Titus O'Neil: Before the match, Dallas attacks Titus from behind on his entrance and beats him down. The match closes out with Titus making the comeback, nailing Clash of the Titus on Dallas and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Titus O'Neil, by pinfall.
- "WWE Cruiserweight Championship, Triple Threat Match": Neville (c) vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Austin Aries: Tozawa gets the huge pop from the Japanese hometown crowd. The match closes out with Aries trapping Neville in a submission, but Neville escapes by rolling outside. Tozawa ends up hitting a senton off the ropes on Aries. Neville rolls back into the ring, tosses Tozawa to the floor and steals the pinfall on Aries to retain his title.
Winner: Neville, by pinfall, to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- "WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship Match": Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno: The match closes out with Rhyno dropping Sheamus and Cesaro and then tags in Slater. Slater gets attacked and beat down forcing himself to tag Rhyno back in. Rhyno goes for the Gore on Sheamus, but Cesaro grabs Rhyno's leg. Sheamus uses the distraction to nail Rhyno with the Brogue Kick, scoring the pinfall and retaining the titles.
- Enzo makes his way to the ring, but suddenly gets jumped from behind by Big Cass. Both men brawl into the ring where Enzo tries to take control, but gets laid out by a Big Cass boot.
- The Miz and Samoa Joe vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins: The match closes out with Miz and Joe working over Rollins in the corner. Rollins escapes Joe's grasp and lands a kick. Ambrose and Miz tag in and unload. Ambrose covers Miz for the pinfall attempt, but Maryse distracts the referee. Joe attacks Ambrose from behind allowing Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale for a near fall. The referee ejects Maryse from ringside after Maryse tries to slap Ambrose. Ambrose catches Miz distracted, hits the Dirty Deeds and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, by pinfall.
- "Six Woman Tag Team Match": Asuka, Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss, Emma and Nia Jax: Asuka gets the huge pop from her Japanese hometown crowd. The match closes out with Nia distracting the referee which allows Emma to cheap shot Sasha. Sasha is trapped in the heel corner until Nia comes in and tosses Sasha across the ring. Sasha gets trapped in the heel corner again until finally escaping and hot tagging Asuka. Asuka unloads on Alexa with kicks, but Nia grabs Asuka and tosses her across the ring. Emma comes in and immediately gets trapped in the Asuka Lock submission and quickly taps out.
Winners: Asuka, Bayley and Sasha Banks, by submission.
- "Battle Of The Bullet Club Members": Finn Balor vs. Karl Anderson: The match closes out with Anderson distracting the referee, allowing Luke Gallows to get in some shots on Balor. Balor comes back with two Pele Kicks on Anderson, but Gallows again tries to attack Balor. Both men trade offense until Anderson gets a near fall power bomb. Balor returns with a Slingblade, putting down Anderson. Balor with the corner drop kick and finally the Coup de Grace on Anderson to score the pinfall.
Winner: Finn Balor, by pinfall.
- Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt: The match closes out with Reigns escaping a sleeper hold submission, tosses Bray into the corner and nails an uppercut followed by a Samoan Drop. Both men trade more offense until Bray counters the Superman Punch and gets a near fall. Reigns counters Sister Abigail and gets a near fall Superman Punch. Reigns goes for the spear, but Bray counters it into Sister Abigail. Reigns counters Sister Abigail and hits the spear for the pinfall.
Winner: Roman Reigns, by pinfall.
** WWE Tokyo Night #2 Recap **
- Finn Balor vs. Chris Jericho: The match closes out with Balor going to the top rope and hitting Coup de Grace on Jericho to score the pinfall. After the match, Jericho added Tokyo to "The List".
Winner: Finn Balor, by pinfall.
- Titus O'Neil and Bo Dallas vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno: The match closes out with Rhyno delivering a spinebuster on Titus to score the pinfall.
Winners: Heath Slater and Rhyno, by pinfall.
- "WWE vs. NXT Match": Enzo vs. Hideo Itami: The match closes out with Big Cass hitting the ring, attacking and laying out both Enzo and Itami.
Winner: No Contest.
- "WWE Cruiserweight Championship, Triple Threat Match": Neville (c) vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Austin Aries: The match closes out with Aries hitting the Discus Five Arm on Tozawa, but gets tossed outside by Neville. Neville covers Tozawa and steals the pinfall to retain the title.
Winner: Neville, by pinfall, to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt: The match closes out with Rollins countering Sister Abigail from Bray and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Seth Rollins, by pinfall.
- "Six Woman Tag Team Match": Asuka, Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and Emma: The match closes out with Sasha trapping Alexa in the Banks Statement submission for the tap out win.
Winners: Asuka, Sasha Banks and Bayley, by submission.
