Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, is back with the RAW edition.
- This week's RAW was live in Minneapolis, Minnesota and was being advertised for not only just wrestling, but also as their Slammy Awards Show. If you're new to the Slammy Awards Show, I'll explain it to you. The Slammy Awards is basically WWE's version of the Grammys or the Oscars. WWE rewards their superstars with trophies for being voted the best in whatever category they're nominated in. Usually categories range from Best Wrestler of the Year, Best Match of the Year, OMG Moment of the Year and a bunch of other categories to fill up the three hour show. WWE also announced Slammy winners throughout the whole day and also during the RAW Pre-Show. So lets get to the recap and see just who walked out with a Slammy this year.
*** Before RAW Slammy Winners ***
- WWE Tag Team of the Year Slammy Winners: The Usos
- Best John Cena US Open Challenge Slammy Winners: John Cena vs. Cesaro
- Hashtag of the Year Slammy Winner: Brock Lesnar with #SuplexCity
- Celebrity Moment of the Year Slammy Winner: Stephen Amell diving onto Stardust at SummerSlam
- “Tell Me You Didn’t Just Say That” Moment of the Year Slammy Winner: Brock Lesnar inventing the “Suplex City" catchphrase
*** Pre-Show RAW Slammy Winners ***
- Rivalry Of The Year Slammy Winners: The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
- Best Original WWE Network Show Slammy Winner: The Stone Cold Podcast
- Double Cross Of The Year Slammy Winners: Damien Sandow turning on The Miz
- Extreme Moment Of The Year Winner: Roman Reigns spearing Bray Wyatt
*** RAW ***
- Breakout Star Of The Year Slammy Winner: Dolph Ziggler presents the award and the winner is Neville. Kevin Owens interrupts and calls this crap, because he's the breakout star, he beat John Cena in his first WWE match. Neville tells Owens to shut up and leaves with his Slammy, as Ziggler laughs. Owens says Ziggler should be given a Has Been Award, which forces Ziggler to attack Owens. Ziggler and Owens brawl all over the RAW stage until WWE Officials separate them.
- Kane vs. Bray Wyatt (w/The Wyatt Family): The match closes out with Bray getting grabbed by the throat by Kane. The Wyatt Family all interfere, causing a DQ. Kane fights off the whole family inside and outside the ring, until he finally gets overpowered 4-On-1. Tommy Dreamer and The Dudley Boys hit the ring to even the odds and help Kane clear the ring.
Winner: Kane, by DQ
- "Eight Man Tag Team Match": The Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family: The Authority immediately announced this impromptu match after the interference. The match closes out with a brawl breaking out on the floor. Inside the ring, Bubba slams Harper and Devon hits Whazzz Up on Harper. Rowan gets in the ring, but catches a 3D from the Dudleys. Strowman enters the ring and clotheslines both Dudleys. Kane clotheslines Strowman over the ropes. Harper is back up, hits the big Harper lariat on Devon and scores the pinfall.
Winners: The Wyatt Family, by pinfall
- LOL Moment of the Year Slammy Winner: Santino Marella presents the award and the winner is R-Truth for thinking he was in the Money In The Bank Match. Santino accepts the award for Truth, cause he's never won one before. Truth shows up, grabs his award and chases Santino backstage.
- OMG Shocking Moment of the Year Slammy Winner: Paul Heyman presents the award and the winner is Kalisto for Salida Del Sol through a ladder at WWE TLC.
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens: The match closes out with Ziggler countering the pop up power bomb and super kicking Owens to the floor. Ziggler follows, gets tossed onto the announcers table and then back into the ring. Ziggler hits the Famasser for a near fall on Owens. Ziggler charges at Owens, but Owens catches Ziggler with a pop up power bomb for the pinfall.
Winner: Kevin Owens, by pinfall
- Superstar of the Year Slammy Winner: Stephanie McMahon presents the award and the winner is Seth Rollins. Rollins returns, still on crutches. Rollins brags about the great 2015 he had, promises to rebuild himself and take back the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, that he never lost, when he comes back in 2016.
- It's announced that John Cena will return to WWE next Monday and face Alberto Del Rio.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio, by pinfall
- "Hero in All of Us" Slammy Winner: Mark Henry presents the award and the winner is John Cena. Cena isn't present so Henry accepts the award for Cena.
- Surprise Return of the Year Slammy Winner: Bo Dallas dressed as Santa Claus presents the award and the winner is Sting. Sting isn't present so Dallas accepts the award.
- The New Day Promo: The New Day are in the ring and not happy. They hate that they lost Tag Team of the Year to The Usos. They hate that Sting wins an award and isn't even in the building. Big E blames the fans, so he threatens to ruin Star Wars, but Kofi stops him cause he hasn't seen it yet. The good thing though is they're still the WWE World Tag Team Champions.
- "3-On-2 Handicap Match": The Usos vs. The New Day: The match closes out with Jey hot tagging, unloads on Woods, hits a Rikishi Splash on Woods, unloads on Big E and gets a near fall on Kofi with a Samoan Drop. Jimmy tosses Kofi to the floor and The Usos suicide dive onto New Day on the floor. Big E grabs an Uso, but gets super kicked by the other Uso. Back in the ring, Woods goes for a rollup, but it's countered into an Uso rollup for the pinfall.
Winners: The Usos, by pinfall
- Diva of the Year Slammy Winner: R-Truth presents the award and the winner is Paige. Or is it? Truth says he messed up and Nikki Bella is really the winner. Nikki hugs a stunned Paige, gives a speech and takes her award.
Winner: Rusev, by submission
- This Is Awesome Moment of the Year Slammy Winners: The Miz presents the award and the winners are The Rock and Ronda Rousey for their Wrestlemania 31 appearance together. Neither Rock or Rousey are present, so Miz accepts the award for them.
- Becky Lynch vs. Brie Bella: The match closes out with, Brie unloading Yes Kicks on Becky and follows up with the running Brie Knee, for a near fall. Brie cradles Becky, but Becky counters it into the Dis-Arm-Her submission and forces Brie to tap out.
Winner: Becky Lynch, by submission
- Backstage, The League of Nations are spotted attacking and beating down The Usos.
Winner: Dean Ambrose, by escaping the cage
- RAW closes out with Stephanie McMahon, backstage beating up a reporter after he asked for her comment on the ending to the main event.