Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE brings you the Weekend 3 Count. W3C brings you wrestling news, rumors and recaps from around the wrestling world. You'll find news and recaps involving WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, GFW, NJPW, House of Hardcore and any Indy promotion that I find an interesting story or a cool discovery in. Be sure to check out the W3C every Sunday afternoon at @TripleThreatCLE.
*** WWE/NXT ***
"WWE gave Lesnar permission to return to fighting for his bout at UFC 200, where he defeated Mark Hunt by unanimous decision last Saturday night. Once Lesnar was back on the UFC roster, he was subjected to the full range of drug testing. The former heavyweight champion was then flagged for a failed drug test that was administered on June 28 by USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency) before Lesnar and the UFC were notified on Friday. Brock Lesnar has not performed for WWE since WrestleMania, which was held in April and Lesnar is not scheduled to return to WWE until Sunday, August 21."
- Lesnar's WWE Future: WWE tests athletes as part of their own wellness program, but at this time it's unclear if Lesnar's positive drug test from USADA will have any bearing on his current WWE status. Under the WWE's wellness program, an athlete testing positive for the first time would receive a 30-day suspension from the company. Former WWE World Champion Roman Reigns just recently faced a similar sanction when he violated the WWE's wellness program. If WWE were to suspend Lesnar 30 days, he'd still be back in time to face Randy Orton at Summer Slam on August 21st.
- UFC 200: Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Recap: Last Saturday night, WWE's own "The Beast" Brock Lesnar returned to the UFC Octagon and did battle with Mark Hunt in a three round fight. Both men went the three round distance with Brock Lesnar defeating Mark Hunt by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28). Officials stated that Lesnar dominated rounds one and three, with the second round being more even than anything else. Officials also stated that this was a very dominating performance by the former UFC heavyweight Champion, Brock Lesnar.
Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt Highlights
- Brock Lesnar Got Paid!: This past week, Lesnar's paycheck for fighting at UFC 200 was revealed and Lesnar in fact got a nice chunk of change. Brock Lesnar's purse for defeating Mark Hunt in the co-main event of UFC 200 was $2.5 million, according to Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports. This is not only Lesnar's biggest UFC payday but the highest guaranteed pay for any UFC fighter in history. UFC fighter, Conor McGregor, was previously guaranteed $1 million in March for UFC 196. Lesnar will also receive money for the pay-per-view sales that were brought in for the event.
- The WWE/UFC Partnership: With Vince McMahon allowing UFC President Dana White to use Brock Lesnar at UFC 200, some are wondering if White is going to return the favor. There have already been rumors of possible UFC fighters appearing at Summer Slam. Conor McGregor has even stated in the past that if he ever left UFC he'd call up the WWE. Then there is the Ronda Rousey match the WWE have been clamoring for since Wrestlemania 31. WWE wanted a Triple H and Stephanie McMahon vs. The Rock and Ronda Rousey match at Wrestlemania 32 after planting the seeds for it at Wrestlemania 31, when Ronda arm wrenched Stephanie and hip tossed Triple H. At that time, Dana White refused to let Ronda fight in WWE, fearing injury. Now that Vince McMahon has opened the door to the UFC with Lesnar, will Dana White be willing to work out an agreement and let WWE borrow Ronda for a match? Say what you will whether it's real or scripted, I think a WWE/UFC partnership is what's best for business.
- WWE Commissioners Announced: If you missed RAW last Monday night, it was announced that Stephanie McMahon will be running RAW and Shane McMahon will be running Smackdown. Both McMahon's must pick a general manager to run their shows before tomorrow night's RAW, or else Vince McMahon will pick the GM for them for the WWE Draft on July 19th.
- Randy Orton's Return: If you missed RAW last Monday night, it was announced that Randy Orton will be making his return to the WWE from shoulder surgery at WWE Battleground. Orton will be a special guest on Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel and will probably have a lot to say about his WWE Summer Slam opponent Brock Lesnar.
- Neville Returns: This past Tuesday at the Smackdown TV tapings, Neville made his official return from a fractured ankle and wrestled in a dark match. No word on when Neville will return to TV.
- Big Show Challenges Shaq: This past week at the ESPN ESPY Awards, The Big Show threw out a challenge to NBA Hall of Famer, Shaquille O'Neal. Show challenged Shaq to a one on one match at Wrestlemania 33. Shaq, who has done a few storylines with the WWE in the past during RAW appearances has stated in the past that he would love to wrestle in a match. Show and Shaq did in fact have a run in against each other on RAW a few years back.
- New NXT Signees: PWTorch.com is reporting that Kota Ibushi and Gran Metalik have signed contracts with WWE NXT. Ibushi, is a three-time IWGP Jr. Heavywight Champion, a former Best of the Super Juniors winner, and won the New Japan Cup in 2015. Gran Metalik, has been a staple of the CMLL promotion for several years, as well as working tours with New Japan.
*** TNA ***
-- A video plays showing the day after The Final Deletion. Matt Hardy throws a Jeff Hardy shirt in the water and says "It's Over".
-- DJ Z defeated Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Rockstar Spud, Mandrews and Braxton Sutter in a #1 Contender Ladder Match. After the match, Mike Bennett attacks DJ Z from behind, says he's ruining Destination X and burning TNA to the ground.