- "WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship Match": Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson: Gallows and Anderson received a great ovation from the Japanese crowd, being well known for their time in NJPW with The Bullet Club. The match closes out with Sheamus and Cesaro hitting the double team moves on The Club to score the pinfall.
Winners: Sheamus and Cesaro, by pinfall, to retain the WWE RAW World Tag Team Championship.
- Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz and Samoa Joe: The match closes out with Reigns hitting the Superman Punch and the spear on Joe. Ambrose hits Dirty Deeds on Miz and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, by pinfall.
** 205 Live Recap **
Tonight's main event saw Rich Swann battle TJ Perkins in one on one action.
- Titus O'Neil Promo: Titus is in the ring hyping Titus Worldwide and the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match between Neville and Akira Tozawa at WWE Great Balls of Fire. Neville interrupts, calls Titus full of illusions, a tool for his Worldwide faction and Titus doesn't care about his clients. Neville predicts Tozawa's defeat on Sunday.
Winner: Neville, by submission.
- Backstage, TJ Perkins and Rich Swann shake hands and call their main event match tonight friendly competition.
Winner: Jack Gallagher, by pinfall.
- After the match, Brian Kendrick appears and cuts a promo on Gallagher and how his beloved country of England has failed throughout history. Kendrick says he'll defeat Gallagher much like the United States always defeats Great Britain in history and rid 205 Live of Gallagher once and for all.
- Backstage, Noam Dar tells Alicia Fox that he wants to concentrate on winning the WWE Cruiserweight Championship now. Alicia says no and demands Dar to continue to seek revenge on Cedric Alexander.
Winner: Rich Swann, by pinfall.
*** NXT ***
- Gunner Debuts: Former Impact Wrestler Gunner made his official debut with NXT last week at a live event. Gunner lost in his debut match against No Way Jose.
*** Impact/GFW Wrestling ***
** GFW Impact Recap **
This week's show saw the Super X Cup Tournament begin. The main event of the show saw GFW Unified World Champion Alberto El Patron defend his title in a rematch against Bobby Lashley.
- At LAX's hangout, Konnan says tonight will be the revealing of the newest member of LAX.
- Alberto El Patron Promo: El Patron is with his father and brother. The ring is decorated with Mexican flags, confetti falls and there's champagne on a table to celebrate El Patron's title win. El Patron says his dad inspired him to be what he is today and then talks about his Slammiversary match. El Patron says he'll be a fighting champion and challenges anyone. Bobby Lashley interrupts and says El Patron is an egomaniac who wants attention and says El Patron's win was a fluke. Lashley then threatens El Patron's family forcing Dos Caras to slap Lashley in the face. Lashley says that Dos Caras hits harder than El Patron as GFW officials hit the ring to keep both sides separated. El Patron agrees to give El Patron a shot at the GFW Unified Championship tonight.
- Backstage, Bruce Prichard tells Jeremy Borash, Josh Mathews and The Pope that they all need to work together as a unit and if anyone of them physically hits the other they will be terminated on the spot.
- "GFW X Division Championship Match": Sonjay Dutt (c) vs. Caleb Konley: The match closes out with Dutt hitting a tornado DDT on Konley. Dutt then hits a huge cross body block off the top rope and scores the pinfall. After the match, Trevor Lee attacks and beats down Dutt. Lee takes the GFW X Division Championship hostage and announces himself as the new champion.
Winner: Sonjay Dutt, by pinfall, to retain the GFW X Division Championship.
- Backstage, VOW, Eddie Edwards and Grado hype their match tonight. Grado is waving an American flag even though he's from England.
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": V.O.W (Mayweather and Wilcox), Eddie Edwards and Grado vs. Eli Drake, Chris Adonis, Fallah Bahh and Mario Bokara: The match closes out with Grado getting double teamed until tagging Edwards. Edwards unloads until Bahh hits a cross body block. All eight men begin brawling, with Drake taking out Grado and the VOW taking out Drake. Edwards hits the Boston Knee Party on Boakara and scores the pinfall. After the match, Joseph Park arrives, gives Grado papers and orders him to leave the ring. It's unknown what the situation is about.
Winners: Eddie Edwards, Grado and VOW, by pinfall.
- Braxton Sutter vs. Matt Sydal: The match closes out with Sutter hitting a side slam on Sydal. Sydal returns with a roundhouse kick on Sutter. Sydal goes to the top rope and hits the Shooting Star Press to score the pinfall. After the match, Sutter pushes past Allie upset as she tries to comfort him.
Winner: Matt Sydal, by pinfall.
- At LAX's hangout, Homicide tries to get Konnan to reveal the newest member. Konnan refuses and says they want to surprise everyone.
- Jeremy Borash announces this year's 2017 Super X Cup. The 8 participants are Davey Richards, Drago, Desmond Xavier, Idris Abraham, Ishimori, ACH, Andrew Everett and Sammy Guevara.
