Greetings all, it is time once again for this weeks TNA Impact recap, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE. TNA is currently still World Championless in their promotion and are looking at making the jump from Destination America over to PopTV very soon. TNA continues to be the little engine that could and refuses to lie down. It'll be very interesting to see what the company has in store for us in the weeks to come.
- This week's Impact took place at the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. The TNA World Title Series continued on, entering into week number nine of the tournament. We are finished with the first round of 32 wrestlers and are now down to 16. Who will continue on in the tournament as TNA looks to crown a new TNA World Heavyweight Champion?
- Ethan Carter defeated DJ Z, by pinfall: Tyrus tries to get involved in the match, as he chases DJ Z around ringside. EC3 takes control, tosses DJ Z into the ring post and then back into the ring. DJ Z fires back, lands a DDT for a near fall and sets EC3 up for a hurricanrana. EC3 counters out, hits DJ Z with the One Percenter, covers, scores the pinfall and continues on into the Final 8.
- Gail Kim Promo: Gail says it doesn't matter that she's fighting a dude in the next round, it's just like fighting any other competitor and vows to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
- Davey Richards defeated Bram, by pinfall: Richards unloads on Bram and hits a double foot stomp, a missile drop kick, a running forearm and an exploder suplex. Richards hits another foot stomp and gets a near fall. Bram comes back with an F5 on Richards and sets Richards up for Brighter Side of Suffering. Richards counters out, cradles Bram, scores the pinfall and advances to the Final 8.
- Eli Drake Promo: Eli says he's right where he's supposed to be in the tournament, calls Mahabali Shera a moron, but is strong with great dance moves.
- Mahabali Shera defeated Eli Drake, by pinfall: Drake hits a back suplex, but misses an elbow drop. Shera lands a couple clotheslines and a back body drop. Drake lands a boot on Shera and goes up top. Shera tosses Drake off the top rope and follows up with Sky High. Shera covers and scores the pinfall, advancing to the Final 8.
- Matt Hardy Promo: Hardy calls Bobby Roode one of the best and a TNA cornerstone. Hardy's game plan won't change, however, it'll still be Twist Of Fate, victory and getting back the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. No lawyers or controversy will get in the way this time.
- Matt Hardy defeated Bobby Roode, by pinfall: Hardy hits a running clothesline and a bulldog for a near fall. Hardy goes for Twist Of Fate, but Roode counters out and gets a near fall roll up. Roode applies the cross face submission, but Hardy escapes. Roode goes for the Roode Bomb, but Hardy escapes and goes for Twist Of Fate. Roode again counters with a back elbow. Roode comes off the top rope, but Hardy sees it coming and plants Roode with Twist Of Fate. Hardy covers, scores the pinfall and advances to the Final 8.
- Eric Young defeated Kenny King, by pinfall: King sends EY to the floor and lands a plancha. Back in the ring, King hits a springboard cross body, an atomic drop and a near fall rollup on EY. King lands a near fall spine buster on EY. EY goes back on offense and plants King with the piledriver, to score the pinfall and advance to the Final 8.
- Bobby Lashley defeated Drew Galloway, by pinfall: Galloway and Lashley brawl on the apron, until Lashley gets sent into the ring post. Lashley hits a german suplex and a running power slam on Galloway, for a near fall. Galloway hits White Noise on Lashley and goes for a running boot. Lashley pops Galloway with a big spear, covers and scores the pinfall to advance into the Final 8 to close out the show.
** Final 8 Matches **
- Ethan Carter vs. Davey Richards
- Bobby Lashley vs. Mahabali Shera
- Eric Young vs. Tigre Uno
- Matt Hardy vs. Jesse Godderz