-- Eddie Edwards and Bobby Lashley meet face to face. Edwards promises that the underdog will win tonight. Lashley attacks Edwards and goes to use a steel chair, but Davey Richards returns and saves Edwards.
-- Matt Hardy has what looks like a ritual going on at his house, showing last weeks Final Deletion and all of his house guests are chanting "Delete".
-- Bram defeated Abyss, by pinfall. Rosemary distracts Abyss, by talking to Bram. Bram rolls up Abyss for the pin.
-- Matt Hardy invites Jeff Hardy out and says Jeff Hardy's TNA contract has been deleted. Matt, however, doesn't want Jeff to go work for Mr. McMahon. Jeff will instead be Matt's personal assistant being deletion is worse than death.
-- DJ Z challenges Mike Bennett to a match tonight. Bennett accepts.
-- DJ Z defeated Mike Bennett, by pinfall. Bennett tries to walk out, but gets road blocked by the X-Division. DJ Z rolls up Bennett for the pinfall on the distraction. After the match, Bennett says he's burning TNA down tonight and he has a friend that will help.
-- Drew Galloway and Ethan Carter face each other in an Unsanctioned Match that ends in a no contest. Galloway and EC3 brawl all over ringside and backstage until TNA Officials finally separate both men.
-- Dixie Carter is furious over the no contest and announces a rematch next week between Lashley and Edwards inside the Six Sides of Steel.
- Watch as Moose debuts at TNA Destination X:
- TNA Almost Sold: According to Wrestling Observer Radio, the situation regarding a potential sale of TNA Wrestling is getting close and it's as close as its been in awhile. TNA has been trying to sell a stake in the company for awhile now, and they specifically want a deal in which Dixie Carter could remain as TNA President. Aroluxe Marketing, with which The Harris Twins are involved, have been working with TNA on the production side and are minority owners. Dave Meltzer has said that the sale is close and it's unknown who the buyer or buyers are.
- Bound For Glory Date Change: TNA recently announced that TNA Bound For Glory 2016 will probably be moved to a different day. Originally BFG was scheduled for Sunday September 11th, however, with the WWE brand extension and more WWE pay per view's being added, WWE have announced WWE Backlash for September 11th also. TNA will more than likely move BFG to a different day to avoid conflicts.
- Matt And Reby Hardy Fire Shots At WWE: After watching this week's New Day vs. Wyatt Family brawl at the Wyatt Family Compound. Both Matt and Reby Hardy and even the Señor Benjamin account fired verbal shots via Twitter at the WWE for copying TNA's Final Deletion. The following are Tweets sent out.
Señor Benjamin: Thankyou for thinking of Señor Bejamin. But Wyatt brothers cannot afford Señor Benjamin. Buena suerte en your massacre.
Reby Sky: LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO IF THIS SHIT DONT LOOK FAMILIAR !!!!!! 😂
Reby Sky: Real cute, but yall ain't shit without @BenjaminSenor #RAW
Reby Sky: Stop playin, we all know @BenjaminSenor is under that goat mask. #RAW
Broken Matt Hardy: My #BROKEN brilliance is trendsetting. I AM THE WAY. #TheFinalDeletion
Be sure to check out the whole story in the You Tube Corner below.
*** RING OF HONOR ***
- ROH TV Recap:
-- Donovan Dijak defeated Jason Kincaid, by pinfall, with Feast Your Eyes.
-- The Addiction defeated Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser, by pinfall, to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Daniels hits the Best Moonsault Ever and Kazarian hits a slingshot leg drop for the pinfall.
-- Bobby Fish makes fun of Mark Briscoe and ACH on his Fish Tank talk show.
-- Mark Briscoe defeated ACH, by pinfall with the Froggy Bow. After the match, Bobby Fish and Mark Briscoe have a stare down.
- ROH Interested In Cody Rhodes: ROH recently stated that they have met with Cody Rhodes on a couple occasions and are interested in signing Rhodes to ROH. Rhodes, however, has yet to agree on a deal with ROH and has continued to work independent shows at the moment.
*** LUCHA UNDERGROUND ***
-- Sexy Star defeated Sinestro de la Muerte, Mariposa, Killshot, Marty Martinez, Daga and Night Claw, to win the Lucha Underground Gift Of The Gods Championship. Sexy makes Marty tap out with a cross arm breaker for the victory.
- Mr. Cisco works a deal with the police to go undercover.
- Mil Muertes defeated King Cuerno, by pinfall. Muertes hits Cuerno with a crow bar and then hits the Tombstone pile driver for the pinfall.
-- Mr. Cisco blows his cover in Dario Cueto's office. Dario finds Cisco's police wire and then bashes Cisco's head in with a paper weight.
Ultima Lucha Dos Part 2 Highlights:
*** You Tube Corner ***
- Cody Rhodes And Woooooo Nation: Cody Rhodes was recently on Ric Flair's Woooooo Nation! podcast. You can check that out here:
- Brock Lesnar Drug Testing Controversy:
And that's this week's W3C! Join me every Sunday afternoon as I bring you news, recaps and rumors all around the wrestling world!