- "The Super X Cup Tournament Match": Desmond Xavier vs. Idris Abraham: The match closes out with Xavier hitting a series of combo moves on Abraham. Both men trade strikes on each other, until Abraham connects with a basement drop kick. Xavier hits a super kick and then a corkscrew splash on Abraham to score the pinfall.
Winner: Desmond Xavier, by pinfall, to advance in the tournament.
- Backstage, Gail Kim is here and promises a major announcement next week.
- Backstage, Desmond Xavier says that more victories from him will be coming in GFW.
- Backstage, Moose hypes his match next week with Marufuji when Ethan Carter interrupts. EC3 says he deserves a GFW Global Championship Match more than Marufuji does. Moose tells EC3 to get back in line and wait his turn.
- Sienna vs. Rebel: The match closes out with Rebel hitting corner splashes and a handspring elbow on Sienna. KM tries to interfere, but Rebel steps on his hand and then hits a suicide dive on him. Sienna grabs Rebel and traps her in a modified guillotine choke submission and gets the tap out win.
Winner: Sienna, by submission.
- "GFW Unified World Championship Match": Alberto El Patron (c) vs. Bobby Lashley: The match closes out with Lashley countering the cross arm breaker submission with a float over swinging neck breaker. Lashley puts El Patron in a tree of woe and goes for El Patron's own finisher. El Patron is up and tosses Lashley off the ropes. El Patron leaps at Lashley, but gets speared in mid air. Lashley hits the Dominator on El Patron and then readies for another spear. LAX suddenly hit the ring and beat down Lashley, getting him DQ'ed. After the match, Konnan announces that Alberto El Patron is the newest member of LAX. LAX pick up El Patron and carry him backstage to end the show.
Winner: Bobby Lashley, by DQ.
** Slammiversary Recap **
Impact Wrestling, now soon to be called Global Force Wrestling, returned last weekend for Slammiversary, live on pay per view. Slammiversary was live at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. The main event of the show saw Impact World Champion Bobby Lashley and GFW Global Champion Alberto El Patron battle one on one with both of their titles on the line. All other major titles within the company were on the line as well along with other action!
- "Six Person Tag Team Match": Allie, Braxton Sutter and Mahabali Shera vs. Laurel Van Ness, KM and Kongo Kong: This match took place on the Slammiversary preshow. Team Allie came out victorious, taking the pinfall over Team Laurel.
Winners: Allie, Braxton Sutter and Mahabali Shera, by pinfall.
- "Impact/GFW World Tag Team Championship, Fatal Four Way Match": LAX (c) vs. El Hijo del Fantasma and Drago vs. Laredo Kid and Garza Jr. vs. Naomichi Marufuji and Taiji Ishimuri: The match closes out with Fantasma hitting a spinning piledriver for a near fall. Fantasma hits a suicide dive on Marufuji. Homicide interferes by attacking Garza Jr. on the apron. Santana gets a near fall, but Drago stops the pinfall. Drago flies off the ropes onto Santana for a near fall. Ortiz makes the save for Santana, setting up LAX for their double team finisher to score the pinfall and retain their titles. After the match, Konnan promises a new member of LAX coming soon.
Winners: LAX, by pinfall, to retain and unify the Impact/GFW World Tag Team Championship.
- Moose and DeAngelo Williams vs. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis: The match closes out with Williams hitting a shoulder tackle, chop, samoan drop and a standing moonsault. Drake and Adonis get tossed outside and Moose hits a corkscrew onto them. Drake and Adonis double team Moose and set up a table. Moose is back up and puts Adonis on top of the table. Williams climbs the ropes and hits a frog splash on Adonis, but the table doesn't break. Williams covers Adonis anyway and scores the pinfall. After the match, Moose grabs Drake and power bombs him through the table.
Winners: Moose and DeAngelo Williams, by pinfall.
Winner: Ethan Carter, by pinfall.
- "No DQ Match": Joseph Park and Jeremy Borash vs. Scott Steiner and Josh Mathews: The match gets crazy early as Steiner goes after a terrified Parks and JB and chases them backstage. Backstage, Steiner and Mathews are in a golf cart driving after Park and JB. Both teams end up by a swimming pool where Mathews gets back body dropped into it by JB. JB front flips onto Mathews in the pool and they fight under water. Steiner beats down Park and tosses him into a container. Shark Boy appears in the pool and chases off JB and Mathews. James Mitchell appears with the Abyss mask and hands it to Park. Back in the ring, the match closes out with Shark Boy returning and getting suplexed by Steiner. James Mitchell comes out to Abyss' theme music distracting Steiner. Park reappears in the ring now dressed as his Abyss character and lays out Steiner and Mathews. Abyss lays down thumb tacks and hits Mathews with the Black Hole Slam right on them. JB hits a frog splash onto Mathews and the thumb tacks and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Joseph Park/Abyss and Jeremy Borash, by pinfall.
