Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, has returned with your TNA Impact Recap Edition.
TNA Impact took place in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, this week. Ethan Carter returned to TNA after getting taken out and losing his TNA World Heavyweight Championship to Matt Hardy a few weeks back. Bobby Lashley's stalker, Raquel, returned this week. Maria Bennett looks to fix the Knockout's Division. Drew Galloway battled Tyrus. Matt Hardy defended the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Kurt Angle.
*** TNA Impact ***
- Impact kicks off showing Ethan Carter leaving his hotel and demanding an interview later.
- The Hardy Family Promo: The fans chant for Jeff Hardy, but Matt says Jeff isn't here because karma piledrived him through a table last week. Reby says everyone always said Matt lived in Jeff's shadow, but she never believed it or seen it that way. Reby says Jeff is jealous of Matt and that led to Jeff getting taken out again. Eric Young and Bram arrive and EY says Jeff isn't coming back because of what he did to him and he took Jeff's career. EY has no issues with Matt, but reminds him the world title goes through him. Tyrus and Bram go nose to nose, as Kurt Angle interrupts. Angle has great news for Matt, tonight Matt has to defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Kurt Angle in his farewell tour. Matt isn't surprised by Angle's backstage politics, says his farewell tour is about to become a permanent retirement match. Angle says his career ends when he says so and he may be outnumbered but he's kicking Hardy's ass tonight. Matt dares Angle to come to the ring and out come Beer Money. Beer Money says tonight will be a fight and in this business it's about making money and kicking ass. Beer Money promise a fair fight for Angle as they brawl with EY and Bram. Abyss, Crazy Steve and The Wolves all run out and join in the fight. Beer Money and The Wolves plan on taking them out in a hardcore match, tonight.
- Backstage, Drew Galloway promises to become the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion, with his Feast Or Fired briefcase. Tyrus interrupts and tells Galloway to forget it and walk away. Galloway reminds Tyrus that he's still the #1 Contender to the title and maybe he should better his career instead of being a bitch. Tyrus says Galloway just asked for it and walks away.
Winner: Bobby Lashley, by pinfall.
- Maria Bennett Promo: Maria says women's wrestling needs a miracle, a leader, someone to point you in the right direction and claims its her. Maria says she's going to fix the Knockout's Division. Gail Kim comes out and interrupts. Gail respects but questions Maria. Maria says she's a business woman, Gail is just a wrestler, but can help Gail become mainstream. Maria says Gail stinks as the TNA Knockout's champion. Gail tells Maria to put her boots on and fix the problem than. Maria and Gail shove each other, until Maria finally leaves.
- Backstage, Beer Money thank The Wolves for backing them up. The Wolves say they know exactly what Beer Money wants. Storm says they want to solidify their legacy. The Wolves and Beer Money begin to argue until Bobby Roode gets everyone back on track for tonight.
Winners: Abyss, Crazy Steve, Eric Young and Bram, by pinfall.
- Backstage, Drew Galloway tells Kurt Angle he was honored to wrestle him. Angle says Galloway is a great athlete and will lead this company. Angle promises Galloway a world title match after he wins the title from Matt Hardy.
Winner: Drew Galloway, by DQ.
- Backstage, Kurt Angle says it's been an honor to wrestle some of the greats in TNA the past decade. Bobby Lashley interrupts and says it would be fitting if Angle wins the world title and then their match in the United Kingdom would be for the title that Angle took from Lashley in the past.
- "TNA X-Division Championship Match": Tigre Uno (c) vs. Trevor Lee (w/Shane Helms): Helms was supposed to face Uno, but says he's not ready, so Uno is fighting Trevor Lee. The match closes out with, Lee sending Uno to the floor. Uno hits a springboard off the steel steps and takes Lee out with a head scissors. Back in the ring, Uno counters a german suplex and gets a near fall rollup. Uno goes for an enziguri, but Lee counters with a double stomp. Lee hits a fisherman buster on Uno and scores the pinfall, to win the title.
Winner: Trevor Lee, by pinfall, to win the TNA X-Division Championship.
- Ethan Carter Promo: EC3 talks about being undefeated, realized that during that time he was acting like a piece of shit and it all came to him when he lost to Matt Hardy. EC3 says winning is an addiction and its something he never wanted to end. EC3 says he doesn't run from his problems, has already booked a flight to the United Kingdom and is bringing hell with him to reign down on Matt Hardy.
Winner: Matt Hardy, by pinfall, to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
- This closes out this weeks Impact.