Wrestling Lockup with Brandon, brought to you by Triple Threat CLE, brings you the WWE TLC and S pay per view preview. This year's TLC and S takes place live in Triple Threat CLE's hometown of Cleveland, Ohio at Quicken Loans Arena. Tonight's event has gone back to the traditional four main event match stipulations, each one being a "Chair Match", "Ladder Match", "Table Match" and a "Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match". WWE has also gone further with a "Steel Stairs Match". A big step up to their TLC pay per view last year that seen only one match being the "Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match", instead of all four.
- "Tables Match": John Cena vs. Seth Rollins: Seth Rollins wants John Cena to reinstate The Authority in the worst way but Cena refuses. Cena is enjoying RAW without The Authority. Rollins brags about pinning Cena at the Survivor Series, Cena promises Rollins will go through a table at TLC. The Anonymous RAW GM added a stipulation to this match. If John Cena loses then he will lose his #1 Contenders spot for a chance at Brock Lesnar and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Seth Rollins claims to still be the future of the WWE and continues to point fingers at everyone responsible for The Authority's demise. Cena says he's still good enough to continue to step up and lead the WWE.
- "Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match": Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt: Ambrose and Wyatt went face to face at last month's Survivor Series, as Wyatt continued to play mind games with Ambrose. Ambrose went one step crazier on Wyatt as he DQ'ed himself by laying Wyatt out with a chair shot and "Dirty Deeds" on the chair. Ambrose would then go on to bury Wyatt under chairs and a table and celebrate from the top of a ladder. This feud heated up so much in this match that WWE signed the Ambrose/Wyatt "Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match" for TLC right then and there at Survivor Series. Ambrose and Wyatt continued to play mind games with each other leading up to tonight's match. Bray even went as far as trying to injure Ambrose's throat with a chair. Ambrose promises Bray will leave tonight in an ambulance. Which one of these masters of mind games survive tonight in a match known to shorten careers?
- "Chairs Match": Kane vs. Ryback: Kane has had an issue with Ryback since before Survivor Series, as Kane right away didn't trust Ryback, when we all thought Ryback joined The Authority. Kane was right all along, as Ryback ended up turning on The Authority and joining Team Cena. Ryback thought it was funny when Kane lost his Director of Operations job and was forced to be the Director of Food and Beverage. Kane attacked Ryback and unloaded chair shots, over and over, on "The Big Guy", setting up tonight's match. In weeks leading up to tonight, Kane, continued to get the upper hand on Ryback, attacking him with a steel chair.
- "Steel Stairs Match": Big Show vs. Erick Rowan: Big Show turned heel again at last month's Survivor Series when he turned on Team Cena. Erick Rowan hates bullies and has targeted Show as a huge bully. Show attacked Rowan a few weeks back with the ring steps which set up tonight's match. Show says Rowan is out of his league in this match, Rowan still hates bullies and Show is a very big bully.
- "WWE Intercontinental Championship, Ladder Match": Luke Harper (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler: Back when The Authority was in full power they screwed Ziggler out of his WWE Intercontinental Championship. Luke Harper defeated Ziggler back before Survivor Series on RAW as The Authority interfered in their match. Ziggler defeated Harper twice, once by count out and once by DQ on Smackdown, the past few weeks. Ziggler looks to regain his WWE Intercontinental Championship tonight in a "Ladder Match". Harper looks to take out the man that ended The Authority.
- "WWE World Tag Team Championship": The Miz and Damien Sandow (c) vs. The Usos: The Usos won a tag team turmoil match on RAW a few weeks back, earning a shot at the tag titles. The Miz and Sandow are defending their newly won titles they won at Survivor Series. A few weeks leading up to TLC, Miz began making advances toward Jimmy Uso's wife, Naomi, promising her a lead in Hollywood with Miz's agent. Jimmy became furious, knowing Miz is playing mind games. Can The Usos become two time tag team champions and defend Naomi or will Miz and Sandow retain the titles in their true Hollywood story and possibly really be telling the truth about Naomi having a spot in Hollywood?
- "WWE United States Championship Match": Rusev (c) vs. Jack Swagger: Rusev sent a message to America and to Jack Swagger when he attacked Swagger's manager Zeb Colter. Colter was forced out of action and had to have surgery on his leg due to the attack. Swagger looks for revenge on the big Russian and looks to bring the United States Championship back to America.
- "WWE Divas Championship Match": Nikki Bella (c) vs. A.J. Lee: A.J. has cashed in her rematch opportunity after losing the Divas Championship to Nikki at Survivor Series in under 15 seconds. Nikki, now with Brie back in her corner, looks to retain her championship and take out Mrs. CM Punk.
- The pregame show we'll see the newest faction called The New Day, which includes Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods and Big E. battle the bizarre Rhodes Brothers (Goldust & Stardust) in tag team action.
As usual if you miss the pay per view Sunday night, join me on Monday afternoon as I post the results to this year's TLC and S pay per view.
Tap or Snap