Winners: Eddie and Alisha Edwards, by pinfall.
- "Impact X Division Championship, 2 Out of 3 Falls Match": Sonjay Dutt (c) vs. Low Ki:
** First Fall: Dutt hits a tornado DDT and a moonsault on Low Ki. Low Ki with a drop kick, but Dutt cuts off Low Ki on the top rope. Dutt and Low Ki both fall off the ropes and hit the mat. Low Ki is back up, hits Warriors Way on Dutt and scores the pinfall, taking the 1-0 lead.
** Second Fall: Low Ki hurts his ankle going for another Warriors Way and the referee checks on him. Low Ki hits a springboard kick on Dutt. Low Ki attempts Warriors Way again off the steel steps, but misses and hurts his ankle more. Dutt hits a suicide dive on Low Ki. Dutt locks in a leg lock submission on Low Ki, but he's able to escape. Low Ki takes out Dutt and hits Warriors Way, but can't cover due to his injured ankle. Dutt steals a pinfall and ties the match at 1-1.
** Final Fall: Dutt unloads elbows, but Low Ki hits a spinning kick for a near fall. Dutt lands two kicks and places Low Ki on the ropes. Low Ki gets Dutt in the tree of woe, but misses a double foot stomp and gets flipped onto the mat by Dutt. Dutt hits a moonsault into a double foot stomp on Low Ki and scores the pinfall to retain his title.
Winner: Sonjay Dutt, to retain the Impact X Division Championship.
- "Impact Knockouts Championship/GFW Women's Championship Unification Match": Rosemary (c) vs. Sienna (c): The match closes out with Rosemary hitting a suplex and a kick on Sienna for a near fall. Sienna hits The Silencer on Rosemary for a near fall. Rosemary hits the Red Wedding on Sienna, but Laurel Van Ness interrupts the pinfall attempt. Allie arrives with a kendo stick and chases Laurel around with it. The referee is distracted, allowing Sienna to crack Rosemary with one of the titles, but Rosemary still kicks out. Rosemary spits mist at Sienna, but Sienna blocks it with her hands. Sienna then smears the mist in Rosemary's eyes, blinding her. Sienna applies a submission and forces Rosemary to tap out, winning both titles.
Winner: Sienna, by submission to unify the Impact Knockouts Championship and the GFW Women's Championship.
- Jeff Jarrett takes the time to come out to the ring and thank all the fans for continuing to support Impact/GFW.
Winner: Alberto El Patron, by pinfall, to unify the Impact World Championship and the GFW Global Championship.
- James Storm Treated For A Stage 3 Concussion: GFW announced this week that James Storm suffered a stage 3 concussion during his match against Ethan Carter at Slammiversary, which is the reason he passed out in the match. It is unknown at this time if it was a legit injury or all apart of a storyline. If the injury is a legit one than it's quite possible that James Storm's professional wrestling career is over.
- Sienna made her professional wrestling debut in 2008 and was trained by Mathew Priest and Bill Martel.
- Sienna, who's also used the name Allysin Kaye has wrestled for SHINE, SHIMMER, AAA, ROH, TNA/GFW and other Indy Promotions.
- Top Titles Won:
** 1 Time AIW Women's Champion.
** 2 Time TNA Knockouts Champion.
** 1 Time GFW Women's Champion.
** 1 Time WSU World Tag Team Champion.
- PWI ranked Sienna #10 on the top 50 female wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in the PWI 500 of 2016.
- Champions Profile: ALBERTO EL PATRON: This week at GFW Slammiversary Alberto El Patron defeated Bobby Lashley to win the Impact World Championship and unify it with the GFW Global Championship.
- Alberto El Patron, who's also used Alberto Del Rio as his name has wrestled for WWE, TNA/GFW, AAA, CMLL, House of Hardcore, ROH, Lucha Underground and other Indy Promotions.
- Top Titles Won:
** 1 Time CMLL World Heavyweight Champion.
** 2 Time TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time GFW Global Champion.
** 1 Time AAA Mega Champion.
** 1 Time QPW World Champion.
** 2 Time WWE World Champion.
** 2 Time WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
** 2 Time WWE United States Champion.
** 1 Time WAW Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time WWL World Heavyweight Champion.
- PWI ranked Alberto El Patron #6 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2011.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
** ROH TV Recap **
Tonight's main event saw a Four Corners Survival Match with the winner receiving a future title match for the ROH Television Championship. Also on the show, The Young Bucks defended their ROH World Tag Team Championship in a Texas Tornado Three Way Match.
- Cody Rhodes Promo: Cody is in the ring as the lights immediately go out. The lights are back on, Christopher Daniels is behind Cody and unloads. Daniels tosses Cody into the barricade and then over the announcers table. Cody fights back and hits a swinging neck breaker. Cody misses trying to hit Daniels with the ROH World Title and gets dropped with an STO. ROH Officials and Security try to break things up, but they all get tossed by Cody and Daniels. Cody with an inverted atomic drop followed by the Disaster Kick on Daniels. Daniels sends Cody outside and follows with a moonsault. ROH Officials and Security finally break things up as Daniels celebrates with the ROH World Title.
- Backstage, Jay Briscoe gives props to Josh Woods for challenging him. Briscoe says he's taking Woods to the deep end of the pool where he'll be swimming with sharks now.
- Jay Briscoe vs. Josh Woods: The match closes out with Woods hitting a modified Go To Sleep on Briscoe for a near fall. Briscoe sends Woods into the ringpost outside, unloads and talks trash to Woods. Back in the ring, Woods connects with a knee. Briscoe counters a Woods charge with a discus forearm and a series of head butts. Briscoe hits a big lariat and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Jay Briscoe, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Will Ferrara says he got tired of Cheeseburger, his stupid gimmicks and his dumb theme music. Ferrara blames Cheeseburger for holding his career back, Cheeseburger being a charity case and someone like Cheeseburger can't be in his life anymore.
- "ROH World Tag Team Championship, Texas Tornado 3 Way Match": The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Tempura Boyz vs. Coast To Coast: The match closes out with Sho countering the Meltzer Driver. Coast to Coast unload the offense on The Bucks and The Boyz, gaining match control. Ali and LSG counter the super kick party by The Bucks and then go for double tombstone piledrivers on The Boyz. The Bucks land super kicks on Ali and LSG while holding The Boyz and then get assisted Meltzer Drivers in on The Boyz while Ali and LSG still held them in tombstone position. Ali and LSG eat double super kicks again and The Bucks cover and score the pinfall on The Boyz to retain the titles.
Winners: The Young Bucks, by pinfall, to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championship.
- "#1 Contenders Four Corner Survival Match": Mark Briscoe vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kenny King vs. The Beer City Bruiser: The winner of this match becomes #1 Contender to the ROH Television Championship: The match closes out with King hitting a suicide corkscrew plancha, taking everyone out. Sabin hits a tornado DDT on King. Briscoe hits a fisherman's buster on Sabin and then a Froggie Bow on King. Bruiser climbs the ropes and hits a frog splash on Sabin. Both Bruiser and Briscoe make covers, but then attack each other. Bruiser goes for the running cannonball on Briscoe, but King cuts Bruiser off with a lariat. King hits the Royal Flush on Bruiser and scores the pinfall.
Winner: Kenny King, by pinfall, to become #1 Contender to the ROH Television Championship.
*** Lucha Underground ***
** Lucha Underground TV Recap **
This week's show saw the conclusion of the first round of the Cueto Cup Tournament.
- We get a flashback video showing everything that Dante Fox went through as a POW before being rescued.
- "The Cueto Cup Tournament Match": PJ Black vs. Sexy Star: The match closes out with Taya at ringside and tripping up Sexy. Taya tosses a pair of brass knuckles to Black. Sexy grabs them before Black does and blasts him with them, catching a DQ. After the match, Sexy hits the referee with the brass knuckles for DQ'ing her.
Winner: PJ Black, by DQ, to advance to the next round.
- A video shows Rey Mysterio and Johnny Mundo training for their upcoming World Title match. Rey says that he doesn't like the way Mundo conducts himself as champion. Mundo says he respects Rey, but he's not in Mundo's league.
- "The Cueto Cup Tournament Match": Son of Havoc vs. Son of Madness: The match closes out with Havoc hitting a springboard cutter for a near fall. Madness hits a double foot stomp to the back and neck of Havoc. Both men battle up to the top rope where Havoc hits the Hangman's Noose on Madness. Havoc hits a suicide dive on Madness, but misses a shooting star press. Havoc and Madness trade cradle pinfall attempts until Havoc finally gets a pinfall on Madness. After the match, Madness knocks out Havoc and then rips Havoc's jacket in half.
Winner: Son of Havoc, by pinfall, to advance to the next round.
- "The Cueto Cup Tournament Match": Prince Puma vs. Ricky Mandel: The match closes out with Puma destroying Mandel quickly and putting him away for the pinfall with a spinning modified Tombstone.
Winner: Prince Puma, by pinfall, to advance to the next round.
- Backstage, Rey Mysterio confronts his protege El Dragon Azteca. Rey says he didn't want to miss Azteca's tournament match. Azteca says that after he wins the tournament he wants to face Rey for the Lucha Underground World Championship. Prince Puma interrupts and tells Rey that he better beat Johnny Mundo because after Puma wins the tournament he's coming after Rey for a rematch.
- "The Cueto Cup Tournament Match": Dante Fox vs. El Dragon Azteca: The match closes out with Fox and Azteca trading shots. Azteca hits a near fall Spanish Fly. Both men hit basement drop kicks on each other. Azteca goes to Rey Mysterio in his corner and tells Rey he's injured. Rey tries to tell the referee, but Taya appears and trips Rey off the apron. Rey hits a roundhouse kick on Taya, but gets attacked by PJ Black. Rey takes out Black and then tosses Ricky Mandel into a wall, after Mandel tried to attack Rey. Johnny Mundo attacks Rey and hits him with an apron power bomb. Mundo and his faction begin to beat Rey down on the floor now, forcing Azteca to suicide dive onto them for the save. Back in the ring, Azteca is still distracted long enough for Fox to hit the Fox Catcher on Azteca and score the pinfall.
Winner: Dante Fox, by pinfall, to advance to the next round.
*** NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING ***
NJPW returned with night number one in their special two night event live in the United States. Night number one featured the first round of the IWGP United States Championship Tournament to crown the first ever IWGP United States Champion. Also IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada defended his title against ROH World Heavyweight Champion "The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": The Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Marty Scurll, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Chaos (Trent Baretta, Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Rocky Romero and Will Ospreay): The match closes out with Fale tossing Baretta outside, taking everyone out. The Briscoes jump Fale from behind and beat him down. The Bucks make the save and unload super kicks. The Bucks hit a Buckle Bomb/Kick to the head combo. The Bucks go for the Meltzer Driver, but Baretta makes the save. Romero sneaks in from behind and gets the surprise roll up pinfall.
Winners: Trent Baretta, Rocky Romero, Will Ospreay and The Briscoes, by pinfall.
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Dragon Lee, Jushin Thunder Liger, Titan and Volador Jr. vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil, Hiromu Takahashi and Sanada): The match closes out with Liger hitting a tilt a whirl backbreaker and a palm strike. Lee and Takahashi unload chops until Lee hits a snap dragon suplex. Takahashi hits an overhead suplex on Titan for a near fall. Takahashi distracts the referee allowing EVIL to hit a Con Chair To on Titan's neck. Takahashi hits the Time Bomb on Titan and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Los Ingobernables De Japan, by pinfall.
- "First Round United States Championship Tournament Match": Hangman Adam Page vs. Jay Lethal: Lethal came out with his ribs taped from his match against Silas Young at ROH Best In the World. The match closes out with Page locking in an abdominal stretch submission. Lethal escapes, lands some kicks, a spinning strike and a cutter. Lethal hits the top rope Lethal Elbow and gets a near fall. Lethal attempts a figure four leg lock submission, but Page counters and tosses Lethal on the apron. Lethal hits a lariat and then the Lethal Injection. Lethal can't capitalize as his injured ribs are bothering him. Lethal unloads more kicks and hits another Lethal Injection to finally score the pinfall, to advance to the Semi Finals.
Winner: Jay Lethal, by pinfall.
- "First Round United States Championship Tournament Match": Juice Robinson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.: The match closes out with Sabre unloading chops and then goes for the cross arm breaker submission. Sabre almost gets it locked in, but Juice counters with a power bomb. Sabre comes back and traps Juice in an Octopus submission. Juice tries to escape, but Sabre locks both of Juice's arms and applies the pressure, finally making Juice tap out, to advance to the Semi Finals.
Winner: Zack Sabre Jr., by submission.
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Jay White and Taguchi Japan (David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kushida) vs. The Hunter Club (Billy Gunn and Yos-Tatsu) and The Tempura Boyz (Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu): The match closes out with Gunn landing an elbow on Tanahashi. Tanahashi leaps at Gunn, Gunn is able to lift up Tanahashi and hit a fall away slam. White and Yoshi tag in and unload on each other. All eight men get involved and begin brawling next. The brawling all over the arena continues until White hits a Flatliner on Yoshi and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Jay White and Taguchi Japan, by pinfall.
- "IWGP Tag Team Championship, No DQ Match": Guerillas of Destiny (c) vs. War Machine: Rowe demanded a No DQ Match and Tonga accepted by hitting Rowe with the microphone. The match closes out with Chase Owens hitting the ring and nailing Rowe with a steel chair. GOD hit a power bomb on Rowe through two chairs for a near fall. A table is brought in as Owens gets drop kicked out of the ring. Hanson hits a suicide dive on Owens and Tonga. Rowe unloads on Roa, but Roa won't go down until Rowe finally hits a kick. War Machine hit Fallout through a table and score the pinfall to win the titles.
Winners: War Machine, by pinfall, to win the IWGP Tag Team Championship.
- "First Round United States Championship Tournament Match": Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii: The match closes out with both men laid out on the mat. Ishii counters Destino with a head butt. Naito hits a forearm and attempts Destino again, but Ishii counters with an elbow and a lariat for a near fall. Naito hits a dragon suplex on Ishii for a near fall. Ishii again counters the Destino and gets a near fall lariat. Ishii hooks Naito, hits a brain buster and scores the pinfall, to advance to the Semi Finals.
Winner: Tomohiro Ishii, by pinfall.
- "First Round United States Championship Tournament Match": Kenny Omega vs. Michael Elgin: The match closes out with both men trading chops and elbows. Omega hits the V Trigger and a cross legged backbreaker. Omega cuts off Elgin on the second rope, but Elgin comes back with a belly to back suplex. Elgin drags Omega up to the top rope and hits a super sit down power bomb for a very close near fall. Elgin hits a Buckle Bomb, Omega counters a second one and gets a near fall rollup on Elgin. Omega counters an Elgin lariat with three straight V Triggers and a reverse frankensteiner for a near fall. Omega hits two knees to the face of Elgin, but then Elgin counters a One Winged Angel attempt by Omega. Omega hits another V Trigger and then the One Winged Angel to score the pinfall and advance to the Semi Finals.
Winner: Kenny Omega, by pinfall.
Winner: Kazuchika Okada, by pinfall, to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.
** G1 U.S. Special Night #2 Recap **
NJPW returned with night number two of their United States Special G1 Show. The Semi Finals and Finals of the IWGP United States Championship Tournament highlighted night number two.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": Kushida, Jushin Thunder Liger and David Finlay vs. The Tempura Boyz and Yoshi Tatsu: The match closes out with Finlay unloading on Yoshi. Yoshi hits a high knee on Finlay then taunts the crowd. Finlay counters a Pedigree by Yoshi as both Tempura Boyz get involved. Kushida and Liger make the save. Kushida, Liger and Finlay all apply submission holds and get the tap out win when Yoshi taps out.
Winners: David Finlay, Kushida and Jushin Thunder Liger, by submission.
- "IWGP United States Championship Semi Finals Tournament Match": Kenny Omega vs. Jay Lethal: The match closes out with Omega countering the Lethal Injection with a snap dragon suplex. Omega unloads leg kicks on Lethal. Omega counters a figure four leg lock submission and gets a near fall cradle on Lethal. Another near fall Doctor Bomb by Omega and then the V Trigger connects. Omega goes for the One Winged Angel, but Lethal counters out. Omega rehooks it and hits the One Winged Angel for the pinfall and advancing to the Finals.
Winner: Kenny Omega, by pinfall.
- "IWGP United States Championship Semi Finals Tournament Match": Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii: The match closes out with Sabre trapping Ishii in a Triangle submission. Ishii tries to reach the ropes, but Sabre cuts him off short and applies the pressure. Ishii finally escapes the submission by reaching the ropes. Sabre unloads kicks on Ishii, but it only angers Ishii who drops Sabre to the mat. Sabre hits a jumping leg scissors into a double wristlock on Ishii. Ishii escapes, but eats a Sabre Penalty Kick. Ishii is back up and is able to put Sabre away by pinfall with the inverted brain buster to advance to the Finals.
Winner: Tomohiro Ishii, by pinfall.
- "Ten Man Tag Team Match": Los Ingobernables De Japon (Testsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, BUSHI, EVIL and SANADA vs. Jay White, Juice Robinson, Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. and Titan: The match closes out with Lee and Takahashi trading slaps. White and Evil tag in with White gaining the offense. Sanada gets a shot in on White from the apron giving Evil the advantage. All ten men begin brawling around the ringside area. White and Lee are able to double team Bushi. White hits the Flatliner on Bushi and scores the pinfall.
Winners: Jay White, Juice Robinson, Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. and Titan, by pinfall.
- "Six Man Tag Team Match": War Machine and Michael Elgin vs. Guerillas Of Destiny and Hangman Adam Page: The match closes out with GOD double teaming Rowe. GOD attempt a double suplex on Hanson, but Elgin makes the save. GOD talk trash to Elgin and hit him with a double team neckbreaker. Hanson flies off the ropes and takes out both members of GOD with a splash. Both members of GOD are back up and toss Hanson outside. Rowe is back in and unloads on both members of GOD. Page hits the ring, drills Rowe with a lariat and then hits the Rite of Passage to score the pinfall.
Winners: Guerillas of Destiny and Hangman Adam Page, by pinfall.
- NJPW Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi is in the ring and thanks the United States fans. Naoki announces that NJPW will return to the U.S. in 2018.
- "IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match": The Young Bucks (c) vs. Roppongi Vice: The match closes out with RPG hitting Strong Zero on Nick Jackson, but Nick somehow kicks out at two and a half. Romero and Matt Jackson trade shots with each other. The Bucks set up Romero outside and hit a Super Meltzer Driver, dedicated to Dave Meltzer's late father Herbert Meltzer. Back in the ring, The Bucks unload with a super kick party on RPG. The Bucks hit another Meltzer Driver on Romero. Both Bucks apply Sharpshooter submissions on Romero and Baretta and get the tap out win to retain their titles.
Winners: The Young Bucks, by submission, to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
- Ricochet attacks The Young Bucks from behind and takes them out with a cross body block. Ricochet grabs a microphone and says he wants a tag team title match against The Young Bucks with Taguchi as Ricochet's partner. Ricochet then takes a shot at Lucha Underground and says that he wanted to wrestle at this show but a certain Underground promotion are being pricks.
- Rocky Romero tells Trent Baretta that he promised him that if they didn't win tonight then he'd let Baretta go on his own and compete for the heavyweight title. RPG Vice officially disband and share a bro hug.
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay and The Briscoes vs. Cody Rhodes, Marty Scurll, Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi: The match closes out with Okada unloading on Fale. Fale counters a slam and hits Okada with a fall away slam and a splash. Cody tags in and goes to work on Okada. Cody talks trash, but gets flap jacked by Okada. Ospreay tags in and plants Cody with a spike DDT on a tilt a whirl counter. All eight men begin brawling around the ringside area. Scurll grabs his umbrella and uses it to distract Okada. Cody drills Okada with the Disaster Kick, but Ospreay hits the ring and goes aerial on Cody. Cody is able to counter an Ospreay offensive move and nail Cross Rhodes for the pinfall.
Winners: The Bullet Club, by pinfall.
Winner: Hiroshi Tanahashi, by pinfall, to retain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship.
- "IWGP United States Championship Finals Tournament Match": Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii: The match closes out with both men trading shots. Ishii hits an inside out lariat on Omega for a near fall. Omega hits the One Winged Angel on Ishii for a very close near fall. Omega hits a snap german suplex, but Ishii comes back with a lariat for a near fall. Ishii counters a bulldog and hits Omega with his own One Winged Angel for a near fall. Omega hits the V Trigger, follows with a palm strike and then a cross legged neck breaker. Omega hits a running knee, a dragon suplex and another running knee to slow down Ishii. Omega finally hits the One Winged Angel on Ishii, scores the pinfall and becomes the first ever IWGP United States Champion.
Winner: Kenny Omega, by pinfall, to win the IWGP United States Championship.
- Champions Profile: WAR MACHINE: War Machine defeated Guerillas of Destiny at the NJPW U.S. G1 Special to win the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
- Hanson and Rowe, aka War Machine, made their wrestling debut in 2014. Both men competed in the 2014 ROH Top Prospect Tournament before forming a tag team and training in Ring of Honor.
- War Machine have wrestled for AAW, ICW, ROH, NJPW, PROGRESS, PWG and other Indy Promotions.
- Top Titles Won:
** 1 Time ROH World Tag Team Champions.
** 2 Time IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions.
** 1 Time VIP World Tag Team Champions.
** 1 Time BCW World Tag Team Champions.
- PWI ranked Hanson #108 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2016.
- PWI ranked Rowe #97 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2016.
- Champions Profile: KENNY OMEGA: Kenny Omega defeated Tomohiro Ishii at the NJPW U.S. G1 Special to become the first ever IWGP United States Champion.
- Kenny Omega made his professional wrestling debut in 2000 and was trained by Bobby Jay, Dave Taylor, Mentallo and Vance Nevada.
- Kenny Omega has wrestled for Deep South Wrestling (WWE owned), ROH, PWG, NJPW and other Indy Promotions.
** 1 Time 4FW Junior Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time CWE World Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time CWF Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time DDT Extreme Division Champion.
** 2 Time KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time KO-D Openweight Champion.
** 3 Time KO-D World Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time Nihonkai Six Man Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time JAPW Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time JAPW Light Heavyweight Champion.
** 3 Time Canadian Unified Junior Heavyweight Champion
** 1 Time NWA Canadian X Champion.
** 1 Time IWGP Intercontinental Champion.
** 2 Time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion.
** 1 Time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion.
** 2 Time IWGP NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion.
** 4 Time PCW Heavyweight Champion.
** 2 Time PCW Tag Team Champion.
** 1 Time PWG World Champion.
- PWI ranked Omega #23 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 of 2016.
- Current Leader of the faction known as The Bullet Club.
*** Other ***
- Smith Hart Passes Away: It was announced by family on Smith Hart's Facebook page on Sunday that Smith Hart had passed away at the age of 68. Smith Hart, who was the oldest child of the 12 Hart Family children, lost his battle to prostate cancer.
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!